Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,348,575 times

Advertisements

Breitbart is biggest scum bags in media. The gov should be ashamed for falling for another one of his chop shop videos and reacting the way the did...

Morons

Old 07-21-2010, 05:22 AM

180 posts, read 188,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
If the NAACP was in possession of the entire tape then why was Ms. Sherrod asked to resign? Racism?
Because the NAACP wasn't in possession of the entire tape when the story broke. They acquired the full tape AFTER they made the statement (some time yesterday...story broke the day before). Trust me, if the tape was out day one...Breibart and Fox News's distortions on this matter would have been exposed from the very beginning.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,738,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
The same KKK who murdered Mrs. Sherrod's father, btw. And just so we have a full understanding of where she might have developed her initial trepidation towards the white farmer, said KKK member who murdered her father when she was just 17 years old, was also a farmer.

She must be one hell of an open-minded and kindhearted woman to have overcome such a hideous act of violence perpetrated against her and her family and not end up bitter and resentful, but live a life of service to her community, including the white farmers she did help.
Sherrod never stated that the KKK killed her father. She stated that her father was killed by a white farmer. I think your trying to pull a Fox news on us. LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 05:57 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I'm a minority (one of many) in the tea party. Don't you think if there was any real evidence of racism in the tea party it would be plastered all over the media 24/7. It isn't because it doesn't exist. It's the only card the dems have and they use it all the time. When will the average idiot figure that out?
I don't know what ethnic group you are but I hope you are proud. You stand with a group that will go down in history as the group that put an end to this any race can be President nonsense. Congratulation.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,738,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I don't know what ethnic group you are but I hope you are proud. You stand with a group that will go down in history as the group that put an end to this any race can be President nonsense. Congratulation.
I read overtones of fear in this post. Is the Tea party really that powerful?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The epiphany came AFTER her initial reaction to the white farmer. She did the minimum aid and then sent him to his own people.
Yes, but at least she had one. How many people never realize their mistakes or the hurt they unwittingly cause people due to inherent prejudices?
Look at the number of people on this forum will argue a point, no matter how many times that point has been repudiated (or should I say 'refudiated'?) and flat out proven wrong?

Wondering now, how many of the 'Beck knows all' crowd will stand behind him on this?
"Beck did wind up attacking the administration on his Fox News talk show, but not for the reason the White House may have expected. "She should not have been fired or forced to resign," the conservative commentator said, pointing out that Sherrod's side of the story was far more complex then initially reported. He even suggested that Sherrod should get her job back and joked about her getting a promotion."

I have to say that David Gergen really should get the last word:

""An ideologue injects poison into the internet, other people rush to judgment on camera, and an administration gets stampeded and commits this travesty of justice. The NAACP has at least had the courage to come back and say 'we were wrong' and apologize...""

Shirley Sherrod Defended By Diverse Coalition Calling For USDA To Give Her Job Back (VIDEO)

Old 07-21-2010, 07:16 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
Because the NAACP wasn't in possession of the entire tape when the story broke. They acquired the full tape AFTER they made the statement (some time yesterday...story broke the day before). Trust me, if the tape was out day one...Breibart and Fox News's distortions on this matter would have been exposed from the very beginning.

It was a NAACP meeting....you might think the NAACP might have some inkling about what went on....

This woman was railroaded by both the NAACP and the Obama admin.

She was forced to resign PRIOR to the first vid being shown on the news.

She was not allowed to present her side of the story.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Here's Andrew;

Andrew Breitbart Defends Sherrod Story - Video - FoxNews.com

Old 07-21-2010, 07:52 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,447,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Should non-profit groups which receive federal funds ever be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race?

Think before you answer.
She did NOT discriminate against him. You STILL don't get it. No surprise there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

Sherrod never stated that the KKK killed her father. She stated that her father was killed by a white farmer. I think your trying to pull a Fox news on us. LOL
So you haven't heard her personally say the white farmer was a KKK member, so I must be lying.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,083,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

This woman was railroaded by both the NAACP and the Obama admin.
While I am thoroughly pissed off at Ben Jealous, and the bend-over stance of the administration, I find it interesting that the conductor driving the Fox news train wreck, Breitbart, escapes your recriminations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies