Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2020, 05:35 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,205,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
In other news:

Mrs. NBP went to our local Wal-Mart today to pick up some stuff for school (yes, rubber gloves were one thing because with the snot machines she teaches she has to wipe down her tables between every class anyway and has for years) and it was out of, in addition to any bleach and cleaning spray, toilet paper. A new shipment was anticipated in 10 to 14 days.
As a family, we decided to hold it for 10-14 days until some more TP comes back in stock. Just like our decision not to drink diet soda now. Easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This virus will be circulating for years just like H1N1 is. Hide out for now but realize you can't stay indoors forever. If we find that an infection provides future immunity, it might be better to go out there and get it now if you are still healthy.
You are on to something. From What we learnt from the 2009 swine-flu pandemic With the H1N1, older people had cross-protection (the H1N1 was similar to the 1919 Spanish flu). So this higher than average death rate virus might modify for many years. When it does, the people who get this new flu early might obtain enough cross-protection.

If we knew the virus wouldn't kill us, I'll take it now, please. But even if sepsis doesn't take you out (again; 1/3 of the people who get sepsis will) you often permanently damages our organs. Putting it another way, it would be interesting to know how many people that lived after being released from the hospital after contracting the coronavirus had permanent health issues.

While we are doom-and-gloom mode, it's a very good time to understand how well your hospital deals with sepsis. The hospital compliance rate is horrible! As in, the average is 49%. So if you are wondering why so many people drop like flies, read https://zaggocare.org/why-sepsis-dan...hoC3VYQAvD_BwE . The point is, patients who received appropriate care for severe sepsis and septic shock are in better shape than those who do not. Anyone who has been involved with long term hospital care knows that care can be weak to poor. You need an advocate who has a logical and technical brain plus making sure you get timely care. So it's a good idea to make sure you pick a hospital NOW that has a better score. Plugin your zip code on this medicare site. https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html For you, you may not want to land in Goodyears Abrazo Campus because they got poor scores.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:37 AM

50,478 posts, read 47,209,181 times
All of our small stores like Riteaid and .99 cent stores still have plenty just not the big box stores.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:12 AM

45,529 posts, read 60,760,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Why are people buying up bottled water? Is something wrong with the water from the faucet?

I don't get the fear of running out of TP either. If you run out, so what? Get in the shower and clean yourself.
Apparently some influencer/talking head/"expert" opined that if orders for no movement are issued that those people who work for water suppliers won't be able to go to work at the water facilities.

For those who have individual wells the same logic is being applied to the power plant workers not going to work.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:25 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,807,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
My contractor said because he is licensed he doesn't have to get a permit to install a new outlet.
Ha...that's a good one. Get a new contractor, quick! He is a liar.......

Old 03-09-2020, 08:56 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,002,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I have a filter installed under my sink, if you can't do that then there's the PUR and Brita pitchers. No sense in lugging home cases of water.
Who does that?

I have it delivered.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
As a family, we decided to hold it for 10-14 days until some more TP comes back in stock. Just like our decision not to drink diet soda now. Easy.

Eh, just do what they did in the old days: Wipe with a page out of the Restoration Hardware catalog.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Eh, just do what they did in the old days: Wipe with a page out of the Restoration Hardware catalog.
Back in the day, JCPenny's and the Sears catalog too. But those retailers are wobbling... No Amazon pages to use.

But there is no need to go down that path (catalog pages). I suspect the "intellectually-challenged" folks are done hogging the TP supply. Next up, batteries. Soon, antibiotics for pneumonia will be out of stock at border towns. Mark my words.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Back in the day, JCPenny's and the Sears catalog too.

Yeah, that was the gist of my joke.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:29 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Quote:
Back in the day, JCPenny's and the Sears catalog too. But those retailers are wobbling... No Amazon pages to use.

But there is no need to go down that path (catalog pages). I suspect the "intellectually-challenged" folks are done hogging the TP supply. Next up, batteries. Soon, antibiotics for pneumonia will be out of stock at border towns. Mark my words.
Don't go to Mexico to buy antibiotics. You can't buy antibiotics in the border towns. They are restricted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area