Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 02:47 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,821,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I'm sick of these protesters from all sides. While protesting is a First Amendment right, it seems that many protesters are taking this too far ... and it's obvious many of them have nothing better to do with their time. This applies not only to the political protesters, but those who fight against everything including development (NIMBYs). They obviously have few goals in life except making trouble and seeking attention.
That's politics for ya. But the violence (whether from police or protesters)/destroying property is not OK. Making noise is just fine to me, that's the whole point.

Politics is about choosing a set of entrenched interests to be given priority out of an infinite list of them. You'll never make everyone happy, only (and hopefully) a majority.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:47 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times
I'm not taking sides here, I think both sides are nuts. Having said that, seeing the idiot in the gas mask kick the tear gas back at the officer then get dropped after being shot in the crotch was the funniest thing I saw yesterday. Also I'm glad to be living in the suburbs

Old 08-23-2017, 02:48 PM

8,413 posts, read 7,706,643 times
Well, the good thing is, at least at this event, no one in the crowd was run down by someone in a car. I guess that's progress.

I too would like to see all of these protests (on both sides) calm down. I'm not saying don't protest; I'm saying to do it peacefully.

We need to get to a point where we can calmly discuss the issues facing our Country, rather than just slinging hyperbole and insults at each other. Unruly and potentially dangerous protests (on both sides) and inflaming rhetoric (from both sides) just divert us from the very real work that needs to be done in America.

Again, in case anyone missed it, I'm saying that goes for both sides, especially the outer fringes and leaders on each side.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-23-2017 at 02:58 PM..

Old 08-23-2017, 02:58 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Absolutely don't believe it's real, just pointing out the absurdity of the offer - no one is going to spend thousands of dollars per protester to fly them in.
Whew. Got worried there.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Well, the good thing is, at least at this event, no one in the crowd was run down by someone in a car. I guess that's progress.

I too would like to see all of these protests (on both sides) calm down. I'm not saying don't protest; I'm saying to do it peacefully.

We need to get to a point where we can calmly discuss the issues facing our Country, rather than just slinging hyperbole and insults at each other. Unruly and potentially dangerous protests (on both sides) and inflaming rhetoric (from both sides) just divert us from the very real work that needs to be done in America.

Again, in case anyone missed it, I'm saying that goes for both sides, especially the outer fringes and leaders on each side.
Yup, the fringes from both sides are pretty disgusting. I know someone who is HARD left, like Antifa lefty. It's pretty crazy. I'm pretty liberal myself and disagree with the GOP on almost everything, but Antifa takes it to a whole new level that I'm not OK with. I'm sure the same goes for the conservative side. I can still have a conversation with a conservative, but not the crazies.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:02 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,745,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I'm not taking sides here, I think both sides are nuts. Having said that, seeing the idiot in the gas mask kick the tear gas back at the officer then get dropped after being shot in the crotch was the funniest thing I saw yesterday. Also I'm glad to be living in the suburbs
I'm glad you liked it! - be sure to *remember* how funny it was when you go to yell at your local government for raising your taxes, kissing a corporate behind at your expense or passing a law/ordinance that you disagree with & your friendly, local "peace officer" shoots you in the junk for being "disorderly". I'll be rolling over laughing then myself! We're all in this this together whether you can see the implications or not.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:10 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times
Quote:
I'm glad you liked it! - be sure to *remember* how funny it was when you go to yell at your local government for raising your taxes, kissing a corporate behind at your expense or passing a law/ordinance that you disagree with & your friendly, local "peace officer" shoots you in the junk for being "disorderly". I'll be rolling over laughing then myself! We're all in this this together whether you can see the implications or not.
Oh I'll never be out in the middle of the street wearing a gas mask and assaulting police like that idiot, that much I can tell you.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:13 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,745,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Yup, the fringes from both sides are pretty disgusting. I know someone who is HARD left, like Antifa lefty. It's pretty crazy. I'm pretty liberal myself and disagree with the GOP on almost everything, but Antifa takes it to a whole new level that I'm not OK with. I'm sure the same goes for the conservative side. I can still have a conversation with a conservative, but not the crazies.
I can't complain about people protesting on the face of it, but "counter protests" really seem dumb when you look at our actual history in this country. If you really hate nazi's or fascist's or whatever, you let them have their little "rally" downtown & scream themselves hoarse with *no* one watching them (and no actual opposition for them to foam at the mouth about, take a swing at, or to insult). Just a group of like-minded idiots talking to themselves with no one present to attack.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I can't complain about people protesting on the face of it, but "counter protests" really seem dumb when you look at our actual history in this country. If you really hate nazi's or fascist's or whatever, you let them have their little "rally" downtown & scream themselves hoarse with *no* one watching them (and no actual opposition for them to foam at the mouth about, take a swing at, or to insult). Just a group of like-minded idiots talking to themselves with no one present to attack.
Well yeah that's the preferred way, but then again, another argument is, why would you seemingly "accept" these people's views in your communities. Knowingly they're wrong and have a twisted mindset?

Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,748,296 times
Quote:
Absolutely.

Along these lines my favorite is this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp...boNnf200oV8cWQ

I find myself just watching and shaking my head (don't care if he's left or right or wrong, I just like the vids)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area