Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 08:30 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Not saying they're going to the Super Bowl (well maybe if Ben didn't get hurt!), but they should be favored in 5 out of their last 7 games, including the next 4. Not saying they are going to win all of those and finish 10-6, but they should be in the hunt for one of the two wild card spots in the AFC at least.
Absolutely. They have the easiest schedule in the league the rest of the season and that’s going back 2 games.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
now who is even saying that??? no one.

the offense will improve. we may get some surprisingly hot performances in the coming weeks.

its been an entertaining season up to now.
You obviously don’t listen to sports talk radio. The callers are very entertaining.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team
The offense is just bad and will stay in the bottom of the league.

Extremely entertaining, especially the defense.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:59 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You obviously don’t listen to sports talk radio. The callers are very entertaining.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team
The offense is just bad and will stay in the bottom of the league.

Extremely entertaining, especially the defense.

i do listen, but not the call - in show with Charlie Batch. i suffer through pompeani and hoak because, well, i dont know.

are the callers really talking super bowl? hysterical.....this is their religion, i guess.

i mean, it COULD certainly happen, but to discuss IT when we have to face Baltimore, who scored 100 points again.....

Old 11-11-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
i do listen, but not the call - in show with Charlie Batch. i suffer through pompeani and hoak because, well, i dont know.

are the callers really talking super bowl? hysterical.....this is their religion, i guess.

i mean, it COULD certainly happen, but to discuss IT when we have to face Baltimore, who scored 100 points again.....
I like Charlie Batch, but I can’t stand listening to him. Pompeani has an extreme talent of avoiding making predictions and/or saying anything that will disrupt his audience. Don’t think I’ve ever listened to Hoak.

They are indeed talking SB, and they’re extremely serious, and hilarious to listen to.

It can’t happen. The offense can’t improve enough and we were very lucky to avoid the pass interference penalty in the end zone to beat the Rams. That won’t keep happening.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-11-2019 at 09:17 AM..

Old 11-11-2019, 10:02 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
I like Charlie Batch, but I can’t stand listening to him. Pompeani has an extreme talent of avoiding making predictions and/or saying anything that will disrupt his audience. Don’t think I’ve ever listened to Hoak.

They are indeed talking SB, and they’re extremely serious, and hilarious to listen to.

It can’t happen. The offense can’t improve enough and we were very lucky to avoid the pass interference penalty in the end zone to beat the Rams. That won’t keep happening.
the announcer (i didnt enjoy them, by the way, especially the one with that canadian accent) said he had no problem with that. One guy on NBC's team (pre-night game show) said the same.

i would have called that pass interference, but then i block out all talk on what is/isnt anymore. the rams could have challenged that, couldnt they?

Old 11-11-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
the announcer (i didnt enjoy them, by the way, especially the one with that canadian accent) said he had no problem with that. One guy on NBC's team (pre-night game show) said the same.

i would have called that pass interference, but then i block out all talk on what is/isnt anymore. the rams could have challenged that, couldnt they?
Even the former referee who is part of the broadcast said it was pass interference.

They couldn’t challenge it because it was inside of 2 minutes. With the amount of pass interference challenges that are being challenged, almost every one of them is being upheld. The league had to do something after the Saints got totally robbed and kept them from getting to the SB, so they made pass interference challenges a 1 year experiment, but it doesn’t look like the league is taking it seriously.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:47 AM

2,269 posts, read 3,801,854 times
Quote:
Even the former referee who is part of the broadcast said it was pass interference.

They couldn’t challenge it because it was inside of 2 minutes. With the amount of pass interference challenges that are being challenged, almost every one of them is being upheld. The league had to do something after the Saints got totally robbed and kept them from getting to the SB, so they made pass interference challenges a 1 year experiment, but it doesn’t look like the league is taking it seriously.
It basically has to be egregious, which actually I have no problem with. It should have to be beyond a shadow of a doubt to overturn. Early in the season, the Steelers had a very ticky tacky reversal go against them. They're not reversing calls like that anymore.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
It basically has to be egregious, which actually I have no problem with. It should have to be beyond a shadow of a doubt to overturn. Early in the season, the Steelers had a very ticky tacky reversal go against them. They're not reversing calls like that anymore.
There’s been blatant instances that don’t get called/reversed on both the offensive and defensive side of pass interference. Imo, the NFL had to open a can of worms with the blatant Saints non call, and now they’re trying to put the worms back in the can, especially since it’s only a 1 year experiment.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:46 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Once we get future Hall of Famer James Connor back in the lineup, it's SuperBowl time!!!

Old 11-11-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Once we get future Hall of Famer James Connor back in the lineup, it's SuperBowl time!!!
As funny as that is, many believe, and have convinced themselves he’s a future Hall of Famer/could take us to the Super Bowl. It’s when the Bell stats on the Jets arguments are used instead of Bell’s stats on the Stiller’s are used, along with “he’s a great receiver”, is when you can tell his Pitt history, great story, and “he’s cheaper” excuses aren’t cutting it anymore.

Last edited by erieguy; 11-11-2019 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh