Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I bet he's teaching his girls that $100 + 3% = $103, and ignoring inflation, taxes owed on the profit, + the devaluing dollar = less money.

btw, OP 3% isnt outrageous.. I receive an average of 8-10% return government guaranteed, but thats another topic. And please leave the fact that he's black out of the topic.. He's incompetent, but that has nothing to do with his race..
I would LOVE to see a link for that kind of interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Could it be that he's talking about his childhood? Nah, the OP obviously only recognized him as a fully grown man who somehow just popped out of no where into the Presidency w/out any other experiences or history.

And being black, half black or half white...has nothing to do with anything...other than your prejudices.

he paid his own bills when he was kid?

At school?

When?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:54 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He can spell pretty well.
Jealous?

Your life is what you make of it. If you have a crap job, you can sometimes educate yourself and move into better jobs.

From your posts, looks like you want to blame others for the pickle you've turned your life into.
Sour grapes doesn't make good wine.

BTW, he did grow up poor, his mother required food stamps.
You might want to read his biographies if your interested; or you can continue to listen to Rush and Beck.
Obama grew up living with his grandparents majority of his childhood. His mother got a masters phd. She was not poor either

Yeah hes been busted for lying in those biographies

Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,987 times
Wow. So far those definding Barack have pointed out that his family collected food stamps, he went to college on a sholarship. There was also talk that his mom was being looked at for welfare fraud.

Shining example of using the system to his advantage I guess.

All it proves is how quickly he has lost touch with the citizens of the U.S. inspite of coming from very humble beginnings.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
President Obama's family was not living in the lap of luxury (his mother was on food stamps for a while). So perhaps he was referring to his previous life? After all, not all of us forget where we come from.
For a while does not make someone growing up poor. His step father worked for the country his mother had a masters phd. Then he went to his grandparents.

lets not sit here and pretend that Obamas entire childhood was spent struggling and wondering where his next meal was coming from.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I can promise you he can relate to the working class a lot better than George Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh-bya could. That idiot never had to work for anything in his entire life. He was pampered and spoiled by his mommy and daddy. The economic recession is not Obama's fault. He inherited this mess, so don't be disgruntled because he couldn't fix the economy overnight. I didn't see Numbnuts attempt to do anything about the housing crisis the entire eight years he was in office.

That's because you are grossly uninformed. Both "W" and McCain led efforts to reform the GSEs. "W" sent TS Snow to capital Hill in 2003 to lobby for a new GSE regulator to replace ineffective OFHEO and warned of problems with Fannie and Freddie from 2001 on. McCain co-sponsored S.190 with several other Republican Senators but it was met with a threatened Democrat filibuster.

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.

This is old news.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
Oh, I see. Yet nobody complained over the fact that GW Bush took the equivalent of two years of vacation during the entire eight years he was elected president.

Had a better economy.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:05 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,579 times
Originally Posted by pghquest
I bet he's teaching his girls that $100 + 3% = $103, and ignoring inflation, taxes owed on the profit, + the devaluing dollar = less money.

btw, OP 3% isnt outrageous.. I receive an average of 8-10% return government guaranteed, but thats another topic. And please leave the fact that he's black out of the topic.. He's incompetent, but that has nothing to do with his race..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
YES PLEASE !

Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
3 years.
Dubya took 1,022 days of holiday in 8 years.
That averages 127.5 days per year.
More than 3 months.

Obama's taken mostly weekends here and there.
Can you name all the great spots that he enjoyed with his wife and children ?

Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Obama grew up living with his grandparents majority of his childhood. His mother got a masters phd. She was not poor either

Yeah hes been busted for lying in those biographies
Yes, Obama went to school on a scholarship because he could not afford to pay while his mama was working on her PHD. I wonder if the tax payers payed for that as well?
Great at working the system.

I don't think barack can even keep his own bio/history straight. He is so coy and elusive when asked questions regading his past. Is he afraid of getting caught telling stories?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies