Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Did he really say this?what the hell is he talking about?
How can he relate to blue-collar americans or someone unemployed?
Do you have any idea of Obama's upbringing? He is the poster child for the American dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 10:54 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,636,074 times
"Obama says he can relate to Americans struggling to pay the bills"

Sure, that is why he is going to attend a $30,000 a person birthday party for himself in Chicago.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/2526490,CST-NWS-SNEED23.article (broken link)

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...-99106339.html

Old 07-24-2010, 06:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
I'm no fan of the President but if you look back on his life, he wasn't always rich. Perhaps his daughters can't relate but then neither can a majority of other American kids relate who have never worked or paid bills including most still in college.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Can you name all the great spots that he enjoyed with his wife and children ?
No, I don't usually pay that much attention to people's personal life.

Me, I spend weekends in all the great capitals of Europe and other historic sites.
What effect would what someone else does have on me?
Whoever they are, they're probably not having as much fun as I am.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
President Barack Obama said in an interview broadcast Friday he can relate to Americans striving in the struggling economy to pay bills while saving for their children's education and their own retirement.
he goes on to say that he teaches his girls that if they have a $100 in the bank and it gets ineretest at 2 or 3% this is how much money they're going to have at the end of it."

3% i want to bank where they are. he is a real joke.
while he takes 8 vacations so far the rest of us have to work our asses off just to live day to day.
He can relate to Americans struggling to pay the bills? Give me a freaking break! He gets a great salary and he and his family have a free mansion, free food and drink, free transportation and all the other perks. He travels around the world at will and apologizes for America while raising our national debt into the trillions. This man, who is 1/2 African American is definitely not qualitifed for the position of Preseidnet. Thank all of you for voting for him as this is a great example of Welfare!

!
So if a poor little black kid from a broken family can rise through the system to become President of the United States why are you stuck
having to work your ass off just to live day to day?. Say what you like about Obama but he made it,you didnt.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:25 AM

852 posts, read 1,358,107 times
Quote:
President Barack Obama said in an interview broadcast Friday he can relate to Americans striving in the struggling economy to pay bills while saving for their children's education and their own retirement.
he goes on to say that he teaches his girls that if they have a $100 in the bank and it gets ineretest at 2 or 3% this is how much money they're going to have at the end of it."

while he takes 8 vacations so far the rest of us have to work our asses off just to live day to day.
He can relate to Americans struggling to pay the bills? Give me a freaking break! He gets a great salary and he and his family have a free mansion, free food and drink, free transportation and all the other perks. He travels around the world at will and apologizes for America while raising our national debt into the trillions. This man, who is 1/2 African American is definitely not qualitifed for the position of Preseidnet. Thank all of you for voting for him as this is a great example of Welfare!

!

You obviously know nothing about the man who we elected as our President. He was not always wealthy. I actually find his story refreshing. He's a self made man who studied his @ss off to get where he is today. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better example of the American dream. That's, of course, assuming that you can look beyond politics.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:

!
Well, I will give him credit for one thing: he didn't claim he was raised on canned beans and left over spam. That being said, how can he relate? He has never struggled in his life. Bill Clinton might have been able to claim some hardships, certainly Ronald Reagan could relate and a few others in modern times, but not our President. And let's not hear about how his grandparents raised him. Sure they did, but they were anything but poor. They had a daugher that was way out in left field obviously, but that doesn't mean they were poor.

Nita

Old 07-24-2010, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Could it be that he's talking about his childhood? Nah, the OP obviously only recognized him as a fully grown man who somehow just popped out of no where into the Presidency w/out any other experiences or history.

And being black, half black or half white...has nothing to do with anything...other than your prejudices.
He didn't grow up in a poor family. Why would you think that?

daugenstine, no one is claiming Bush ever suffered financually. We are talking about Obama relating to the working man. He really never worked much either, or did you not know that?i

Old 07-24-2010, 09:08 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm no fan of the President but if you look back on his life, he wasn't always rich. Perhaps his daughters can't relate but then neither can a majority of other American kids relate who have never worked or paid bills including most still in college.
Majority of his childhood was spent living in an upscale community and attending a privileged school. The hardest time of his childhood happened before around age 6. When his mother got her 1st degree on the road to a phd. Also when she married a man that worked for the country of Indonesia. How many really remember how hard it was at 5

Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 AM

419 posts, read 758,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
You obviously know nothing about the man who we elected as our President. He was not always wealthy. I actually find his story refreshing. He's a self made man who studied his @ss off to get where he is today. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better example of the American dream. That's, of course, assuming that you can look beyond politics.
For years Obama surrounded himself with communists, radicals, terrorists and corrupt Chicago politicians. These associations are what propelled him into the limelight. It had nothing to do with being self made or studying hard. Admire who you wish, but Obama, now that is sad.

I would like to think that most Americans would prefer not to become morally bankrupt in order to achieve success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies