Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think Pghers like more and would vote for?
RON PAUL, we need some serious real change! 11 26.83%
Mitt Romney, I think he represents us well and I will vote for him! 4 9.76%
I am voting for my dog or just will not vote! 4 9.76%
I am afraid I will have to vote for Obama again! 22 53.66%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:18 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,721,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
This forum is to clannish and cliquish for me too with too many people with their heads up their ass.
But.... that's a microcosm of the city as a whole!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 06:25 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,095,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Out of all the American citizens, it's mindboggling that the Republican party can't find better presidential candidates for "Pittsburghers" to consider.
Hey, it could be worse. Donald Trump, anyone?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 AM

659 posts, read 1,146,309 times
Sealtite, you are absolutely correct, sadly.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,029,222 times
For what it is worth, I think everyone with an interest in Pittsburgh should be welcome in this forum, regardless of where they live.

And I don't want to speak for Hopes, but I don't think the intent of that post was to make people not living in Pittsburgh feel unwelcome in this forum. In my view, it is reasonable to look at the subset of poll participants who live in the region, if you are interested in getting some sense of what people living in the region are thinking about the upcoming presidential election. That doesn't mean the views of others on that subject are invalid or unimportant, just not directly relevant to that specific question (which is the nominal topic of this thread).

Old 12-15-2011, 07:56 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,095,161 times
I agree the poll is most interesting if it's only be for those who live in the Pittsburgh metro area. Those of us who don't live in Pittsburgh can post a comment.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 AM

I think this forum is very welcoming of people who are interested in the area but don't actually live here. But then there are weirdos who make all these wild assumptions about our transit and such who live in NYC.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
For what it is worth, I think everyone with an interest in Pittsburgh should be welcome in this forum, regardless of where they live.
Seconded. I actually wish more members from outside of Metro Pittsburgh would participate on our sub-forum to help broaden our horizons a bit on different issues. I believe MathmanMathman is from Atlanta, but if I'm not mistaken he has Pittsburgh connections. Caladium is from NoVA, but I believe she was friends with a couple who was considering Pittsburgh as a retirement destination. From time to time I poke my nose into city sub-forums for places I've long been intrigued by or inquisitive about, and I feel as if asking questions about areas you're unfamiliar with is the entire original point of City-Data.

It seems as if this sub-forum revolves around we locals discussing economic development issues and whatnot, and to be honest it's rare we really get to help any prospective newcomers anymore. I think part of the reason for that is that now many new members are utilizing the search function more and are already finding their questions have been addressed in prior threads. I see out-of-state license plates here on a daily basis, so at least I get that "tingly" feeling inside knowing that we're on the radar as a relocation destination for people; if those people made their presence known on this sub-forum more, though, I'd feel much more comfortable.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
It's too bad we can't go back to 2008 and get everyone to vote for Hillary.

I was a Hillary supporter 100% in '08 - oh how I long to go back to those Clinton Years! It's so hard to believe now that things were so good back then, the only thing that the Republicans could come up with during that time was to pick on Hillary for her " bad hair".

I'm having trouble being patient about going through the process of such a slow and painful economic recovery , but in fairness to Obama and for those who said he duped us, I remember very clearly during Obama's campaign when he said " this is the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression, and ( recovery) won't be easy nor quick"

Obama did not lie about nor making false promises re the economy.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 AM

My problem with Obama goes beyond the economy.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
I don't agree fully here...however we will not have an happy ending no matter who is allowed to be elected ...so enjoy the good times, while you still can.
I agree with you 100% ^,It's not my nature to be a pessimist but realistically I know we will never have a full economic recovery and be able to enjoy the low pre recession unemployment rates that we once had.

Our economy suffered such a severe stroke that it has left some areas of the economy permanently weakened and debilitated with no hope of ever achieving 100% restoration back to its' pre recession quality. Our wages will no longer keep up with the rate of inflation.We will permanently have to pay more while receiving less, and will probably look back on today remembering how good things were!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh