Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:22 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I've taken 8 weeks off just this year. And I get two more.
I work.
Obama grew up poor -
He's teaching his young girls how to save and do math. You seem to have a problem with that.

BTW, I have several accounts, the rates vary from 1.215% to 2.330% for different savings accounts.
I have two interest bearing checking accounts, too.

Got anything but hatred for the man?

I think you have him confused with Bush. Hahahahaha.
i didnt like bush either. and no obama was not poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 01:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
Oh, I see. Yet nobody complained over the fact that GW Bush took the equivalent of two years of vacation during the entire eight years he was elected president.
Yeah they did thats the point. All of a sudden its ok.

Also while Bush was doing that what was the unemployment rate?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
he did drop out of nowhere,what other experiences has he had?history what history are you talking about,he grew up in hawaii. he went to academies and catholic school.clearly not poor. he has now idea what its like to struggle. he says he can relate. thats nice. i wish i can relate to his situation having gone on 8 vacations already. i have not been on a vacation in more than 10 years. my vacation consists of camping in the back yard.he doesn't have a clue..
Your life is what you make of it. If you have a crap job, you can sometimes educate yourself and move into better jobs.

BTW, he did grow up poor, his mother required food stamps.

You might want to read his biographies if your interested; or you can continue to listen to Rush and Beck.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-23-2010 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:27 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
3 years.
Dubya took 1,022 days of holiday in 8 years.
That averages 127.5 days per year.
More than 3 months.

Obama's taken mostly weekends here and there.
This is about Obama

What was the unemployment rate when Bush was president?

Add Obamas upcoming vacation to your list ok

Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
I can promise you he can relate to the working class a lot better than George Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh-bya could. That idiot never had to work for anything in his entire life. He was pampered and spoiled by his mommy and daddy. The economic recession is not Obama's fault. He inherited this mess, so don't be disgruntled because he couldn't fix the economy overnight. I didn't see Numbnuts attempt to do anything about the housing crisis the entire eight years he was in office.
Obama inherited nothing.

He campaigned for the job.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Barack is completely out of touch with what his constituents want.
He thinks, with his superior intelligence he knows what's best for us.
The man is delusional.
Hopefully a reality check is coming, and soon. Can you say mid-term election.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times
Quote:
I can promise you he can relate to the working class a lot better than George Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh-bya could...
That did not take long. Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush

Old 07-23-2010, 01:43 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
he did drop out of nowhere,what other experiences has he had?history what history are you talking about,he grew up in hawaii. he went to academies and catholic school.clearly not poor. he has now idea what its like to struggle. he says he can relate. thats nice. i wish i can relate to his situation having gone on 8 vacations already. i have not been on a vacation in more than 10 years. my vacation consists of camping in the back yard.he doesn't have a clue..
He attended on scholarship.
But there you go again, just flaming about from what you hear on the radio, not actually finding out the truth for truth's sake.
Another example of how we've trained or allowed ourselves to be trained for service industry work.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:48 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,780,704 times
President Obama's family was not living in the lap of luxury (his mother was on food stamps for a while). So perhaps he was referring to his previous life? After all, not all of us forget where we come from.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
This is about Obama

What was the unemployment rate when Bush was president?

Add Obamas upcoming vacation to your list ok
lol!
Don't you know the far-lefties will never stop blaming President Bush for their mistakes and foibles!
Barack is home free because he can always look over his shoulder and point to Bush-but it's HIS fault!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies