Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 03:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
As I said in another thread, Bush did not start a war, the terrorists did. The 9/11 attacks were an act of war.
...And tell the rest, retialiation on the wrong country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
20 years USAF during the first Gulf War, My father also served 20 years and WENT to Vietnam and Korea and presently my son is serving in the AF. So I ask you what is your point by asking me that
Quote:
"Dear Colonel Holmes,
I am sorry to be so long in writing. I know I promised to let you hear from me at least once a month, and from now on you will, but I have had to have some time to think about this first letter. Almost daily since my return to England I have thought about writing, about what I want to and ought to say. First, I want to thank you, not just for saving me from the draft, but for being so kind and decent to me last summer, when I was as low as I have ever been.
frontline: the clinton years: bill clinton's draft letter | PBS

Old 07-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Since you've set the parameters for discussion, there's no discussion but you're welcome to your point of view.

Bush did serve and completed his duty as Commander-in-Chief for eight years. Achieving more than any... heck, most. There's no higher service excepting to give one's life, the ultimate sacrifice.
Truthfully, I wished that he had serve them in the Guard and this discussion would not have taken place in the first place

Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
FindLaw: U.S. Constitution: Article II

Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
To be the president does NOT mean that you have to serve in the military, but I have probelm with people who CLAIM to have served honorably and than start an illegal war and possibly profited from it. It is either you serve or you dont! Yes there were some who did and some who did not but he was the ONLY one from your list that pretended to serve and acted like he did honorably....this is what I have a probelm with.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Apparently pretend, to you, means you honored your required duties. The rest of your nonsense is founded on the blah, blah, blah theory. You've been proven wrong in all of your epiphanies and yet you're still blabbering incoherently...

Old 07-19-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....

Clinton was just the right age for Vietnam although he begged dearly not to be in it. Obama would have been old enough to serve though he decided not to. He yet decided to run campaigns about how the Cold War was a lost cause and Reagan should give up on his ambitions of being a nuclear power (not surprising considering he grew up and openly sought out devote communist as friends). How ironic is it that he's now vehemently going after START treaties... Not that you would know what START treaties were the most productive.
The point is not rather they served or not it is did they did it with honor, which Bush did not

Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Moderator note: This discussion was off-topic for its thread, so I've split it off.

Reality check! Bush did not give a damn about the military! He proved that during his own enlistment(?) What little that he did was for his cronies in the military complex, can you say haliburton? Bringing up the POTUS in this discussion as no baring on anything. Obama did not serve and NO ONE in Bush's administration served either (don't count Colin Powell b/c they did not listen to him anyway) but yet started the crap in Iraq!
LOL, I judge the desperation of the left about the up coming election by the wackiness of their diversionary posts. I think this one tells us the Senate and the state houses are in danger too. Whoo hoo!!! Happy days are here again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You do understand Bush is not president
Do YOU understand his convoluted military record? No ones military service should not be part of cover ups and conspiracies. Put it this way if they (powers to be) took the effort to cover up something as simple as military service, what else are they covering up?

Quote:
The point is not rather they served or not it is did they did it with honor, which Bush did not
Blah, blah, blah... and he "did did it"... despite your incomprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies