Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is the scary part. And it doesn't matter if you are involved or not. Just being anyplace at the wrong time could be your death sentence.
Has anyone heard a single person who lives on or near the border that thinks things are under control there? You have to wonder why the Feds are not getting more involved and securing the border and driving out, arresting, or killing the drug cartel people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 04:30 PM

202 posts, read 187,386 times
We are 18 miles from the border..and it has not improved...actually worse because the drug smugglers have become more aggressive....we already lost a border patrol agent in Campo,Ca last year..he was executed on our side of the border..by that i mean he was jumped,disarmed,and shot.

I'll admit...Arizonas issues are far more serious,but the threat remains...

Old 07-03-2010, 09:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Has anyone heard a single person who lives on or near the border that thinks things are under control there? You have to wonder why the Feds are not getting more involved and securing the border and driving out, arresting, or killing the drug cartel people.
There are the crime statistics and the testimony of border city law enforcement that it has stayed the same or gotten better.

On the other side there is the shoot up that got the El Paso City Hall. Then again when bullets come over the border what do you do? Return it with fire power and kill the Mexican police and civilians? Invade? They might well surrender... then what...

Seize the border area? Then we have to police it which gets cops killed.

Not many good choices on this stuff.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
The latest is that the shots were aimed at a Blackhawk helicopter in and around the City County Building. Who knows? What I know is that the Mexican drug cartels are already living here in our city. Their kids go to school here and they do their best to blend in so as not to attract attention. We have got to start protecting our borders.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 07-03-2010 at 09:56 PM..

Old 07-03-2010, 11:21 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well oz, I spent several years in the militray. You are from Australia right? Do they even have an army?

I know that you hate government agents. But I trust their reports more than any NRA/wingnut websites.
After reading this ... you really shouldn't use the term wingnut unless you're referring to yourself .. for which I shall elaborate.

Quote:
Maybe...just maybe oz...they get a small percent of their weapons from overseas. But this does not discount they get almost all from the United States. Both statements can be true. IM me if you need further clarification...
You have no idea where the drug cartels are getting their weapons from. But it's safe to say that RPGs and fully automatic weapons which these groups possess are not being acquired from dealers or gun shows in the US. These ridiculous claims are part of the propaganda targeted to restrict guns for the American people.

Now, if you want to discuss the legitimate possibility that the US government is supplying these weapons, I think you could make a strong case, since the US Gov't is the NUMERO UNO weapons supplier in the world and has been for a very long time. But this has nothing whatsoever to do with Joe Blow gun dealer in the US.

Quote:
Is it your position then that no weapons are crossing the border south?
We don't have a southbound issue ... it's the northbound issue that is a problem. Stop the Northbound traffic and the southbound issue will me moot.

Quote:
But even as the crackdown on the cartels continues south of the border, it’s clear to authorities in both Washington and Mexico City that stemming the flow of guns starts in the U.S., where an estimated 95 percent of those illegal weapons originate.

Just as the U.S. has failed to halt the northward flow of drugs and migrants, Mexico has been unable to stem the southward flow of guns and money. At this point, two thousand miles of shared border, thousands of daily border crossings and millions of tons of moving freight are providing unlimited—and largely unregulated—opportunities for smugglers.

The US CONTROLS THE DRUG TRADE ... anyone busted are free lancers wanting to circumvent the primary cartel ... (CIA/DEA).

Quote:
Although few in the government want to talk about it, corruption also plays a role—in part because of the enormous amount of money generated by illegal drug purchases in the U.S.
Ya think? Guess what, genius, the drug business is the bankers wet dream. The flow of cash being laundered by the likes of Bank of America is a documented reality.

Quote:
According to a report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the drugs that flow across the U.S.-Mexico border generate as much as $23 billion in revenue every year (PDF).
Quote:

“Make no mistake about it: U.S. firearms are fueling a drug war.”
– Bill Newell, a Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) special agent

Guns Without Borders | FLYP
Make no mistake about it, they should know the exact figures, because the DEA and the ATF are the most corrupt, lawless organizations in existence. They make the IRS look like boy scouts. And they ARE THE DRUG CARTEL ... everyone else are just interlopers.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-04-2010 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-04-2010, 01:51 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
After seeing them you might ask what Obama plans to do to fix the problem.
Sweetie, Obama is busy...taking a nap. There's an article in the Rollingstones magazine that clarifies this.

You know of the saying, 'if you want something done and you want it done right, you do it yourself.' Well, there ya go. We can't get good help these days.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:11 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There are the crime statistics and the testimony of border city law enforcement that it has stayed the same or gotten better.

On the other side there is the shoot up that got the El Paso City Hall. Then again when bullets come over the border what do you do? Return it with fire power and kill the Mexican police and civilians? Invade? They might well surrender... then what...

Seize the border area? Then we have to police it which gets cops killed.

Not many good choices on this stuff.
Send our military to assist in the troubled areas of Mexico like we send them to other countries?
Could we do that?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:03 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
"Where was our news media (http://www.fusionfx.net/index.php/2010/06/30/look-what-they-found-near-the-texas-and-mexico-border/ - broken link)? Where was our president and congress? Why does the official move from Washington go against American private citizens and their guns, and not an all out war against the drug cartels using fully automatic military weapons, hand grenades, launchers and machine-guns? Why is the president pushing for an international gun law that will bring registration and finally gun control to we American citizens? Who is for free and lawful American citizens? Where are our statesmen? Where are our patriots and where are champions for the Constitution and freedom and safety of American citizens?"

You will need to scroll down the page at the link to see the pictures. After seeing them you might ask what Obama plans to do to fix the problem.
I didn't read this whole thread, but I'm just going to make an observation and ask a question. Who are the troops in the pics? The link didn't say, but, they are certainly NOT US personnel. I have never seen any of our guys carrying HK G3's as a primary weapon. Mexico does, however, so that begs the question: this is , supposedly on OUR side of the border?. I have my doubts about that.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:44 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I didn't read this whole thread, but I'm just going to make an observation and ask a question. Who are the troops in the pics? The link didn't say, but, they are certainly NOT US personnel. I have never seen any of our guys carrying HK G3's as a primary weapon. Mexico does, however, so that begs the question: this is , supposedly on OUR side of the border?. I have my doubts about that.
And that's what you get when you don't read the thread and start supposing.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:27 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The pictures in question were taken 140 miles south of the border, near Montrerrey, Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies