Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 PM

101 posts, read 218,513 times

Advertisements

Hmm...

I wonder how accurate the Pittsbugh Parking Chair Map is?

PghParkingChair.jpg (image)

Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
I could actually use some new furniture for my back porch. Methinks I should drive around in my trusty Mazda and snatch up those chairs people are just leaving by the curb!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 PM

10 posts, read 15,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
You'd get less hell in Pittsburgh wearing a Packers shirt than you would wearing a Browns, Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, Raiders, Cowboys, Eagles, or even a Seahawks shirt.
Fully agreed.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM

10 posts, read 15,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I could actually use some new furniture for my back porch. Methinks I should drive around in my trusty Mazda and snatch up those chairs people are just leaving by the curb!
Now you are playing with fire...

Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drescherjm View Post
Now you are playing with fire...
Yep, that's when the shotguns come out.

Doesn't he realize he's in Appalachia?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,943 times
I've met my fair share of Pittsburghers and I have lived not to far from Pittsburgh my whole life. I'd hate to part from here, my whole life has been growing up in PA. But it just all depends on the personality of person. Most people are very friendly but some can be idiots.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Do you think people like myself, who will remove your ILLEGALLY placed chair, aren't observant enough to not notice which house its sitting in front of? Which do you think is more expensive to fix: damage to a car or damage to your home? As a homeowner myself let me tell you that the person living in the structure has exponentially more to lose. If you're renting its going to **** your landlord off when he has to replace a broken window in the middle of the winter, IF he feels like replacing it quickly in the first place.

Unless there's a pile of snow and you spent hours digging your spot out, you need to quit being lazy and deal with the parking situation like everyone else on your block. If you're physically challenged have the city put a handicapped spot in front of your place. If one of my lazy former neighbors can arrange to get one I'm sure that you can too.
This attitude is why everyone loves transplants.
They move to an area and get all ticked off that an area is how it is.

Too bad you can't respect others. Why can't YOU park down the road, are you too lazy? Do you think it's you right to steal someone else's hard work?
Pittsburgh is set up like many European cities, close quarters. You learn to respect that and those who live around you.

Last edited by chielgirl; 05-02-2011 at 10:26 PM..

Old 05-03-2011, 05:12 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,720,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This attitude is why everyone loves transplants.
They move to an area and get all ticked off that an area is how it is.

Too bad you can't respect others. Why can't YOU park down the road, are you too lazy? Do you think it's you right to steal someone else's hard work?
Pittsburgh is set up like many European cities, close quarters. You learn to respect that and those who live around you.
Then there's the people that were born here and recognize that "the chair" and the Pittsburgh Left are two illegal things that should not be tolerated. It makes the population of the city look like buffoons if we support illegal behavior as a whole, no matter if it's "part of the culture".

I spent some time going to school in Limerick, Ireland. Limerick's nickname was "Stab City" due to a series of stabbings in the 1980's. At no point did I hear, "hey, screw you, stabbing one another is part of our local culture, if you don't like it get out!"

Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
....also, people need to learn how to RESPECT THE CHAIR!

Unless you don't want your car to be egg'd (and trust me when I tell you, that's the minimal punishment on my street), you should RESPECT THE CHAIR!
Or people in this city could not act like white trash by egging cars because they had to walk a block. What part of 'public street' is hard to understand?

If people care about having private parking so much, why the hell did they ever live in a house with on-street parking? Don't inconvenience other people because you didn't think that one through.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
... I'd love to hear one of the anti-chair contingent make a reasonable justification for depriving a neighbor of the fruits of their physical labor in clearing the snow from a given parking space, or convince me that when you move the chair and park there, that isn't exactly what you've done.
<sound of crickets chirping>.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh