Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
do you remember everyone you worked with 30 years ago? how about everyone you went to school with 30 years ago? there are people who disappear into the background, and even though they are there and doing the job, no one sees them because they are not doing things that stand out.
With the internet you can find people in an instant. I served oh gee, got out 16-17 years ago? And in 15 minutes I found half a dozen people by googling my old command and people that served there.

Are you saying Bush forgot every person that ever served with him, and every person that ever served with him forgot Bush? Even with all the attention this has received over the years.

What is that smell? Oh yeah, it is the smell of BS.

I get some people are in love with Bush and just cannot believe that he would ever con us in this manner. But the facts speak for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
[/b]

To repeat, I never challenged YOUR loyalty. I challenged you calling a member of the National Guard a coward.

"records can be altered", is that all you base all your information on.

I have posted statements from the Air national Guard Commander, and you question him. Another snipe at a veteren.

It has now become clear. You have called him a coward for not serving, then you say having gotten an Honorable Discharge is not enough for you.

You don't respect him. I can live with that but, you showed your true colors with that statement, "All that you say is has an honorable discharge but that still does not make him honorable in many veterans eyes."

Nothing anybody posts with data to back it up will be enough for you because of your hate.

I'm done with you.
When did I question the guard commander? I SAID THAT BUSH WAS A COWARD!!! And I stand by my word "Not everyone who gets an honorable discharge served honorably" The only "data" that backs up his claim is questionable at most. I'm relying on common sense.

1. No one remembers him nor can he verify any of his "training buddies" (you served I bet that you could find some poeple that remember you)

2. His inability to obtain any rank higher than 1Lt (this even you cannot explain)

3. Military records are kept in St Louis why are certain parts of his "missing" (I bet yours are there in completion)

If all that you have is his discharge certificate (that is not the same as his DD214) you have less information than I have.

If you can logically explain these three items (and back them up) I will gladly admit that I'm wrong and drop the subject

Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
do you remember everyone you worked with 30 years ago? how about everyone you went to school with 30 years ago? there are people who disappear into the background, and even though they are there and doing the job, no one sees them because they are not doing things that stand out.

Believe me if you served with someone in that type of situation YOU WILL remember them. Especially a pilot, If someone taught you something as valuable as flying an aircraft would'nt you at least remember their name?

Hell, I still remember guys from basic training 20+ years ago

Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Believe me if you served with someone in that type of situation YOU WILL remember them. Especially a pilot, If someone taught you something as valuable as flying an aircraft would'nt you at least remember their name?

Hell, I still remember guys from basic training 20+ years ago
What a lot of civilians do not understand is people that served typically remember these bonds that are formed from decades ago. I get how a civilian might not get it. But I honestly do not understand how people that were in the military are still Bush apologists.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
What a lot of civilians do not understand is people that served typically remember these bonds that are formed from decades ago. I get how a civilian might not get it. But I honestly do not understand how people that were in the military are still Bush apologists.
That is the BEST thing about being in the military.....The lifelong bonds

That really burns my farts that REAL military men and women defend that overpriviledged prick!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
That is the BEST thing about being in the military.....The lifelong bonds

That really burns my farts that REAL military men and women defend that overpriviledged prick!
Yes sir. On both counts.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
Bush may not have fought for his country, but at least his country is America, not Kenya.

How...........illuminating.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I can tell you didn't read the previos posts. I linked to an article detailing the servicemen and women who were wounded and died in Viet Nam that were reservists and guardsmen.

Another Bush hater who cannot back up thier lies with facts. Just B.S.

Nope, just referring to GWB, who, because he was priviledged, "served" in the ANG stateside. Which makes him a REMF.

He didn't step one toenail in Nam.

I don't even think he could point out Viet Nam on a map.

The BS, as it were, is on your side of the fence.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
yep. just like al gore.

If Gore's daddy used his money and privilege to shuffle his kid to a non-combat post while thousands were getting blown apart all over South East Asia, then, yes.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Ok, even if he tried and failed the fact remained that he STILL SERVED being in vietnam although reluctanly still makes you a credible veteran

Bush never got near Viet Nam, dude. That was the whole idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies