Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:42 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times

Advertisements

Arpaios starting up the restraining order ads against Penzone again.

https://vimeo.com/184453309

Hopefully it doesn't work again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 11:10 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,691,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden91 View Post
Yeah, he's got a tough fight on his hands Some people have been saying "good riddance" for his last three elections. Arpaio will win.
And where does Mr Arpaio's campaign funding come from, do you know?
Most of it comes from out of state.
In our world, dollars can buy votes & most of the dollars behind "our" sheriff aren't ours..
Have you ever donated money to a county sheriff in another state?
I can't imagine *why* I'd care who the sheriff is in rural Montana or Dallas Texas..
And I can't imagine supporting a system where someone in another state gets to impose their pick for county sheriff on me.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:52 PM

784 posts, read 923,436 times
Sheriff Joe will once again easily win his election.

As I've mentioned before he is saving the county 10's of millions with his record setting recidivism rate even after paying out millions in lawsuits as all other big metropolitan county sheriff's do.....in fact his settlements are small compared to others....it's just a fact in our lawsuit happy times we are living.

You either like him or you hate him.....that just the way things go in politics today.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Sheriff Joe will once again easily win his election.

As I've mentioned before he is saving the county 10's of millions with his record setting recidivism rate even after paying out millions in lawsuits as all other big metropolitan county sheriff's do.....in fact his settlements are small compared to others....it's just a fact in our lawsuit happy times we are living.

You either like him or you hate him.....that just the way things go in politics today.

It is interesting you bring up recidivism. Actually, a big reason why Joe has fallen out of favor is many feel that he doesn't do enough. I know a lot of former Joe supporters personally. The comments I frequently hear is "This isn't the same Joe that we knew in the 1990's and early 2000's. He has become complacent" In the last 5 years, Joe has earned a reputation of being a Donald Trump like character in that he talks big and does little. He is more interested in publicizing himself. It seems like his focus is on guest appearances, reality tv shows and staging highly publicized raids at fast food restaurants but doing little in terms of actually combating crime, and dealing with the most violent elements.

The Sheriff Joe homers blindly support him but his former objective supporters stopped supporting him. They realize he is about image and less about substance. They don't particularly support Penzone but they think that any good Joe is doing is not enough to overcome the negative national reputation he brings the state and the tens of millions he has cost us in terms of lawsuits.

Joe is feeling the heat. I can't recall the last time I ever saw Joe pay for ads asking to endorse him. I think this is the year he finally loses.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:40 PM

11 posts, read 9,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Joe is feeling the heat. I can't recall the last time I ever saw Joe pay for ads asking to endorse him. I think this is the year he finally loses.

This has been a fantasy of a very loud and vocal minority of Arizona for years now, that Arpaio will lose and be ousted eventually, and every time he is re elected these people get disappointed and act shocked. "omg how can they keep this man as sheriff? Why do they keep voting for him? So racist! OMG". The same will happen again this year.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:01 AM

431 posts, read 98,523 times
Arpaio's Contempt Case Comes Less Than Month Before Election - ABC News

He was charge with criminal contempt from DOJ. They should have removed him from the office.

Attn Maricopa County Citizen!!!

Do not vote for Sheriff Joe Arpaio again. You must forget about him. It's time for change.

Vote for Paul Penzone. Once for all! Vote for Paul Penzone.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:05 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Arpaio's Contempt Case Comes Less Than Month Before Election - ABC News

He was charge with criminal contempt from DOJ. They should have removed him from the office.

Attn Maricopa County Citizen!!!

Do not vote for Sheriff Joe Arpaio again. You must forget about him. It's time for change.

Vote for Paul Penzone. Once for all! Vote for Paul Penzone.

This is big news. Many though DOJ would never charge him with criminal contempt. They are going to make a movie on this one day. It reminds you of Robert DeNiro's Al Capone in the Untouchables. LOL You never thought they would get him but they did.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:10 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This is big news. Many though DOJ would never charge him with criminal contempt. They are going to make a movie on this one day. It reminds you of Robert DeNiro's Al Capone in the Untouchables. LOL You never thought they would get him but they did.
They haven't yet.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
I wonder, if they do in fact charge him will we get to see the booking photo/process?
I wonder who will get the job of booking him or if anyone will have the 'nads to actually do it knowing that "good old Joe" knows how to dole out payback?

Joe had his time and that time has passed. His downfall started when he started believing his own press and started acting like a celebrity instead of a Sheriff.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:38 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Put him in pink underwear and have him pick up oranges!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area