Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 12:23 PM

770 posts, read 838,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b...ds-the.html#i1
(shows the future model)

If they are adding senior living space, and doctors office, There is NO WAY they are going to expand it, and they are more likely to tear it all down so they could move it somewhere else, (which probably would never happen either).
I'm just saying it would be a perfect opportunity to tear the mall down and expand cnc into a full amusement park. Freeway access, light rail stop, centrally located. It's a wasted opportunity to waste it on an old folks home and generic buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM

770 posts, read 838,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
A theme park has been suggested for that area, and it would be a perfect way to either expand Castles & Coasters, or tear it all down & build a large amusement park that has the potential to be a national attraction. However, you know what the obstacle would be: NIMBYs! They're adamantly opposed to theme parks, and they'd be crawling out from under their rocks to protest loudly. Then again, the proposal for a multi story office building probably won't be too welcomed by NIMBYs either. They'd be upset about their mountain views or sunlight being blocked.
!
Indeed they are squandering it and this would be the perfect opportunity to have an amusement park at the perfect location with perfect infostructure and amenities. For a Walmart, old folks home and generic buildings.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:51 PM

975 posts, read 1,405,570 times
I agree that the mall should be demolished and redeveloped. It's a "dead" mall and those tend to attract blight and crime. Unfortunately, unless they moved a college to the site, there's not a lot of ways to re-purpose the building.

However, if you're going to build an "urban village" I don't see how Walmart fits into the equation. Walmart isn't very "urban" and will simply contribute to the Kmart at Northern and I-17 closing, moving the blight problem a mile down the road.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:04 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,341,016 times
Wasn't the Metrocenter Mall, the San Dimas Mall in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

Old 10-14-2016, 02:13 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
I agree that the mall should be demolished and redeveloped. It's a "dead" mall and those tend to attract blight and crime. Unfortunately, unless they moved a college to the site, there's not a lot of ways to re-purpose the building.

However, if you're going to build an "urban village" I don't see how Walmart fits into the equation. Walmart isn't very "urban" and will simply contribute to the Kmart at Northern and I-17 closing, moving the blight problem a mile down the road.
That KMart needs to close, so that's not a bad thing!

Old 10-14-2016, 02:23 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
But where will I get an Orange Julius?!

Metrocenter does not have a Sbarro. Any mall w/o Sbarro has no purpose. As long as Castles N Coasters still stands I don't care what happens to Metrocenter.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:10 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,346,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
But where will I get an Orange Julius?!

Metrocenter does not have a Sbarro. Any mall w/o Sbarro has no purpose. As long as Castles N Coasters still stands I don't care what happens to Metrocenter.
Sbarro closed many of their locations in 2014 when they filed for bankruptcy. The only Sbarros remaining in the Valley are at Superstition Springs Center in Mesa and at Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Sbarro closed many of their locations in 2014 when they filed for bankruptcy. The only Sbarros remaining in the Valley are at Superstition Springs Center in Mesa and at Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale.
Isn't there still Sbarro at both Scottadale Fashion Sq and AZ Mills?

Old 10-14-2016, 03:40 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,346,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, both closed in 2014. Scottsdale Fashion Square now has a Fired Pie, while Arizona Mills now has a Villa Italian Kitchen (which is also found at Chandler Fashion Center and Paradise Valley Mall).

Old 10-14-2016, 03:42 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The location at the Scottsdale Fashion Square has been gone for, at least, 2 years. I worked a Super Bowl event at the mall and it was the first I noticed it was no longer there. Went to get a slice for lunch at the food court and found a cheese steak joint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area