Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
The child tax credit has been cut in half. Period.
The childcare credit has been slashed. Period.
Taxes for all will be going up. Period.

My accountant has estimated my 2010 taxes, you can spin it any way you like, but taxes are going up. Bush lowered them Obama raised them.

It is 3 %, 4 million out of 138 million returns.
47% of those 138 million don't pay federal income tax.
Just google "how many people don't pay taxes"
So it is more like 6% and those 6% already pay over 90% of all federal taxes collected. I see you ignore the numbers that don't favor your POV.

Has the church been compensated for the land the gave up? Answer the question. How much was the land worth that the City stole from them?

Here is the answer, the original church was 4 stories. The new structure that was to be located at 130 Liberty would have been larger and would not have interferred with any construction efforts. The $60 million pledged by NYC came with strings. The church wanted to review the plans for a Vehicle Security Center to be built beneath the Church. The city balked at that demand and negotiations fell apart.

So if you were some big shot builder in NYC and wanted to erect a structure and the City told you they were building a garage beneath it you would darn well want to see the plans.
Still are failing to tell the truth.

The Child Tax Credit has NOT been cut in half. No plans exist to cut it in half. Any suggestion otherwise quite simply is a BALD FACED LIE.

Unless you are making more $$ than you did in 2009, no way are your taxes are going up for 2010. That is another BALD FACED LIE. Any changes will not occur until 2011. Also the increases will not occur until you have a AGI of at least $281,900 and that is if you have no kids and take the standard deduction, with two kids its $319,550 before you see any increases with the standard deduction.

As far as the Church, quite simply its due to the implications it will have on the ongoing construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM

229 posts, read 241,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

The Child Tax Credit has NOT been cut in half. No plans exist to cut it in half. Any suggestion otherwise quite simply is a BALD FACED LIE.

Unless you are making more $$ than you did in 2009, no way are your taxes are going up for 2010. That is another BALD FACED LIE. Any changes will not occur until 2011. Also the increases will not occur until you have a AGI of at least $281,900 and that is if you have no kids and take the standard deduction, with two kids its $319,550 before you see any increases with the standard deduction.

As far as the Church, quite simply its due to the implications it will have on the ongoing construction.
Ten Facts about Claiming the Child Tax Credit

9. Limitations - The credit is limited if your modified adjusted gross income is above a certain amount. The amount at which this phase-out begins varies depending on your filing status. For married taxpayers filing a joint return, the phase-out begins at $110,000. For married taxpayers filing a separate return, it begins at $55,000. For all other taxpayers, the phase-out begins at $75,000. In addition, the Child Tax Credit is generally limited by the amount of the income tax you owe as well as any alternative minimum tax you owe.

I hate the IRS but I am sure they are not lying.

Of course I will make more money this year. I make more money every year. About 3% more. I will pay more due to credits being taken away to pay for entitlements that I will never be "entitled" to get.

As far as the church goes, they have had at least 8 years to build a memorial. They have had 8 years to compensate the Church. Neither has been done.

We are way off topic here.

Obama is a fraud. If he meant well for the country he would listen to what the people want. He would have surrounded himself with the best and the brightest.

I lost count of how many advisors and cabinet members have had to resign do to scandalous affairs. In 63 days he and congress will become lame ducks.

Since you are a history buff then you should know the insane things they will push through before they are gone.

I saw his meeting with the soldiers today. Praising them for their service and sacrafices. It was only 2 short months ago that this "president" suggested soldiers should purchase their own private insurance to pay for their on going health care. I am sure Obama is a nice guy but he has his heart and brains in the wrong place.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
To all you liberals and others who voted for Obummer:

Simple fact: If he was NOT a black man, who would have NEVER been voted into office.

A white man or woman, with his credentials, would have been laughed out of political office and NEVER even been thought of for President of the United States. Face it and live with it. You voted a man, into a position which makes him the most powerful man in the world, based upon the color of his skin. Had he been half black, with white skin, there are MILLIONS like that, you would have never have voted for him.

He was under qualified, nieve, and ignorant to what he could do and it is now showing. We ALL, no matter what party, are suffering for it.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Ten Facts about Claiming the Child Tax Credit

9. Limitations - The credit is limited if your modified adjusted gross income is above a certain amount. The amount at which this phase-out begins varies depending on your filing status. For married taxpayers filing a joint return, the phase-out begins at $110,000. For married taxpayers filing a separate return, it begins at $55,000. For all other taxpayers, the phase-out begins at $75,000. In addition, the Child Tax Credit is generally limited by the amount of the income tax you owe as well as any alternative minimum tax you owe.

I hate the IRS but I am sure they are not lying.

Of course I will make more money this year. I make more money every year. About 3% more. I will pay more due to credits being taken away to pay for entitlements that I will never be "entitled" to get.

As far as the church goes, they have had at least 8 years to build a memorial. They have had 8 years to compensate the Church. Neither has been done.

We are way off topic here.

Obama is a fraud. If he meant well for the country he would listen to what the people want. He would have surrounded himself with the best and the brightest.

I lost count of how many advisors and cabinet members have had to resign do to scandalous affairs. In 63 days he and congress will become lame ducks.

Since you are a history buff then you should know the insane things they will push through before they are gone.

I saw his meeting with the soldiers today. Praising them for their service and sacrafices. It was only 2 short months ago that this "president" suggested soldiers should purchase their own private insurance to pay for their on going health care. I am sure Obama is a nice guy but he has his heart and brains in the wrong place.
You lied yet again

1. Nowhere in that link does it say that the child tax credit is being cut in half.

2. The information in that link was for the 2009 taxes

As far as the Church, again its pretty simple. The Church's plans had a direct impact on the ongoing construction as a result it was denied. No conspiracy, no bs. The plans would have impacted the ongoing construction.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
To all you liberals and others who voted for Obummer:

Simple fact: If he was NOT a black man, who would have NEVER been voted into office.

He was under qualified, nieve, and ignorant to what he could do and it is now showing. We ALL, no matter what party, are suffering for it.
Sad but true.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:

regarding the child tax credit;

Quote:
Income Limitations and Phaseouts for the Child Tax Credit

The child tax credit, like other credits, is gradually reduced based on a person's income for the year. The child tax credit starts to be reduced when income reaches the following levels:
  • $55,000 for married couples filing separately,
  • $75,000 for single, head of household, and qualifying widow(er) filers, and
  • $110,000 for married couples filing jointly
In the phaseout range, the child tax credit is reduced by $50 for each $1,000 of income above these threshold amounts. (These phaseout ranges are the figures for the years 2009 and 2010, and are adjusted annually by the IRS.)
from this link;

Child Tax Credit: Tips for Getting the Most out of the Child Tax Credit

while for some the tax credit is not cut in half, for many others it will be, and for some it will be eliminated entirely. and these are for 2009 and 2010.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM

571 posts, read 943,810 times
I actually do like Obama the person. He seems like an incredibly intelligent, articulate human being who loves his family as much as any other good father does; and he honestly did seem to want to unite the country when he came into office. He's also the first black president, which really counts for something.

His presidency is a Democratic (as in the party) failure. He is as much a victim of the worst Congress we've had in the history of this nation as the rest of the country is. His plans to fix America have all but become ridiculous pipe dreams because of the blatant corruption present in our legislature. Nothing is passed. Backroom deals are made. Obama smiles & signs the bill because he knows something is better than nothing.

I think he'll be remembered as a "D" level president. Not horrible; but very mediocre.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Liberals always mean well. They skip down the road to hell with good intentions and bring us with them.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
regarding the child tax credit;

from this link;

Child Tax Credit: Tips for Getting the Most out of the Child Tax Credit

while for some the tax credit is not cut in half, for many others it will be, and for some it will be eliminated entirely. and these are for 2009 and 2010.
No where does it say it will be cut in half or eliminated entirely.....

Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
No where does it say it will be cut in half or eliminated entirely.....
you are right, what it says is that the credit will be cut by $50 for every $1000 of income over a certain income threshold. that means at $75k you get the full $1000 credit, but for every $1000 over that you start losing $50. that means if you make $85k, you in fact lose $500 of the credit which means it is cut in HALF!!! if you make $95k you dont get the credit at all!!. gotta read the numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies