Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 10:04 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,854 times

Advertisements

apparently major retailers and insurers are expecting more vandalism and looting

U.S. retailers secure stores as worries about election unrest mount

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27618Z

"Aon Plc AON.N, the world's largest insurance broker, told Reuters the majority of retailer clients it surveyed are considering boarding up stores because they are worried about looting around the election."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 12:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
apparently major retailers and insurers are expecting more vandalism and looting

U.S. retailers secure stores as worries about election unrest mount

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27618Z

"Aon Plc AON.N, the world's largest insurance broker, told Reuters the majority of retailer clients it surveyed are considering boarding up stores because they are worried about looting around the election."
No surprise. Dems/libs been doing that for months. Their answer is “burn it down”, so they’ll just take it up a notch.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:24 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
I mean to be fair there's just as much of a possibility of unrest emanating from the right-wing as well. With the majority of Republicans voting in person and the majority of Democrats voting via mail-in ballot, it will be very likely President Trump will win on 11/03. Once all of those mail-in ballots are counted? Joe Biden might eke it out on 11/06. President Trump will then Tweet about "voter fraud", his followers will eat it up, and there won't be a peaceful transition of power.

Are Republicans likely to torch police cars and loot small businesses and Targets if Joe Biden wins? Probably not. It's not impossible, though.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I mean to be fair there's just as much of a possibility of unrest emanating from the right-wing as well. With the majority of Republicans voting in person and the majority of Democrats voting via mail-in ballot, it will be very likely President Trump will win on 11/03. Once all of those mail-in ballots are counted? Joe Biden might eke it out on 11/06. President Trump will then Tweet about "voter fraud", his followers will eat it up, and there won't be a peaceful transition of power.

Are Republicans likely to torch police cars and loot small businesses and Targets if Joe Biden wins? Probably not. It's not impossible, though.
Dems are already prepared to cry “voter fraud”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1238156

Republicans have proven not to be the cowards who loot, cause violence, “burn it down”, etc... like their counterparts when something happens that they don’t like.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:32 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

I think we can use the word "patriotism" as our example. In the left US, "patriotism" is derogatory. In the right US "patriotism" is a complement. Therefore, the right won't burn cities to the ground, nor will they steal stuff like the left is known for.

I suspect Biden to win and there will be grumblings. He will get in office and do nothing as expected. 4 years later everything is still the same old same old and people will go nuts over the dumb election again for no apparent reason.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:30 PM

85 posts, read 83,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dems are already prepared to cry “voter fraud”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1238156

Republicans have proven not to be the cowards who loot, cause violence, “burn it down”, etc... like their counterparts when something happens that they don’t like.
Firstly, it won't matter who wins, especially if it's close, the loser will want a recount guaranteed with how this election will be structured due to mail-in ballots. Although I don't think Supreme Leader Apprentice Star will lose, I find the notion of him contesting the ballots in the event he loses hilarious since if he wins him and his conservative circlejerk will immediately dismiss the possibility of voter fraud or error due to mail-in ballots but if he loses you can bet they'll be calling for it before the day is even up.

Secondly, it doesn't matter which party you're talking about, both do dumb things and I say that as an independent. Either side thinking their party handles civil unrest better is laughable and just shows how close-minded and out of touch they are with reality.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellic View Post
Firstly, it won't matter who wins, especially if it's close, the loser will want a recount guaranteed with how this election will be structured due to mail-in ballots. Although I don't think Supreme Leader Apprentice Star will lose, I find the notion of him contesting the ballots in the event he loses hilarious since if he wins him and his conservative circlejerk will immediately dismiss the possibility of voter fraud or error due to mail-in ballots but if he loses you can bet they'll be calling for it before the day is even up.

Secondly, it doesn't matter which party you're talking about, both do dumb things and I say that as an independent. Either side thinking their party handles civil unrest better is laughable and just shows how close-minded and out of touch they are with reality.
Already said neither side will concede.

I always love the reality star references. It proves just how ridiculous the Dems were to make H his opponent. Couldn’t even beat a reality tv star, lol.

Yep, both do dumb things, however, the right isn’t out looting, protesting, causing violence, etc..., but I do like watching the videos of them when they’re challenged and/or it goes wrong for them.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:39 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
I still think the country is going to go into a nationwide lockdown after the election.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I still think the country is going to go into a nationwide lockdown after the election.
Of course you do, except it’s not a doomsday virus.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-28-2020 at 04:52 PM..

Old 10-28-2020, 07:22 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Due to the left. The right doesn't want lock downs and just wants to work and be proud Americans. The difference in the new left and the right is wild. I am glad I move over to the right. I love my country. We are so lucky on so many levels. I can't possibly align with the negative people on the left. They have gone nuts due to the massive media campaign against Trump. Never saw anything like that in my life! People are so easily led. Wild stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh