Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 02:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Bush served and got an Honorable Discharge. Get over it.
And, Obama got a nobel peace prize, what's your point?

Obama had to do it the hard way - he didn't have a father running the CIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 02:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
When you deal with the rich and powerful it takes alot more investigative research than is available, but consider this Kerry did serve in Vietnam but people were convince that he did not, go figure. money and power can change alot of things.

His promotion is the ONLY thing that could not be altered because promotions ALWAYS leave paper trails. I'm going out on a limb and say that you never were in the military, but that does not really matter at this point. Whenever someone gets promoted there is usually some sort of ceremony and especially someone of his family's stature normally make a big deal of it with pictures and what not. The controversy revovles around the fact that no one remembers him or has even seen him at drills. In the army officer ranks 2nd Lt, 1st Lt and Capt ranks are automatic and the slots are the same. Only when you go up into the field officers rank of Major and above are slot positions are put into play. This is the reason that I put so much emphasis on his rank. You cannot get promote without anyone knowing regardless of the power/money that your parents hold.

The civilian world focused on his honorable discharge do you think that he would have gotten out with anything but one? The other thing that a previous pollster mentioned is that he had no skill other than having a degree. How did they determine what plane he could fly or his job in general?
you dont have to go out on a limb and guess, i never served in the military, and i have said so, in this thread in fact. i have also said that while there are questions about one of the awards that kerry received in vietnam, until real proof comes along to show that he did not deserve the awards, i dont question them.

as for promotions, i did not know that certain ones were considered automatic, though i do know that there may be reasons that even these automatic promotions could be held up. as for flying an airplane, he is certified to fly the F102, and i dont care how much influence a family has, you DONT get certified to fly unless you actually pass the tests. family influence can only go so far.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:26 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
And, Obama got a nobel peace prize, what's your point?

Obama had to do it the hard way - he didn't have a father running the CIA.
What exactly did Obama accomplish to be awarded that Noble Peace Prize?

That's right... nothing.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:31 PM

24,513 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Excerpt from the NY Times Article "Missing in Action"

"Another particularly credible witness is Leonard Walls, a retired Air Force colonel who was then a full-time pilot instructor at the base. "I was there pretty much every day," he said, adding: "I never saw him, and I was there continually from July 1972 to July 1974." Mr. Walls, who describes himself as nonpolitical, added, "If he had been there more than once, I would have seen him."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/08/op...08kristof.html

FOXNews.com - Timeline: Bush's Air National Guard Service - You Decide 2004

So where was he May 4, 1972 to November 1972 and other periods? I don't know many soldiers that could be missing for that time period and not end up in the brig. The only thing factual about this was that for some unknown reason he was never declared AWOL and put in the draft, gee I wonder why?
What a New York Times opinion article says does not make it true.
As for his record, I still don't see where he was classified as MIA or AWOL.

Quote:
He volunteered to go to Vietnam, sure in his dreams.
Can't accept facts?

Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 PM

146 posts, read 399,486 times
Bush may not have fought for his country, but at least his country is America, not Kenya.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What exactly did Obama accomplish to be awarded that Noble Peace Prize?

That's right... nothing.
You think that was easy?

YOU try it, sometime!

Last edited by ergohead; 07-26-2010 at 12:25 AM..

Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
Bush may not have fought for his country, but at least his country is America, not Kenya.
Obama is a British Subject, and, a Subject of Interest.

He MAY be a British Petroleum Asset.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
His country doesn't like him much.

A majority vote to expel him would be easy.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Right now the same could be said of obama and he has gotten to even the four years mark.I fact the democratic controlled congress stands at 11% favorable. Lowest in history. What's the point?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Bush and the other rich kids who bought their way into the Air National Guard while over 50 thousand troops died in Viet Nam are REMFs.

Those who served know what the above means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies