Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times

Advertisements

The Ecuadorian sub shed a whole new light on national security as well as the drug picture. But, America's complacency regarding the organizational skills of the cartels will be a major problem in the near future. Once Darwin's theory runs its course among the cartels in Mexico, the running battles most likely will be in the streets of America's largest distribution hubs as the cartels battle the local drug traffickers here.

The cartels are well organized and well armed in the States, but are presently using Mexico as the battleground because the have less resistance there than they would in the states. Once the alpha dog of the cartels emerges, the solidification of power will begin north of the border.

Crime Time: Drug gang leader says he ordered hit on U.S. consulate worker

Crime Time: Gun battle between Mexican gangs near U.S. border leaves 21 dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
"Where was our news media (http://www.fusionfx.net/index.php/2010/06/30/look-what-they-found-near-the-texas-and-mexico-border/ - broken link)? Where was our president and congress? Why does the official move from Washington go against American private citizens and their guns, and not an all out war against the drug cartels using fully automatic military weapons, hand grenades, launchers and machine-guns? Why is the president pushing for an international gun law that will bring registration and finally gun control to we American citizens? Who is for free and lawful American citizens? Where are our statesmen? Where are our patriots and where are champions for the Constitution and freedom and safety of American citizens?"

You will need to scroll down the page at the link to see the pictures. After seeing them you might ask what Obama plans to do to fix the problem.
A couple of questions come to mind:

1) How do we know that these weapons belong to who the article says they do?

2) If they do, then why are our gun registration laws so lax as to permit them to buy them? Someone had to have them to sell. Where did they get them? Or did they not buy them in the U.S.? If they didn't get them here, then what do you think President Obama and Congress should (or can) do about the sale of weapons in another country?

3) How comre the only place these pictures can be found is on a Tea Party affiliated website? Are they actually arms belonging to the disgruntled TP "patriots" who are planning to over throw the government?

I won't believe a whole lot of what they want me to without a few answers. I'm not as stupid as the people who frequent such blogs looking for things to reinforce their preconceived notions.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:12 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am surprised the cartels don't actually buy a real submarine,there are enough nations that would do this...especially for the $$$ the cartels can offer.
How do we know they haven't? How long did it take for the Feds to make it public that Israel has nukes? I'm sure the cartels have a LOT of stuff we the people don't know about. Including connections within our own government. Money talks.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

2) If they do, then why are our gun registration laws so lax as to permit them to buy them? Someone had to have them to sell. Where did they get them? Or did they not buy them in the U.S.? If they didn't get them here, then what do you think President Obama and Congress should (or can) do about the sale of weapons in another country?

3) How comre the only place these pictures can be found is on a Tea Party affiliated website? Are they actually arms belonging to the disgruntled TP "patriots" who are planning to over throw the government?

I won't believe a whole lot of what they want me to without a few answers. I'm not as stupid as the people who frequent such blogs looking for things to reinforce their preconceived notions.
Yeah, it's all made up, photoshoped, sensationalized, there are no border problems, killings, shootings, drug cartels, smuggling, illegals, it's all just imagination, now go back to sleep.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Yeah, it's all made up, photoshoped, sensationalized, there are no border problems, killings, shootings, drug cartels, smuggling, illegals, it's all just imagination, now go back to sleep.
Give a credible source and I might believe it. Are there any local news stories that covered it?

Those pictures could have been taken almost anywhere in the world. How do we know that the pix didn't come from Africa somewhere? There really are not that many arms there. A lot for a gang, maybe, but not nearly enough for even a medium-sized paramilitary group.

Back in the 60s there was a guy from Chicago who amassed a lot more stuff than that and had it in a house in San Francisco and in a couple of rented warehouses. His name was Bill Thoresen, and there is a book about it written by his wife Louise called "It gave Us All Something To Do". Your library may have it. It has pictures of the stuff he bought, and a LOT of it was bigger stuff than this little stash on the Tea Party blog.

Try harder or you're not very convincing.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,656 times
Quote:

Those weapons appear to be standard Mexican Army issue so my guess is the corrupt police and military are selling the weapons to the cartels. While only a guess, it's far more rational than the flight of fancy you're cooking up.

Quote:
I typed two words: "Higueras" and "weapons" and got over 60,000 hits. I'm sure you'll claim they are all from Tea Party affiliated sites.

Quote:
I suspect that no amount of actual facts could dissuade you from your belief system.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post

I suspect that no amount of actual facts could dissuade you from your belief system.
Try me.

Post a few.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times
Quote:
Try me.

Post a few.
Here is a link to over 800 drug related articles in the New York Times.

Maybe they will convince you that the drug cartels are well armed, bold, murderers, and pose a secrity threat to the United States.

Mexican Drug Trafficking News - Breaking World Drug Trafficking in Mexico News - The New York Times

Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Here is a link to over 800 drug related articles in the New York Times.

Maybe they will convince you that the drug cartels are well armed, bold, murderers, and pose a secrity threat to the United States.

Mexican Drug Trafficking News - Breaking World Drug Trafficking in Mexico News - The New York Times
No kidding. Yes the cartels are well armed and a big problem, yes they are causing lots of violence in Mexico. Where the facts start to get sensationalized is when people like Brewer stoke the fires by claiming the lawlessness and violence are on the U.S. side as well, beheadings and such.

No, actually the border areas are pretty safe on the American side. How do I know this? I read the papers with the statistics and crime rates and opinions by local law enforcement, FBI, and Border Patrol. (In other words, credible sources.) I also live pretty close to the border, unlike a lot of the posters squealing from Wisconsin and Montana. If you want to twist this into a "I hate the illegals" thread, then go right ahead. There are a lot of those already cooking up in the immigration forum if you are so inlcined.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:36 AM

32 posts, read 15,993 times
**** I seen more guns than that in my hommies garage in the Englewood. The Chi represent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies