Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:52 AM

483 posts, read 668,626 times

Advertisements

If you show up to an event wearing a gas mask or bandana covering your face, it's pretty safe to say the event you're attending isn't a birthday party and your intentions aren't honorable. Don't want to show your face? Why is that? What do you have to hide?

Oh, wait...I forgot. Love trumps hate...

Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,997,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpakrfan View Post
If you show up to an event wearing a gas mask or bandana covering your face, it's pretty safe to say the event you're attending isn't a birthday party and your intentions aren't honorable. Don't want to show your face? Why is that? What do you have to hide?

Yep! As they chase you down the street, pummel you, destroy public property, then proclaim you to be a "racist" (even if you're black) because you voted for Trump, or a "fascist" for exercising your rights to free speech.

Have no fear. Antifa's time will come. There are already plans Ive seen circulating on the 'net to meet them in the streets. Its not gonna be pretty.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:34 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,744,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First off Zippy, it's a Pepper Ball NOT a " Pepper bean bag" or as the news claimed at the time a "rubber bullet". Secondly, while I'd kid about the cop that shot it deserving a round of drinks for being such a good shot I can tell you from experience it was a luck shot, in other words it was the BAD luck of the wanna be Anti-Faaa terrorist.
Thankfully he spent the night in the E.R. for burns to his hand from picking up the CS can and he said on the news this morning "I'm sore down there". GOOD!
Play a stupid game win a stupid prize.
The video is in the thread, no way he got hit by a single pepper ball.

And the report posted in this thread stated that they saw someone "knocked on their butt" by a round of some sort, and a single pepperball wont knock an adult down.

Pretty sure Phoenix pd has denied they used teargas, but you've got people on both sides & reporters saying teargas was used, if they're lying about the teargas, they could just as easily be lying about rubber bullets/beanbags. That's what happens when you lie, people stop believing you.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:48 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,190,361 times
Pretty sure you are not standing around once one of these hits anywhere near you...

But don't take my word for it...you can read from officers that have used them here.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:56 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,436,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking.Bigfoot View Post
Here I am....Feeding the troll again....
HAHAHAaaa.....But seriously? Fear? I must say... watching Trump last night actually made me feel a lot better than watching fake news. There was a sense of Patriotism in the air.
I felt proud to be an American.
The left is poking the the waking giant and that giant is not happy. It's getting old. Americans are tired of all this fear trolling leftists but Patriots are not afraid. In fact they are getting stronger.
Oh yeah baby. The Dinty Moore militia is waking up. Ooooh.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,098,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
The video is in the thread, no way he got hit by a single pepper ball.

And the report posted in this thread stated that they saw someone "knocked on their butt" by a round of some sort, and a single pepperball wont knock an adult down.

Pretty sure Phoenix pd has denied they used teargas, but you've got people on both sides & reporters saying teargas was used, if they're lying about the teargas, they could just as easily be lying about rubber bullets/beanbags. That's what happens when you lie, people stop believing you.
If you watch slow motion video you will see where the pepper ball hits him and yes, you get tagged in the "eggles" by one you will drop like a sack of potatoes.
As for the "tear gas", I've not heard them deny using it, in fact it's clear on the videos and I believe the Chief said that they did use that to start with.

You just don't like some Anti-Faaaa trouble maker getting his due...

Old 08-24-2017, 12:21 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,022,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Nice to know you'll never ever exercise your right to protest when you're wronged by the government, because you're afraid to get shot in the junk. That's precisely what shooting unarmed people in the junk is supposed to teach them.
1. They are not peacefully protesting, they are rioting. Big difference.

2. How exactly was he wronged by the government?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:28 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,022,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpakrfan View Post

Exactly. I thought these morons were proud of the fact they are "fighting nazis".

Old 08-24-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
1. They are not peacefully protesting, they are rioting. Big difference.

2. How exactly was he wronged by the government?
There was no "riot" , and there were no arrests, despite a substantial police presence.

There were plenty of officers available to arrest the guy who got shot in the groin, and he publicly gave his name afterwards, so it's not like they couldn't find him if they thought he committed a felony attack on a police officer.

There is pretty convincing evidence that more force was used than necessary- as evidenced by people being injured by the actions of the police & this is a direct result of the double-standard and the deniability attached to "non lethal" weapons being used. No officers had justification to use deadly force - shooting people in the groin or the head could kill them.

My posts clearly show my concern about posters laughing when protesters get abused, because at some point *you* might need to protest the actions of your government & if peaceful protests get you tear gassed & shot in the junk, then it's a heck of a lot easier to justify *violent* protests. We don't have enough police to handle violent protests & I don't care to live in a police-state where we do, nor do I care to pay for that many police.

Despite all the smarmy defense of the indefensible so far in this thread, I'm just hoping to point out that violently putting down a non-violent protest, if this is the accepted "new normal" - will absolutely lead to future protests being violent & any blame for that will rest firmly on the shoulders of those who think these kinds of things are funny or justifiable. That would be you, among others.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

You just don't like some Anti-Faaaa trouble maker getting his due...
I'm no supporter of trump or anti-faaaa, and the Reddit post linked in this thread indicated that the guy who got shot in the junk wasn't antifaaa.

I can fully accept that an anti-trump protester might have shown up at a trump rally - *especially* given that Trump had been floating the idea of a pardon for Joe Arpaio in his contempt of court conviction, which was an incredible slap-on-the-wrist for "america's most corrupt sheriff", and the least serious of the crimes that Arpaio committed against the taxpayers and citizens of Maricopa county. You don't have to be "anti faaa" to think that's a miscarriage of justice and an abuse of presidential power.

Mr Arpaio *earned* his contempt of court conviction fair and square with a cherry on top. I can't think of a clearer case of outright, in your face, neener-Neener contempt than what mr Arpaio did.

So, you didn't "have to be looking" for trouble to protest the draft-dodging, bankrupt when it's convenient, billionaire all the other times, fake-hair president who intends to *pardon* the sins of someone duly convicted of a crime in maricopa county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area