Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 05:31 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What a New York Times opinion article says does not make it true.
As for his record, I still don't see where he was classified as MIA or AWOL.

Can't accept facts?

Opinion? Explain to me why records inedicate Bush did not receive any pay from March-October 1972? Also tell me why there was no action when he failed to report for his physical and lost his flight status. Those are facts, any other soldier would have been on his way to Vietnam at that point.

His records don't indicate he was AWOL but to actually believe there weren't other forces at work here with all the accounts and records is impossible.

He volunteered for Vietnam? So tell me why he went into the National Guard when he could have went in directly? Certainly they would have accepted him even without his fathers help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The fantasy is the one in your mind, the same one that makes you proud to crow about FOX News.

Bush was AWOL, a phone call or two from Daddy got him exempted from taking part in monthly drills DURING A TIME OF WAR.
He didnt make up any time. Records show his flight status was pulled "for missing a physical" which shows he didnt ever fly. If he did, he would have logged the hours, and taken the physical. He never learned how to fly.

Of course, to totally steal the argument from John Kerry, who WAS deployed to Vietnam, Karl Rove went after Kerry''s service, most notably, enlisting the help of those who knew Kerry spoke out against a war of aggression against the innocent Vietnamese people, of which, 3 million were killed, courtesy of Uncle Sam. It was an ugly smear fest that obscured Bush being AWOL. As intended.

And the corporate media dutifully played along.

And Bush never had to answer a single question from the Kerry camp about him being AWOL for his entire tenure on the Guard, where he never attended any drills, not even in the "Champagne Division" of the Texas Guard, from where he transferred to Alabama and then didnt even bother to show up!

AWOLBush.com - Home Page

http://www.awolbush.com/images/where...here was Bush?
Bush was not awol you can cry that lie all you want does not make it true.
rove went after what kerry did after the war , his attacking fellow soldiers, his lies about medals

Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You think that was easy?

YOU try it, sometime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Bush and the other rich kids who bought their way into the Air National Guard while over 50 thousand troops died in Viet Nam are REMFs.

Those who served know what the above means.
i didnt serve and i know what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Opinion? Explain to me why records inedicate Bush did not receive any pay from March-October 1972? Also tell me why there was no action when he failed to report for his physical and lost his flight status. Those are facts, any other soldier would have been on his way to Vietnam at that point.

His records don't indicate he was AWOL but to actually believe there weren't other forces at work here with all the accounts and records is impossible.

He volunteered for Vietnam? So tell me why he went into the National Guard when he could have went in directly? Certainly they would have accepted him even without his fathers help.
i think it is time to lock this thread as everything here has been rehashed since bush ran for governor of texas in the 90's, and NOTHING WAS EVER FOUND to indicate that bush did not serve in the guard, and did not finish his service with an honorable discharge.

as i have said, until REAL EVIDENCE and NOT conjecture is put forward, i accept bushs service as i accept kerrys service, as i accept gores service.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:56 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i didnt serve and i know what it means.

i think it is time to lock this thread as everything here has been rehashed since bush ran for governor of texas in the 90's, and NOTHING WAS EVER FOUND to indicate that bush did not serve in the guard, and did not finish his service with an honorable discharge.

as i have said, until REAL EVIDENCE and NOT conjecture is put forward, i accept bushs service as i accept kerrys service, as i accept gores service.

REMF is "Rear Echelon Motherf*****.

Someone with a cushy job in the rear echelon.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Let me explain dear friend of Faux news, what an assinine statement.

I find it ironic you bring up you and your family's military record as some kind of authoritive reasoning for your opinions and I bring up mine but, mine don't count.

Couldn't handle the Army, huh. Too tough for you. Had to go back to the soft Air Force.

You have made many accusations about Bush's service but I have not seen any data from you to support your claim.

P.S. Your juvinile name calling does nothing to make you credible. In fact it does just the opposite.

Bush served and got an Honorable Discharge. Get over it.
I went back due the Army's medical structure verses the AF, and I went in the Army in the first place so there would not be a break in service if you MUST know. I brought up my family's military record b/c YOU challenged my loyality to the military. You must have forgotten that part.
As far as Bush's military record is concerned all that I wanted to do is make a point.
The point being is that millitary attendance and even service docuementation can be altered. The other point is that while in, he did nothing thus keeping him from being promoted. His "honorable discharge" means nothing to me, especially after working with vets with disabilities that they suffered while ACTUALLY SERVING and are unable to get the help that they deserve b/c of lameazz politicians like him. All that you say is has an honorable discharge but that still does not make him honorable in many veterans eyes

Old 07-26-2010, 02:31 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,169 times
OMG give this a 10 year rest

Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,461 times
are you people still talking about this garbage...hey how about we do a thread on JFK's affair with Marilyn Monroe..equally relevant...

Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
REMF is "Rear Echelon Motherf*****.

Someone with a cushy job in the rear echelon.
yep. just like al gore.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you dont have to go out on a limb and guess, i never served in the military, and i have said so, in this thread in fact. i have also said that while there are questions about one of the awards that kerry received in vietnam, until real proof comes along to show that he did not deserve the awards, i dont question them.

as for promotions, i did not know that certain ones were considered automatic, though i do know that there may be reasons that even these automatic promotions could be held up. as for flying an airplane, he is certified to fly the F102, and i dont care how much influence a family has, you DONT get certified to fly unless you actually pass the tests. family influence can only go so far.
I was not trying to be offensive (and apologize if I did) I just wanted people to know how military promotions work. During the whole ordeal no one noticed or mentioned his rank. Of course civilians would not have noticed this but other military members would.

Admittingly I know very little about purple heart folks, except the benefits that they are entitled to, so I cannot speak on Kerrys.

Someone in an earlier post who obviously had more knowledge then myself attempted to explain the pilot thing. My expertise in the military was medical and not aviation.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What a New York Times opinion article says does not make it true.
As for his record, I still don't see where he was classified as MIA or AWOL.

Can't accept facts?
That in itself is odd, during a war you "volunteered" to go and they deny you? Especially when they are drafting everyone else. Sounds fishy to me also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies