Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,199,484 times

Advertisements

What I (and many other people as well) have noticed is it seemed to go straight from winter to summer this year (2008)......we never even had a 'spring' (temps from 70's-90').
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 AM

55 posts, read 123,856 times
It is definitely humid today, but it is monsoon season & to be expected.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,097,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Excuse me Twiggy..... I waited ALL winter for summer to get here. It is very good now.......... For me anyway....: )
OOPS! Sorry!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What I (and many other people as well) have noticed is it seemed to go straight from winter to summer this year (2008)......we never even had a 'spring' (temps from 70's-90').
I have always felt this way. But I see it as Summer, fall, spring, no winter. I have never felt like we have winter here so fall and spring feel like winter but really they are like fall and spring everywhere else. I don't really ever feel seasons here. I only notice monsoon being different. I didn't realize people here felt like we had season change. How can one tell? I can never tell. In October and November it can be cooler one day and then back up to 100 on others. Same with April and May. It's been 75 on Christmas here more than once.. I have never felt like it was winter here at all. What feels like winter to you guys? I'm just curious. What temp does it have to get below to feel wintery? Please don't get mad at my question, I am really serious, not joking, just want to know what temp it feels cold to everyone?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:23 AM

812 posts, read 2,310,267 times
Twiggs, I was kidding, I wouldn't get mad at your question, sorry about that.

I define the summer and winter by just two things. Short sleeve or long sleeve. Jacket or no jacket, pants or dress, shorts or pants. Do I dress for warmth or just right. I've never had seasons in my life so I don't know myself how to figure out seasons, I just know what is hot or cold and my body reacts that way. I didn't know there were seasons here either, that's why I love the weather so much. I either am wearing long aleeve or short sleeve and half the time during summer the a/c gets too cold for me and I have to wear long sleeve, maybe that's why I enjoy going outside so much.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
Twiggs, I was kidding, I wouldn't get mad at your question, sorry about that.

I define the summer and winter by just two things. Short sleeve or long sleeve. Jacket or no jacket, pants or dress, shorts or pants. Do I dress for warmth or just right. I've never had seasons in my life so I don't know myself how to figure out seasons, I just know what is hot or cold and my body reacts that way. I didn't know there were seasons here either, that's why I love the weather so much. I either am wearing long aleeve or short sleeve and half the time during summer the a/c gets too cold for me and I have to wear long sleeve, maybe that's why I enjoy going outside so much.
Oh good, you never know on here anymore!
Yeah, you know since I had heat exhaustion 15 years ago the heat seems to get to me. Maybe it just freaked me out. lol
I like change though, I even like bad weather that people normally don't like. Go figure. When we have a tornado warning out here I run out side trying to see one. Even though it's probably just a baby one.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,199,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I have always felt this way. But I see it as Summer, fall, spring, no winter. I have never felt like we have winter here so fall and spring feel like winter but really they are like fall and spring everywhere else. I don't really ever feel seasons here. I only notice monsoon being different. I didn't realize people here felt like we had season change. How can one tell? I can never tell. In October and November it can be cooler one day and then back up to 100 on others. Same with April and May. It's been 75 on Christmas here more than once.. I have never felt like it was winter here at all. What feels like winter to you guys? I'm just curious. What temp does it have to get below to feel wintery? Please don't get mad at my question, I am really serious, not joking, just want to know what temp it feels cold to everyone?
Wash DC:

Flagstaff winters + Phx summers as for daytime high temps factoring in the much higher humidity in DC.

For me at least: 32F or under at night qualifies as 'wintery' with 55F or less for daytime highs.......note, I am referring to averages here. Globe/Kingman are representative Az towns.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM

687 posts, read 1,950,191 times
Quote:
March and April were very comfortable. Temps almost always in the 70s and 80s. Even the first half of May was nice and, when the temps did break 100 (and neared 110), we got some immediate relief with that freak 3 days in the 60s and 70s.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Wash DC:

Flagstaff winters + Phx summers as for daytime high temps factoring in the much higher humidity in DC.

For me at least: 32F or under at night qualifies as 'wintery' with 55F or less for daytime highs.......note, I am referring to averages here. Globe/Kingman are representative Az towns.
Oh yes, Kingman is cooler in the winter I bet. I was going to say it never reached those temps down here. At least not long enough for me to notice. lol

Old 07-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
March and April were very comfortable. Temps almost always in the 70s and 80s. Even the first half of May was nice and, when the temps did break 100 (and neared 110), we got some immediate relief with that freak 3 days in the 60s and 70s.
I loved that freak break! I got really hopeful about the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area