Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,705,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1234 View Post
That is another CON about the city, if you happen to have an opinion that doesn't mesh then they attack you. We have lived all over the country - Pittsburgh is full of mean and rude people who are narcissistic. We won't even wear our real football team colors around town because we have been insulted so many times. Pittsburgh is a town full of close-minded haters.
Oh get lost, somewhere where there is no internet connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truman325 View Post
In Columbus I could travel to 3 different Target stores that were all within 5 miles or less. .
Isn't there a target going in east liberty? I'd think one target in five miles might be adequate.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
Everybody calm down and talk about the topic, not each other. Prove someone wrong instead of attacking him.
Yac.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:11 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,705,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Isn't there a target going in east liberty? I'd think one target in five miles might be adequate.
There's supposed to be, there is a giant high rise that is vacant on Penn Ave, but we have not seen any kind of work beginning at all.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM

994 posts, read 901,454 times
Since the East Liberty area under development was brought up, does anyone know why the second Giant Eagle near Trader Joes is still there when the new Market District Giant Eagle recently opened nearby? I figured that old GE could be a possible site for Target.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:08 PM

14 posts, read 25,172 times
Why live in Pittsburgh?
1. Exceptional housing values in a city whose market never got overheated. For what it would cost to live like a pauper in Boston, one can almost live like a king in Pittsburgh.
2. Vibrant arts scene (dance, music, theater, visual) .
3. Major league sports (of course).
4. Superb hospitals
5. It is a surprisingly beautiful city.
Why not live in Pittburgh?
1. Terrible weather.
2. The city's revitalization is still a work in progress.
3. Less than outstanding nightlife.
4. It is a small city and ,after a while, it feels that way too.
5. National perception has still not caught up to the reality.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM

137 posts, read 354,183 times
This place will be nice in about 10 to 15 years if they keep on working on it. But the machine here is very strong and it usually destroys any effort. UPMCs Luke Ravinstal is putting all our eggs in one basket just like J&Ls Davy Lawrence did........

I've lived here (in the city) my whole life since 1957 and I run my own business. I'd go elsewere, this is one tough town to make it in.....

As far as most livable city, do you believe everything a used car salesman tells you...... If you do, P-M me, I have a nice bridge for sale...

Last edited by Pitts64; 05-01-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 05-01-2009, 09:57 PM

439 posts, read 1,475,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitts64 View Post
This place will be nice in about 10 to 15 years if they keep on working on it. But the machine here is very strong and it usually destroys any effort. UPMCs Luke Ravinstal is putting all our eggs in one basket just like J&Ls Davy Lawrence did........

I've lived here (in the city) my whole life since 1957 and I run my own business. I'd go elsewere, this is one tough town to make it in.....

As far as most livable city, do you believe everything a used car salesman tells you...... If you do, P-M me, I have a nice bridge for sale...
Wow, this post sure has changed since I read it the first time

Old 05-02-2009, 06:59 AM

137 posts, read 354,183 times
I'm trying to mellow out a little more in my old age....

Old 05-02-2009, 08:03 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewGuy View Post
Since the East Liberty area under development was brought up, does anyone know why the second Giant Eagle near Trader Joes is still there when the new Market District Giant Eagle recently opened nearby? I figured that old GE could be a possible site for Target.
They still must get a great deal of business. I thought once they opened that Shop N Save, which is now CLOSED, that used to be across the street in that plaza where Trader Joe's is now, that Giant Eagle Shakespeare would eventually close, but nope, it survived all of that and is still standing, so they must still be getting very strong business. I've noticed that most of that Giant Eagle's clientele comes from East End inner city neighborhoods who don't have vehicles. There's a bus shelter, on Penn Avenue, right outside that Plaza and if you drive by it, all you see are bunches of people standing there, waiting on the bus, with tons of plastic blue Giant Eagle bags. That is also where a lot of Jitney Drivers go to make MONEY. You don't see Jitney Drivers congregating down at the Market District Giant Eagle on Centre Avenue all like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh