Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 PM

453 posts, read 457,765 times

Advertisements

I can promise you he can relate to the working class a lot better than George Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh-bya could. That idiot never had to work for anything in his entire life. He was pampered and spoiled by his mommy and daddy. The economic recession is not Obama's fault. He inherited this mess, so don't be disgruntled because he couldn't fix the economy overnight. I didn't see Numbnuts attempt to do anything about the housing crisis the entire eight years he was in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I can promise you he can relate to the working class a lot better than George Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh-bya could. That idiot never had to work for anything in his entire life. He was pampered and spoiled by his mommy and daddy. The economic recession is not Obama's fault. He inherited this mess, so don't be disgruntled because he couldn't fix the economy overnight. I didn't see Numbnuts attempt to do anything about the housing crisis the entire eight years he was in office.
Yeah while Americans are on food stamps. Obama eating 100.00 steaks show he can relate.

While Americans are searching day after day for a job and hes playing golf shows he can relate

While Americans are making sacrifices like he told us we will have to, he is taking vacations, He can relate

While Americans are giving up doing things like going to the movies his many concerts proves he can relate to middle class

Obama told us we have to make sacrifices that just didnt apply to him

This is about Obama NOT Bush

Old 07-23-2010, 12:52 PM

839 posts, read 2,417,463 times
Ok, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of President Obama. However, I don't think he is nearly as bad as his critics say he is. I think the man inherited one hell of a mess from the last administration. Two wars, failing banks, failing auto makers, millions unemployed, etc. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

So, what I appreciate about President Obama is that he didn't come from money and privilege. The way I understand it, his mother was on food stamps at some point when he was a kid. Having those types of experiences as a kid makes me believe he can relate to the struggles of working class/middle class Americans better than a lot of other people in high levels of government.

Secondly, while I may not agree with all of his policies and things he's tried to do to improve the economy, at least he's trying to do something..

So, flame away Republicans and conservatives. I've spoken my peace.....

Old 07-23-2010, 12:55 PM

839 posts, read 2,417,463 times
Quote:
+1... Repped.....

Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM

453 posts, read 457,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah while Americans are on food stamps. Obama eating 100.00 steaks show he can relate.

While Americans are searching day after day for a job and hes playing golf shows he can relate

While Americans are making sacrifices like he told us we will have to, he is taking vacations, He can relate

While Americans are giving up doing things like going to the movies his many concerts proves he can relate to middle class

Obama told us we have to make sacrifices that just didnt apply to him

This is about Obama NOT Bush
Oh, I see. Yet nobody complained over the fact that GW Bush took the equivalent of two years of vacation during the entire eight years he was elected president.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:05 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that the only response some people have to critics of barack is to lash out in a frenzy at our former President George Bush.
What does this thread topic have to do with Bush? Nothing.
Yet we have a paragraph that rants and name calls; idiot, numbnuts??? Really.

Also reeks of class envy; "that idiot never had to work for anyting in his entire life. He was pampered and spolied. . . """

Last edited by Booya; 07-23-2010 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: just had more to say!

Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 PM

202 posts, read 187,405 times
Barack Obama, at a recent rural elementary school assembly in East Texas , asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands once every few seconds, holding the audience in total silence..

Then Obama said into the microphone, "Children, uh, every time I, uh, clap my hands together, a, uh, child in America dies from, uh, gun violence."

Little Richard Earl, with a proud East Texas drawl, pierced the quiet and said, '' Well, dummy, stop clapping"

Old 07-23-2010, 01:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
President Barack Obama said in an interview broadcast Friday he can relate to Americans striving in the struggling economy to pay bills while saving for their children's education and their own retirement.
he goes on to say that he teaches his girls that if they have a $100 in the bank and it gets ineretest at 2 or 3% this is how much money they're going to have at the end of it."

3% i want to bank where they are. he is a real joke.
while he takes 8 vacations so far the rest of us have to work our asses off just to live day to day.
He can relate to Americans struggling to pay the bills? Give me a freaking break! He gets a great salary and he and his family have a free mansion, free food and drink, free transportation and all the other perks. He travels around the world at will and apologizes for America while raising our national debt into the trillions. This man, who is 1/2 African American is definitely not qualitifed for the position of Preseidnet. Thank all of you for voting for him as this is a great example of Welfare!

!
I've taken 8 weeks off just this year. And I get two more.
I work.
Obama grew up poor -
He's teaching his young girls how to save and do math. You seem to have a problem with that.

BTW, I have several accounts, the rates vary from 1.215% to 2.330% for different savings accounts.
I have two interest bearing checking accounts, too.

Got anything but hatred for the man?

I think you have him confused with Bush. Hahahahaha.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Oh, I see. Yet nobody complained over the fact that GW Bush took the equivalent of two years of vacation during the entire eight years he was elected president.
3 years.
Dubya took 1,022 days of holiday in 8 years.
That averages 127.5 days per year.
More than 3 months.

Obama's taken mostly weekends here and there.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:20 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Could it be that he's talking about his childhood? Nah, the OP obviously only recognized him as a fully grown man who somehow just popped out of no where into the Presidency w/out any other experiences or history.

And being black, half black or half white...has nothing to do with anything...other than your prejudices.
he did drop out of nowhere,what other experiences has he had?history what history are you talking about,he grew up in hawaii. he went to academies and catholic school.clearly not poor. he has now idea what its like to struggle. he says he can relate. thats nice. i wish i can relate to his situation having gone on 8 vacations already. i have not been on a vacation in more than 10 years. my vacation consists of camping in the back yard.he doesn't have a clue..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies