Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 07:45 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,437 times

Advertisements

Arpaio is really starting to spend his money...note all the ads about how he protects pets and prosecutes animal abusers...probably a very smart tactic politically...I have to imagine there's a lot of people out there who are just big-time animal lovers and if he can convince them to make voting for him a "values" choice rather than a "performance" choice, that's a big time win for him.

Has there been any news on the lawsuit Penzone filed? I have still been seeing the ads about Penzone's police records, so I am guessing he didn't get a stay...I didn't see anything on the internet about the lawsuit since it was filed but maybe I missed the latest news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:19 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
You folks in Arizona ought to forget about Arpaio and quit electing that idiot McCain. That would do more good !

Old 10-13-2016, 12:21 PM

673 posts, read 466,070 times
Oh.........but it is better to let illegal aliens commit crime.............you people are out of your minds

Old 10-13-2016, 12:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Oh.........but it is better to let illegal aliens commit crime.............you people are out of your minds
Who said that? Can only Arpaio fight immigration?

Old 10-13-2016, 12:39 PM

445 posts, read 515,689 times
What's really ridiculous is the completely hyperbolic rhetoric on both sides. Arpaio is either the worst guy on the planet or he's the best sheriff and the most valiant defender against illegals that America has. Very few people on either side are willing to step off the extreme position and acknowledge that the other side may actually have some valid points. At some point, we all stopped having reasonable discussions about anything having to do with politics and jumped right to arguing about it while dismissing anyone with an opposing point of view.

For the record, I can't stand Arpaio and think he needs to go for a multitude of ethical and financial reasons. But does that mean that I shouldn't acknowledge the fact that I completely support how he handles animal abusers, how I actually think tent city is a pretty good idea, and how Penzone doesn't really seem to be a very good guy either? There's very little that's black and white in this world, especially when it comes to politics, and I would be just another uninformed jackass if I didn't at least look into the other sides of the argument. When we stop listening to each other and refuse to acknowledge that different people may actually have valid opinions even if they differ from our own, we miss opportunities to learn and become more informed. I see this happening all over the country with virtually ever election for the last decade, and this thread illustrates it perfectly.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:11 PM

431 posts, read 98,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Who said that? Can only Arpaio fight immigration?
Yes, he did. He fight the immigration. Because of this, he's breaking the laws. The judge told him that he have to stop immigration patrols by outside Maricopa County.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Yes, he did. He fight the immigration. Because of this, he's breaking the laws. The judge told him that he have to stop immigration patrols by outside Maricopa County.
He's out of his jurisdiction leaving Maricopa County. And the judge ordered him to stop racial profiling policies which he refused and then exacerbated placing himself where he is now.

Arpaios predicament has nothing to do with a conspiracy, it's his own hubris and arrogance. All he wants is to be on TV.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:43 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
All he wants is to be on TV.
And make mean face on TV. Wedneck like mean face, make man tough.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
And make mean face on TV. Wedneck like mean face, make man tough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MWDvXoqod9I

If you want a quick chuckle at slight yet casual racial profiling, watch from 3:00-4:06

From Arpaios Tent City Commercial episode of Cops.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:57 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
I just saw Arpaio's latest TV ad. He's indignantly complaining that he was charged with criminal contempt, blaming the Obama Administration, and claiming it's all about illegal immigration (as opposed to his not following court orders) I'm sure it will resonate with his fan base, but for anyone on the fence it was extremely off-putting. Bad choice. Plus, if he loses his trial that ad is not going help at his sentencing.

Last edited by johnp292; 10-18-2016 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area