Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i try to find the truth.

hey goodnight, nice try at chopping up my quote, but . .
Hey, no problem!

YouTube - Fast Knife Chopping

Last edited by ergohead; 07-20-2010 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Does it strike anyone as being that of all of the people that served during that time that Bush's record turned up missing? Normally anyone who served in the military keeps a copy of their military records for themselves. Why would'nt he? Unless he realized his military service was crap and he (or his daddy) seen a political career in the near future for him.

So tell me how many of you who are defending his military career actually served? And if you did how do you really feel about his time in the military?

Fellow military members have you thought about how can someone serve 5-6 and only achieve the rank of 1st Lt?

How do you feel about his supposely missing records? Don't you really think that is more than just coindence?

It's absolutely fitting that someone who played with the lives of servicemen like George W. Bush did went to great lengths to avoid any military service himself. And the same can be said for the former Vice President Richard Cheney, who used 5 deferments to duck Vietnam.

Both of these cowardly people knew nothing of the costs of war, as they both went to great lengths to avoid being in one. Yet had no problem starting one of their own.

I dont know what words are best used to describe these people. Sub-human immediately jumps to mind. That and psychopath, and, of course, coward.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He flew F 102s, a notoriously cranky plane. Training was 2 years of active duty to get wings. Credible sources have him flying more than required in years 3 and 4. You know plane driving isn't something you just pick up after a multi-month break. You bury pilots that way.

What records are missing? The Dan Rather phonied up ones?
Credible sources, credible SECRET sources.....LOL

Old 07-20-2010, 10:51 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,567 times
If Bush like other conservatives who wail over the fact that they did not get a chance to serve their country in Vietnam had any cojones at the time, they could have just trotted down and joined the Army or Marines, both were looking for people for the infantry.
It might have saved some of the Aussies from being called up.
Strange how Bush and co were keen on Aussies replacing them in their duty.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:06 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Wasn't he a Yaley bean counter when he joined up?
Well thats another question, how did he become a commissioned officer and get into the national guard the same day he applied, normally you need a skill or need to qualify for OCS through a test. What was his talent?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i try to find the truth.

hey goodnight, nice try at chopping up my quote, but next use the whole quote as thus;

Sorry unintentional.

I understand that you stated that he deserved his purple hearts but you also indicated at least one of his purple hearts was awarded for no good reason. Which is it?

Also he tried every loophole to get out of the draft?? Any proof of that?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Document that, please!

Yes we are to believe that Bush joined the national guard to avoid Vietnam and then had an epiphany developed newly found courage and wanted to go to the front lines in Vietnam.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's absolutely fitting that someone who played with the lives of servicemen like George W. Bush did went to great lengths to avoid any military service himself. And the same can be said for the former Vice President Richard Cheney, who used 5 deferments to duck Vietnam.

Both of these cowardly people knew nothing of the costs of war, as they both went to great lengths to avoid being in one. Yet had no problem starting one of their own.

I dont know what words are best used to describe these people. Sub-human immediately jumps to mind. That and psychopath, and, of course, coward.
I totally agree, but for some reason there are people who are steadfast in defending this coward on his military record. I read something from Colin Powell and he was disgusted with the Cheney, bush and Rumsfeld b/c of the posturing that they exhibited behind closed doors regarding what they would do to Bin Laden if they were in the military.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sorry unintentional.

I understand that you stated that he deserved his purple hearts but you also indicated at least one of his purple hearts was awarded for no good reason. Which is it?

Also he tried every loophole to get out of the draft?? Any proof of that?
i said there was evidence that one of his purple hearts was not deserved, but it is not concrete, and the military awarded him the purple heart, and thus i accept the militarys action.

and i did NOT say he tried to get out of the draft, i DID say that he used the three purple heart loophole to leave the service early. well within his rights to do so as it is in the military regs, but it is a loophole none the less.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Huh, this post has NOTHING to do with Obama's nonmilitary record

Nor his military record, or lack of it. He came of age after Vietnam, and there was no draft. End of question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies