Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 01:31 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrmoney View Post
ITS DISGUSTING!! The 101 north, every single morning from 6am until 9am, and then 3pm-6pm is filled with horrendous drivers, always doing the speed limit or just over/under
Sonny boy, last time I checked, SAFE drivers tend to drive around the speed limit...

Hope your life insurance is paid up, because sooner or later, you will be a statistic

Old 04-28-2015, 02:37 PM

661 posts, read 693,259 times
If cars are passing you on the right you are driving wrong. Period. Don't blame them because you don't understand the concept of left lane passing. Europe gets this and it is enforced by police very well.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:48 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,598,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlats View Post
If cars are passing you on the right you are driving wrong. Period. Don't blame them because you don't understand the concept of left lane passing. Europe gets this and it is enforced by police very well.
I agree. In general anyway.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:49 PM

37,157 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:

True, but if an idiot causes an accident because he is unhappy with the way you drive, the idiot is the one who is at fault.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM

Depends on how the accident happens. If a car causes an accident then it causes an accident. Doesn't change the fact that left lane non-passers are in the wrong and contribute to unsafe driving conditions. If I have to pass a person on the right I am usually much more aware of my surroundings and driving defensively than the person in the left lane in la-la land.

Edit: I should say that passing on the right can be unsafe as well and I generally dislike having to do it.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:37 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,751,623 times
Quote:
That's not always true. Often a freeway will get so clogged that all but the leftmost lane is going slower than you want to go. You go in the leftmost lane to get around the mess but along comes somebody behind you that wants to go even faster. Like that fine citizen who told us his car was engineered for speed. You are passing people but that's not good enough for him. After tailgating you for a while he tries another lane and eventually bullies somebody out of his way. He then passes you on the right and curses you for not getting out of his way. You of course were planning on getting out of his way once you got through passing the clog, but that wasn't good enough. When he gets where he is going he sits down at his computer and chews you out on City-Data.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:44 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
That's not always true. Often a freeway will get so clogged that all but the leftmost lane is going slower than you want to go. You go in the leftmost lane to get around the mess but along comes somebody behind you that wants to go even faster. Like that fine citizen who told us his car was engineered for speed. You are passing people but that's not good enough for him. After tailgating you for a while he tries another lane and eventually bullies somebody out of his way. He then passes you on the right and curses you for not getting out of his way. You of course were planning on getting out of his way once you got through passing the clog, but that wasn't good enough. When he gets where he is going he sits down at his computer and chews you out on City-Data.
Hey that's me! but I never said anything other than my car is engineered for speed and is not unsafe at high speeds. I was thinking that again today as I was on the HOV onramp to the 101 from the South 202 "Wow I'm going 90 on this turn but it feels like 65". If you do not feel safe going 85 on the freeway that's your deal, freeway speed was cruising at 85-90 today when I was on it (the left two lanes) and like I said there is always someone coming up going faster and I get out of their way. I don't tailgate and curse people out and cut them off, let's not embellish too much

Old 04-28-2015, 03:48 PM

586 posts, read 542,618 times
So maybe just maybe it wasn't snowbirds causing this trouble as has been suggested previously.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:53 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
So maybe just maybe it wasn't snowbirds causing this trouble as has been suggested previously.
No it usually is snowbirds that are going slow in the fast lane. Or it could be locals that have plates from Alberta, Michigan, Iowa, BC, etc. Also the aforementioned Prius driver with MPG OCD.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Yes there are exceptions, such as when you are clearly in the left lane in line to pass the congestion and there's a gap on the right and someone pushes their way in the left lane line to pass. It forces people to bunch up in the left lane to not allow the car to force their way in. Or someone allows the person in which is always frustrating. It's the equivalent of a line cutter and supremely rude, just as not using the left lane to pass. Both behaviors should be decried.

Usually the freeway gets that clogged because people are not passing on the left and just instead choosing a lane and going whatever speed they feel like.

And to be clear I'm not talking about rush hour situations where every lane is clogged and brought to below 60 mph. Then it just is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area