Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 08:16 AM

9,773 posts, read 11,180,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
I couldn't stomach reading 17 pages of this so I'll just ask:

Have any of these narcissistic, self-consumed, perpetually paranoid Chicken Little types actually volunteered WHY they're buying so much TP?

In light of the shortages our family has implemented a common sense, high fiber diet so that wiping becomes unnecessary and we can always use a wash cloth for #1
When people hear one person sneeze in public, 500 people around them sh*t their pants! It's just math.

In light of the shortage, I might have to reduce my standards and buy some Scott TP. But I have a month+ supply because I happen to buy an extra 30 pack by mistake in January.... Unless I hear people sneeze around me, I should be fine!

I'm in LA for a week. I decided to drive (thank you SWA cancelation policy). The news is showing MASSIVE lines at the local Costcos. As in meandering lines. I predict coming to a Costco near you. That said, the Bell shape curve it proving over and over how dumb some people are. Water? TP? WTF? Psst. I bought some extra meds. That allocation IS coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 11:59 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Lines are out the door at Walmart near me as people strip the shelves of food.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:09 PM

246 posts, read 401,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
That particular Costco is going to close soon, so I wonder if maybe some of the carts have already been relocated to other stores.
I believe it was supposed to close in like, September or so? The week before when I was there, they had the full complement of carts awaiting shoppers.

Saw a video on Facebook of when a Costco opened and all the people were racing down aisles with their carts to get to the TP area.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:22 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,731,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Lines are out the door at Walmart near me as people strip the shelves of food.
I went to Walmart last night during the lightning storm at about 11 for some ice cream. Couple of shoppers loading up but no lines. Kind of eerie.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:30 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I went to Walmart last night during the lightning storm at about 11 for some ice cream. Couple of shoppers loading up but no lines. Kind of eerie.
Not arguing with you, just reporting what I observed an hour or so ago in Buckeye. Employees are also wiping down carts with disinfectant at the entrance and passing them to people going in which may be slowing things. I did not go in, got no use for lines.

My daughter sent us pics of a Fry's in Tempe where the shelves are empty on every aisle that has non-perishables and frozen (plenty of produce). People who don't have food on hand should pay attention. Whether you think it is necessary or not to stock up, others are doing it and you might get caught with nothing but that can of Vegall in the back of the cabinet for dinner.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:46 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,987,524 times
Quote:
My daughter sent us pics of a Fry's in Tempe where the shelves are empty on every aisle that has non-perishables and frozen (plenty of produce). People who don't have food on hand should pay attention. Whether you think it is necessary or not to stock up, others are doing it and you might get caught with nothing but that can of Vegall in the back of the cabinet for dinner.
I'm ordering from Amazon Fresh and from Whole Foods directly. It gets delivered to my doorstep. They are out of some things but there's still plenty left. I might have gotten AF's last paper towels yesterday. It's kind of fun to sit at home and play this game.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:33 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,098,142 times
I'm not stocking up. Plenty of pigeons in our neighborhood. Stray cats as well. Y'all can consider me desperate when I start dining on roof rats.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:36 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,284,926 times
We have one of those full size stand up freezers in our laundry room and I think there's enough food in there to get us to 2023

Old 03-13-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Not arguing with you, just reporting what I observed an hour or so ago in Buckeye. Employees are also wiping down carts with disinfectant at the entrance and passing them to people going in which may be slowing things. I did not go in, got no use for lines.

No argument. Just saying it was funny/eerie that it was empty and I know people are going nuts elsewhere (and maybe stupid to go for ice cream, but heh).
What was interesting is along with a few that had full carts of food, I noticed a guy on his phone speaking in what was probably an African language, he had 40 lbs of rice in his cart. I thought: "that guy knows what's up."

Old 03-13-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'm not stocking up. Plenty of pigeons in our neighborhood. Stray cats as well. Y'all can consider me desperate when I start dining on roof rats.
DAMN IT! THAT'S HOW THIS THING STARTED!
Now, if you are eating coussin bien rembourre that's different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area