Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePeople View Post
Our "lead of Change" has a singular issue that can devastate our oceans and the POS sits on his hands and continues to play politician.
So just to be sure we're all on the same page...you place the blame on the President, but not British Petroleum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
What's up with the Coast Guard stopping Bobby Jindal's use of the barges that were being used to vacuum the oil. Story here.

Sounds like the Feds are trying to make the situation worse. I'm with the OP about remembering this fiasco in November.
I'm sure this kind of thing is really common, like during the peak of the shrimping season they ban all shrimp boats from operating until they can contact all the owners, and then make sure everyone has a proper life preserver.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
It's been interesting to me to read/hear all the comments from elected officials and others who are generally quite strident in favoring small government now calling for the federal government to "do something."
Protecting the nation is indeed the job of the federal government
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Are you confused or what? I'd really like to hear your explanation as to how any of this is Obama's fault? Do you want him to pull off his suit and transform into superman and swim down and plug the hole with a giant bolder?
Are you really this ignorant? You dont understand that the CLEANUP, is the responsibility of the federal government?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePeople View Post
Go shoot some hoops Barack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You ought to be ashamed for this remark that smacks of racial bias.
So now only black people shoot hoops..

Old 06-21-2010, 07:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
So just to be sure we're all on the same page...you place the blame on the President, but not British Petroleum?
Some people will never get it..
BP is responsible for THE LEAK..
The government is responsible FOR THE CLEANUP..

Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 AM

23,568 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Default Obama & Rham play golf, Tony attends a yacht race.

Senator Obama proclaims, 'no offshore oil drilling'

2009 Obama makes a loan worth billions to Brazil's Petrobras for offshore oil exploration and drilling

2009 - "Elizabeth Birnbaum, chosen 10 months ago by the Obama administration to direct that agency, resigned Thursday".

2010 Obama opens the way for offshore drilling, except the EPA red tape and restricted drilling areas make that proclamation largely symbolic

2010 - the great oil spill occurs
Obama has no contact with BP's Tony Hayward for almost 50 days
The oil rig which blew up was inspected by the Feds the week before and the contents of that safety inspection are still unavailable to legislators. No news media coverage.

Not Obama - the EPA forced BP to drill in deep water and had to approve BP's plan.

The gulf is bleeding and lap dog Eric Holder arrives to threaten a lawsuit!!!!! Nocks BP's stock in the toilet to threaten the viability of BP's existence when what we need is a viable BP to pay off the damage.

Obama's news media deferred seeking the cause of the explosion, guess they are waiting to recover the black box. Biased news media take advantage of BP's head referring to the 'little people' as a result of linguistics to politically embellish the specter of a villain. FOX included here. That was especially disgusting. Hang a man for his crime not for screwing the sheriff's wife.

Obama appoints a commission consisting of global warming and cap and trade shills who have no oil industry experience to direct the future of oil drilling.

Obama proclaims he will study the situation so he can "find an ass to kick". What's the update on PO's search for a piece of a** ????

Jones act temporarily suspended after Katrina is still in force despite worldwide offers of help.

Hundreds of small scale innovators willing to have a go at the spill are held at bay while the the PO administration pontificates a cleanup solution.

Obama and Rham play golf, while Tony attends a yacht race.

Your right Obama is faultless in the disaster as he has done nothing but offer platitudes, posture and play golf.

"Adversity does not build character, it reveals it"

Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Some people will never get it..
BP is responsible for THE LEAK..
The government is responsible FOR THE CLEANUP..
Well then I revel in my inability to "get it." I can see some government participation, but I cannot see where the actual responsibility does not involve British Petroleum. By that logic, corporations aren't responsible for any damage they do. They can traipse around, polluting the planet in ways we haven't even begun to imagine yet...and the government will be responsible for taking care of the mess?

Tell me that's what you meant. Go ahead, tell me.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
When Katrina happened, all I heard from Republicans is that people shouldn't be so dependent upon the government to help them out. Republican= less government / less dependency on the government.
So here we are with the gulf spill and all I hear from Republicans is where is the government action!
I'm so confused as what Republicans really want!
Is it less government involvement or more?
YOU'RE confused...heck, just look at some of these Repug's posts, Talk about CONfused!!!..they are spinning so fast to try to exonerate BP and lay the entire blame on Obama they're going to melt in this heat.

They don't think BP should be made to pay for the damages THEY caused.

They don't like to pay taxes and can't imagine why taxes should be raised and cry like spoiled two year olds if they have to pay a penny more.

BUT if you ask them just where the money for this disaster is supposed to come from the dopes don't have an answer!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Well then I revel in my inability to "get it." I can see some government participation, but I cannot see where the actual responsibility does not involve British Petroleum. By that logic, corporations aren't responsible for any damage they do. They can traipse around, polluting the planet in ways we haven't even begun to imagine yet...and the government will be responsible for taking care of the mess?

Tell me that's what you meant. Go ahead, tell me.
Gee, did anyone tell you yet?

Ya, I couldn't get any ideas from the Repugs on who they think should pay , either....

Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM

LOL! Repugs just don't KNOW where the money would come from....maybe they can pull it out of their elimination appartus....but they really don't care if the coast and it's people and environment are helped. ....have they ever???

That's OK, I'm ready for more DEAD SILENCE from repugs on where the money should come from...as usual, like their leaders, they only wish to OBSTRUCT not help.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,490,103 times
Yes, let's blame Obama & not ourselves for continuing to suck on the oil teet. Good plan!

Does everything with you people have to be about Dems or Reps & which one we should blame for what problems. Seriously, take a look in a fu*king mirror once in a while & take some responsibility for yourselves.

Do you have 2 or 3 cars? Do you live out in the suburbs & have to commute everywhere?? Do you think only hippies ride bikes, walk, etc to places??? Then you're the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies