Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 PM

223 posts, read 596,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Are you truly serious about what you wrote above?

You think it's great that nice bushes and roses being killed off by the heat is a good thing?

Heat is good for a body? Heat is green and good for the ecology? Huh?

Yes oh yes, I believe you did go without air-conditioning in your house and cars because it sure sounds like the heat has affected your state of mind! You can't really be serious can you, naaah, not unless your mind is really altered or roasted from the heat you seem to love so much.

Lastly, Legoland sux!
I like his post! Well written, unusual take on the situation! If you can't beat it, embrace it!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 PM

116 posts, read 368,430 times
if anyone can stand it-living in phoenix desert,... im short-saleing my home for only $100000 in goodyear. my loss is your gain.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:42 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Are you truly serious about what you wrote above?

You think it's great that nice bushes and roses being killed off by the heat is a good thing?

Heat is good for a body? Heat is green and good for the ecology? Huh?

Yes oh yes, I believe you did go without air-conditioning in your house and cars because it sure sounds like the heat has affected your state of mind! You can't really be serious can you, naaah, not unless your mind is really altered or roasted from the heat you seem to love so much.

Lastly, Legoland sux!
Actually, rose bushes and nice bushes thrive in Phoenix, just add water, you know like you have to almost everywhere in the summer. So no, plants aren't dying by the heat. What a dumb comment.

Is the heat good for the body? Not for insanely prolonged periods of time. But is the cold good for the body? You can die in freezing temps in 30 minutes from just sitting down; it will take much, much longer to die in the heat from just sitting in it. Heat in Phoenix is green and good for the ecology since well, it is part of the natural ecology for millennia.

Many people do go without air in their homes because it gets to cold for them. In their cars because it saves money on gas, etc or because they don't like to whine or don't care to. Maybe they just have bigger...tolerances than you.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 PM

223 posts, read 596,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
For hot Szechuan/Sichuan, Try China Chili, near Indian School and 3rd Street north of Downtown:

http://www.chinachilirestaurant.com/

Not a chain like P.F. Changs or Flo's, Chinese owners, and waiters, good food.
Thanks for this - I'll give it a visit one night this week if I can!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 AM

430 posts, read 1,409,856 times
Default really?

heat is actually good for your body. The warmth suffuses your joints and tissues and makes your body feel limber and alive. Who needs to pay for a Bikram Yoga class in a sweaty, superheated parlor? Just step outside. Old joint injuries disappear. A water sprinkler turns every back yard into a child's water park. Physical love is a wonderful, slippery experience as your bodies slip and slide. Old people don't have to worry about slipping on an icy sidewalk and breaking their hip. Only heat stroke.

That is such bull. Actually humidity is better for the body, you wouldnt have dry cracking sinuses, nose bleeds so common here, seen so many kids with noses bleeding on the play grounds when I took my kid to school in the summer mornings, and no they didnt fall or get hurt. I have had them a few times and so has my husband, also your skin and hair wouldnt be so dry, most people have terrible looking feet here with really badly cracked heels, except the few who work hard at keeping thier feet looking decent with regular pedicures. Dry heat is bad for the bodys skin and membranes, dont say its good for you.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:12 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
Phoenix is great to some and sucks to others, as does every other place on this earth.

How can we live here? Well, most people on this site live inside..........lol As does everyone else addicted to the computer whom live everywhere else............lol

Hint to the wise: Everyone who is happy and livin isn't on the internet. Really, what is the difference living inside your house in Phoenix or San Fran? Not much but a view out the window.

You'll know I'm happy and living when I DON'T post on this site anymore.

AND YES AZKYLADY2...........I do hate how your feet get in Phoenix! How on earth do you get rid of the leather on your feet out here, it just starts to grow on there like wild fire. lol I file, lotion, sock them, buff them, etc.........comes back in a day! grrrr

Old 07-28-2009, 04:58 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,222 times
I've never been to either , but if I had a choice it would be Phoenix.
Tad bit too much gay ***** afoot in S.F.
But as they say to each their own.
Ignoramouses talk trash about CLT , too.
If you hate it so much , why move here in the first place just to make yourself and others miserable?????
Quoting B.A. Barakas 'I pity the fool'

Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Actually, rose bushes and nice bushes thrive in Phoenix, just add water, you know like you have to almost everywhere in the summer. So no, plants aren't dying by the heat. What a dumb comment.

Is the heat good for the body? Not for insanely prolonged periods of time. But is the cold good for the body? You can die in freezing temps in 30 minutes from just sitting down; it will take much, much longer to die in the heat from just sitting in it. Heat in Phoenix is green and good for the ecology since well, it is part of the natural ecology for millennia.

Many people do go without air in their homes because it gets to cold for them. In their cars because it saves money on gas, etc or because they don't like to whine or don't care to. Maybe they just have bigger...tolerances than you.
Arizona Mike was the one that made the dumb comment about roses and other plants dying in the heat. I was only reacting to his purely outrageous and ludacris remarks.

But I'm learning to not take guys like him - or you for that matter - very seriously.

Extremes, whether hot or cold, are not good for any living thing.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:08 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,516,977 times
"Actually humidity is better for the body...Dry heat is bad for the bodys skin and membranes, dont say its good for you."

The dry heat that is found here is better for those with arthritis. I have a family member who has arthritis and lived in a humid environment (Houston) and was so stiff in the mornings that this person could not hardly function for the first two hours of the day. Now this family member lives in the dry Arizona heat, and their arthritis is considerably less severe.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
heat is actually good for your body. The warmth suffuses your joints and tissues and makes your body feel limber and alive. Who needs to pay for a Bikram Yoga class in a sweaty, superheated parlor? Just step outside. Old joint injuries disappear. A water sprinkler turns every back yard into a child's water park. Physical love is a wonderful, slippery experience as your bodies slip and slide. Old people don't have to worry about slipping on an icy sidewalk and breaking their hip. Only heat stroke.

That is such bull. Actually humidity is better for the body, you wouldnt have dry cracking sinuses, nose bleeds so common here, seen so many kids with noses bleeding on the play grounds when I took my kid to school in the summer mornings, and no they didnt fall or get hurt. I have had them a few times and so has my husband, also your skin and hair wouldnt be so dry, most people have terrible looking feet here with really badly cracked heels, except the few who work hard at keeping thier feet looking decent with regular pedicures. Dry heat is bad for the bodys skin and membranes, dont say its good for you.
That depends on the individual person.

Myself; I have trouble breathing where the ambient temp is 80F+ and the humidity is high-------think Wash DC.

As for the dry skin/hair factor: despite my having a Nordic white complexion-------my skin is actually rather oily. Yes; I have greasy hair after a couple of days (one day in the summer).

And the cold makes me feel physically ill overall.

Bettr our 100F @ 10% humidity heat than that average 40F crap back east in the middle of the day wintertime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area