Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,322,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
Exactly, left wing liberal idea that he's bad for the state is pure nonsense. Some leftoids are more concerned about his appearance than performance. Maybe he should wear a big purple boa and blow kisses at the camera to make them happy
No no no, not all of us are on one wing. I'm a moderate that has voted Republican in the past. I don't mind a tough sheriff but some of us have chosen not to drink the Kool Aid any longer. We understand what he is all about. He is like any other politician who is in it for himself. He loves publicity and talks big and does little! Staging a couple of busts of fast food restaurants and stores doesn't quite make me feel safer. Meanwhile he is an embarrassment to our state and during a time in which we just lost a Fortune 500 headquarters, we need everything we can to lure more educated people to this state and sorry but educated people don't like people who racially discriminate and profile. Maybe that appeals to the good ole boys in this state and others but educated people who start companies aren't really into the whole discrimination thing.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,322,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I don't know any militia members, so I can't speak to that, but I can tell you that there have been quite a few white collar, highly educated people who have said this to me.
I personally know an attorney from a prominent New York firm who considered setting up an office here and bringing a 100 jobs who stated they were concerned about the schools and political environment here. Meanwhile, I've read reports from white supremacists who were attracted to the state because of our stance on Hispanics. The majority of highly educated people are socially liberal regardless of how they vote and they dont see this type of treatment of Hispanics as a positive thing. It doesn't make our state very appealing to highly educated people.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM

654 posts, read 1,498,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No no no, not all of us are on one wing. I'm a moderate that has voted Republican in the past. I don't mind a tough sheriff but some of us have chosen not to drink the Kool Aid any longer. We understand what he is all about. He is like any other politician who is in it for himself. He loves publicity and talks big and does little! Staging a couple of busts of fast food restaurants and stores doesn't quite make me feel safer. Meanwhile he is an embarrassment to our state and during a time in which we just lost a Fortune 500 headquarters, we need everything we can to lure more educated people to this state and sorry but educated people don't like people who racially discriminate and profile. Maybe that appeals to the good ole boys in this state and others but educated people who start companies aren't really into the whole discrimination thing.

You exaggerate too much. He's not even on the radar of most people outside the state.

To think he would be the cause of a large company not investing in the valley is just absurd.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 AM

654 posts, read 1,498,206 times
Quote:
I personally know an attorney from a prominent New York firm who considered setting up an office here and bringing a 100 jobs who stated they were concerned about the schools and political environment here. Meanwhile, I've read reports from white supremacists who were attracted to the state because of our stance on Hispanics. The majority of highly educated people are socially liberal regardless of how they vote and they dont see this type of treatment of Hispanics as a positive thing. It doesn't make our state very appealing to highly educated people.

Post some links.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Take the general non-Phoenix (or MC or AZ) discussion to the politics forum, please.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,055,801 times
Quote:
Let's start out with this, I didn't vote for Joe this time around for some very specific reasons, just one of them was the commercial that portrayed his opponent as some kind of wife beating loon. There were others but that was the capper.
As for the discrimination/profiling thing, are you saying we need somebody with the attitudes of those that run San Francisco? I'm just trying to see where you're coming from.

As for those educated people who run companies, you're right they're not into the "discrimination" of checking legal status or enforcing immigration laws. This is because they're educated enough to know that if they support such activities they'll lose a cheap,exploitable labor pool.
As for the profiling thing, you do realize these same "educated" people profile others on a daily basis as do all of us to one degree or another.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM

606 posts, read 1,608,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I don't know any militia members, so I can't speak to that, but I can tell you that there have been quite a few white collar, highly educated people who have said this to me.
Actually, he said "White Collar", not "Pointy White Hat"...

Just kidding. But I try to look at the issues objectively. That's how I can dislike Joe much (should be obvious by now), but still be in agreement with some of his policies (albeit the minority of them). When AZRiverFan said, "not all of us are on one wing", that was a great line. We as a country should strive more towards that, an independent stance. As things stand, we our losing ourselves because of the blinders we self impose, like "I'm a Democrat", or "I'm a Republican". What B.S.! I'm ME, and I am free to support any politician or political ideals that I agree with, regardless or their red or blue connotations.

Joining a political party is just like joining a gang. Once you click up you lose your personal freedom to make your own decisions regarding any and all issues. You are thereby forced to accept your organization's stance on all issues and lose your individual voice and power to decide the issues for yourself. Class warfare and gang warfare are so disgustingly similar that it is sad the masses don't realize what they/we our doing to ourselves. We get so emotional and go for the throats of the enemy all in the name of our party/hood and we lose sight of the fact that while we are the footsoldiers of the organization, we are only ensuring the power and profit of those at the top of the pyramid.

For that reason, I am an independent. Both in the political sense and in the neighborhood. The only one I'm fighting for is me, I'm not going to be a pawn in a system that just wants to exploit me for their own benefit. We need a mass realization in this country, and we need it soon. We need to take of the blinders and drop our political affiliations and stop being the footsoldiers of political warfare. We are no more mature than the gang-members running around in the street participating in "Black-on-Black" or "Hispanic-on-Hispanic" crime; as a matter of fact, we have the exact same mentality, and we have been tricked into not realizing it.

And to tie it all together, that is how I can realize that Joe is such a despicable piece of garbage, however support the fact that he want's to protect our schools. We need to stop looking at the issues from "Our Party's" viewpoint, and begin looking at the issues from own own individual viewpoint. We all have our own moral compasses and we should start looking at them, and stop looking towards these corrupt organizations called "Political Parties" for guidance on what we need to think and feel.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,055,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Waiboi View Post
Actually, he said "White Collar", not "Pointy White Hat"...

Just kidding. But I try to look at the issues objectively. That's how I can dislike Joe much (should be obvious by now), but still be in agreement with some of his policies (albeit the minority of them). When AZRiverFan said, "not all of us are on one wing", that was a great line. We as a country should strive more towards that, an independent stance. As things stand, we our losing ourselves because of the blinders we self impose, like "I'm a Democrat", or "I'm a Republican". What B.S.! I'm ME, and I am free to support any politician or political ideals that I agree with, regardless or their red or blue connotations.

Joining a political party is just like joining a gang. Once you click up you lose your personal freedom to make your own decisions regarding any and all issues. You are thereby forced to accept your organization's stance on all issues and lose your individual voice and power to decide the issues for yourself. Class warfare and gang warfare are so disgustingly similar that it is sad the masses don't realize what they/we our doing to ourselves. We get so emotional and go for the throats of the enemy all in the name of our party/hood and we lose sight of the fact that while we are the footsoldiers of the organization, we are only ensuring the power and profit of those at the top of the pyramid.

For that reason, I am an independent. Both in the political sense and in the neighborhood. The only one I'm fighting for is me, I'm not going to be a pawn in a system that just wants to exploit me for their own benefit. We need a mass realization in this country, and we need it soon. We need to take of the blinders and drop our political affiliations and stop being the footsoldiers of political warfare. We are no more mature than the gang-members running around in the street participating in "Black-on-Black" or "Hispanic-on-Hispanic" crime; as a matter of fact, we have the exact same mentality, and we have been tricked into not realizing it.

And to tie it all together, that is how I can realize that Joe is such a despicable piece of garbage, however support the fact that he want's to protect our schools. We need to stop looking at the issues from "Our Party's" viewpoint, and begin looking at the issues from own own individual viewpoint. We all have our own moral compasses and we should start looking at them, and stop looking towards these corrupt organizations called "Political Parties" for guidance on what we need to think and feel.
You realize that requires a bit of thought and reading/listening/watching which is akin to WORK instead of just being spoon fed what to believe from a central source.
Thankfully many on here actually use their heads for something other than a hat rack and actually are able to think for themselves. Problem is there's not enough to create a critical mass yet.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,359,091 times
Some of us actually know Joe and don't depend on the media for our opinions.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,794,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It has to be political blinders. How anyone can say Arpaio is competent after seeing that investigative report this week on the molesters he let walk is beyond me. Now we get this Channel 5 news report that his posse is staffed with convicted criminals including sex perverts, wife beaters, drunks and drug addicts that he failed to properly investigate before putting them on. One can only wonder about the backgrounds of his deputies.
Do you believe everything you hear on TV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area