Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 07:26 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Lawsuit funded by out of state money I bet he gets re-elected
Worked for Hulk Hogan (who in some ways had a better case)

Last edited by take57; 08-20-2016 at 07:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 10:42 PM

107 posts, read 201,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Joe has saved Arizona hundreds of millions of dollars having one of the lowest recidivism rates in the country.....and as previously mentioned you can't find any big county sheriffs office that has not paid out 10's of millions in settlements.....Joes are actually low compared to others.......
Got any cites for any of those statements? They certainly don't agree with anything I've ever read.

Quote:
Maricopa is lucky to have a guy who will enforce the laws and save the tax payers money.
Enforce the laws he likes (or makes up)?
And saves the taxpayers money by pulling stunts like having his two top deputies "retire" on a Friday and come back to work on a Monday in their old jobs in their old offices, now collecting twice the pay, PLUS their retirements, thereby costing taxpayers three times as much to have the same duties performed?

It seems like some voters never pay much attention to Joe's dirty little tricks, as long he keeps thumping his chest at his press conferences.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:50 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
If Joe is found to have committed a crime he should be treated no differently than Hillary or Obama.

Yep, He should be "Cleared" because the was no "Intent" to break the Law.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:54 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post

It seems like some voters never pay much attention to Joe's dirty little tricks, as long he keeps thumping his chest at his press conferences.

Some one paying attention. He keeps getting elected, and has a lot more people supporting him, than bashing him. If he is making the "Lefties" that mad. I am all for him, because he must be doing something right. Go Joe...

Old 08-21-2016, 11:24 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
But what about the criminals and illegal aliens? Think about them. Arpaio messes up their plans, that's not fair.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:41 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times
Arpaio is in bed with the LDS who helps finance him behind the scenes. So long as the LDS controls politics as they do, Joe will stay in office. His son inlaw is LDS too. The LDS cash flow...Joe comes down hard on Flake's son and now his son is looking at a 4 million dollar settlement for being forced out of BYU. LDS just taking care of their own while the naive look at Joe as TOUGH.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:30 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Nail in the Coffin

Joe is done. Even if the judge does not accept the criminal contempt, the damage has already been done. I think the people of Arizona are tired of his antics. His act has finally worn thin. He has cost taxpayers millions in lawsuits. I think residents finally understand how he is hurting the image of Arizona and possibly costing us jobs. Finally, he is just old. He is in 80's, how much longer can he realistically serve a role like that.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:45 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times
We all saw how quickly Joe Paterno deteriorated after losing his gig at Penn State. Being sheriff is what is keeping this narcissist going. Ego is his only motivation at 86 years old.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:12 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
He has cost taxpayers millions
I wonder how much illegals have cost Arizonans? Funny how that never gets mentioned.

Im not a fan of Joe, but Im glad to see people out there like him who are sick and tired of illegals and the massive burden they are. I dont care if people think its not his right to go after illegals, Im just glad SOMEONE is.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:56 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I wonder how much illegals have cost Arizonans? Funny how that never gets mentioned.

Im not a fan of Joe, but Im glad to see people out there like him who are sick and tired of illegals and the massive burden they are. I dont care if people think its not his right to go after illegals, Im just glad SOMEONE is.
There are ethical ways to accomplish the same ends without the legal cost. Joe is an ego, an expensive one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area