Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 01:27 PM

26,240 posts, read 49,134,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
The reverse-reverse-reverse then reverse again psychology campaign can really make your head spin.
IOW people don't know if they're coming or going.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 01:33 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
IOW people don't know if they're coming or going.
Who to believe. Who not to believe. And if someone tells me to do something and I don't like them then I'll do the opposite unless they are telling me to do that knowing that I won't do what they say.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:20 PM

26,240 posts, read 49,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Who to believe. Who not to believe. And if someone tells me to do something and I don't like them then I'll do the opposite unless they are telling me to do that knowing that I won't do what they say.
I know that you know that I know that you know and now they all know that you know that I know that you know that I know.

BTW: Who's on first?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:30 PM

52 posts, read 46,589 times
2010- "Well kid, you could have gone to college if I hadn't invested in Beanie Babies. Here, take a couple, and good luck!"

2035- "Well kid, you could have gone to college. Here, take a 12 pack of TP, and good luck!"

Old 03-15-2020, 06:51 PM

8,649 posts, read 10,180,076 times
So, just wanted to post this here. I decided to order groceries through the Fry's I usually shop at. Originally, I had planned to have them delivered, but would have to wait until tomorrow night for that. So, I thought I would order ahead and pick them up instead of dealing with the insanity inside the stores. I ordered many of my usual items - came out to 48 items. 13 of them needed substitutions (2% Milk, generic stuff like cereal, cream of chicken soup - these types of items were out of stock). Also, pizza, pasta sauce, completely out of stock - no substitutions. They were also out of frozen chicken breasts (only chicken tenderloins) and limited hamburger. My suggestion, order a few days ahead if you decide to pick up or have delivery and try to set your pick up or delivery time to early in the day rather than later so that they may be available after being freshly stocked the night prior. I only picked the evening because it was the soonest when I ordered online early yesterday.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:21 AM

246 posts, read 401,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
So, just wanted to post this here. I decided to order groceries through the Fry's I usually shop at. Originally, I had planned to have them delivered, but would have to wait until tomorrow night for that. So, I thought I would order ahead and pick them up instead of dealing with the insanity inside the stores. I ordered many of my usual items - came out to 48 items. 13 of them needed substitutions (2% Milk, generic stuff like cereal, cream of chicken soup - these types of items were out of stock). Also, pizza, pasta sauce, completely out of stock - no substitutions. They were also out of frozen chicken breasts (only chicken tenderloins) and limited hamburger. My suggestion, order a few days ahead if you decide to pick up or have delivery and try to set your pick up or delivery time to early in the day rather than later so that they may be available after being freshly stocked the night prior. I only picked the evening because it was the soonest when I ordered online early yesterday.
We've been trying to order groceries on Walmart for the last couple days for some elderly who we don't want going out and we'll get it all set up to pickup the next day and then shortly after we order, we get an e-mail from Walmart, cancelling our order. We go back in to reorder and a number of the items are out of stock. So I think they must confirm your order with stock on the shelf at the time you order, but then the stock on the shelf gets sold out, so they cancel your order. So it seems at least for the moment that online ordering from Walmart doesn't work, due to the lag between when you order and when you can go to pick it up.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:47 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,285,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Fry's cancelled ClickList service from what I heard. Probably the same with Wal-Mart.

Old 03-17-2020, 08:24 PM

13,354 posts, read 7,385,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Fry's cancelled ClickList service from what I heard. Probably the same with Wal-Mart.
I went to Fry's this afternoon they are still offering Same-day pickup used to be called Clicklist. I picked up one of those N95 mask's I wear that now when I go into stores. I know debate if it works or not better then nothing.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:14 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,285,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I went to Fry's this afternoon they are still offering Same-day pickup used to be called Clicklist. I picked up one of those N95 mask's I wear that now when I go into stores. I know debate if it works or not better then nothing.
Yeah I also noticed it was up and running this morning. I think they may have stopped it for a brief time to catch up or something.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:38 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,242,549 times
The more important question is do they have any groceries at Fry's or are the shelves still bare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area