Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
There's only one thing to be done with sick civilizations like that: avoid them. Ignore them. And stop sending American soldiers and taxpayer dollars over there, no matter how rich it makes the crooks at Halliburton et al.

I swear, if we could develop a biological weapon that would kill only those with IQ's below 90 who have no ethics, America would find herself without a single politician at the local, state or regional levels.

And the world would be amazed at how much prosperity would erupt here, without government stealing and destroying it all.
You would probably have to add Fundamentalists to that list of "only those with IQ's below 90 who have no ethics", as well. How peaceful that would be!

http://friendlyatheist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/literalismiq.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:59 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
just another reason to get rid of religion..religion is the roots of most evil practices..
I'm pretty anti-religion, but you're really barking up the wrong tree with this one.

A society's sexual mores are conditioned by religion as one of many things.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,494 times
I don't see the problem here. Different strokes for different folks. The Afghans' sexual preferences should in no way deter us from defending them against the scourge of the Taliban or Al Quaeda.
I myself am married and purely heterosexual, and find the thought of making love to a boy disgusting. But that's merely my personal preference. Who knows? Maybe the Jews back in bliblical time has similar practices as the Pashtuns? (Indeed, many modern biblical scholars have surmised that St. Paul was not only Gay, but also harbored a fondness for young men.)
So let us not allow our own biases and preferences alter us from our course of freeing Afghanistan.
It's Jihad you guys should worry about: not man/boy relationships in Afghanistan.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I don't see the problem here. Different strokes for different folks. The Afghans' sexual preferences should in no way deter us from defending them against the scourge of the Taliban or Al Quaeda.
I myself am married and purely heterosexual, and find the thought of making love to a boy disgusting. But that's merely my personal preference. Who knows? Maybe the Jews back in bliblical time has similar practices as the Pashtuns? (Indeed, many modern biblical scholars have surmised that St. Paul was not only Gay, but also harbored a fondness for young men.)
So let us not allow our own biases and preferences alter us from our course of freeing Afghanistan.
It's Jihad you guys should worry about: not man/boy relationships in Afghanistan.
Just as there were people who disagree with congress denying funding for preventing child marriage around the world, they live in a different culture from our own and we cannot control what they do, however we can eliminate funding to nations we find are in opposition to our American ideals. It's what needs to be done.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about gay behavior being a cultural norm in those nations.

If their culture is in opposition to our American ideals we need to eliminate funding. Period.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I myself am married and purely heterosexual, and find the thought of making love to a boy disgusting. But that's merely my personal preference. Who knows? Maybe the Jews back in bliblical time has similar practices as the Pashtuns?
Don't know about the Jews, but the classical Greeks certainly did, and they are rather well thought of.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:16 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
No big deal.

We just repealed DADT, so it's all good. Now our "boys" can even come home with one of their "boys".

Why not? It's all the same right? We've got to be "fair" to everyone, so why NOT man-boy "love" ? Who are WE to judge? Let the Afghans live as they wish. Right? Negotiating with Afghan leaders may actually be easier now. Our man-lovers and their man-lovers will have something in common. The Afghans may even be able to pick up some pointers from our guys, safe-sex with boys and all that.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
No big deal.

We just repealed DADT, so it's all good. Now our "boys" can even come home with one of their "boys".

Why not? It's all the same right? We've got to be "fair" to everyone, so why NOT man-boy "love" ? Who are WE to judge? Let the Afghans live as they wish. Right? Negotiating with Afghan leaders may actually be easier now. Our man-lovers and their man-lovers will have something in common. The Afghans may even be able to pick up some pointers from our guys, safe-sex with boys and all that.
That's really not any dumber than most of our foreign policy initiatives.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Wow, this is bizarre. I thought for a moment I was dealing with an intelligent person. Were all these verses given to you, or did you actually look them up and read them? In context? Anything before you launched the post?
I must step n and say that there are certainly many .. and perhaps most Muslims are fine people. But you are also vey deceived and terribly gullible, or plainly deceptive to constantly play the "Out of context" game.

There are a multitude of passages that command violence against non-believers ... and that IS THE CONTEXT. Claiming otherwise is illegitimate, and maybe ... just maybe a little honesty might earn a little more respect?

Look ... the Old Testament is also rife with violence and genocide ... and this denial needs to end, and the Quran has no corner on the market in that context.

Human beings need to reject this dogmatic nonsense, and call it what it is ... totally inappropriate, and thoroughly denounce it ... not obfuscate, or deny, or attempt to "explain" how these commands for violence don't mean what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Do you know that what you have posted is so far from the truth it doesn't even deserve the light of day? You seem to be trying to be the hate that is being grown in America. And it is not American.

A couple examples;
You wrote -
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
The Qur'an actually says "Fight in the Cause of Allah, those who fight you, but do not transgress limits : for Allah loveth not transgressors."

You wrote -
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
The Qur'an actually says "To thee we have sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you we prescribed a Law and an Open Way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single People, but His pan is to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which you dispute.
Here you engage in purposeful deception, and I've seen this same tactic dozens of times. It's also uncommon knowledge that you are coached in these rebuttals. Of course, the Quran also allows one to deceive if it advances the "cause".

Facts are facts ... and the Quran is filled with these commands to violence just as the poster posted. It is a tactical maneuver to fall back to the earlier, more peaceful passages in claiming these more violent ones are either taken out of context or are somehow nullified by the peaceful words.

The reality is, the later, (most recent) and more violent passages supersede the earlier (oldest) more peaceful ones ... and THAT IS A FACT that is not often discussed by Muslims with non-Muslims. And this is no accident. It's considered acceptable to deceive the non-believers to further the cause of Islam, which is to gain in numbers and strength, in order to save the world through Sharia.

These deceitful games are part of the false assimilation process for which no true assimilation is remotely intended. To actually assimilate would be against the commands of Islam!

With that said, don't question someone else's intent .. intelligence ... or basic nature.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:45 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
That's right ... we're spreading freedom and liberty .... lets not allow ourselves to judge others for raping little boys

What an enlightened soul.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:51 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,926 times
DrummerBoy, go and defend the Afghani pederasts' 'freedom from Taliban' on your own dime if you feel so strongly about it. We are about to go broke in this country poking around and screwing half the world while our Titanic is sinking, if you haven't seen our latest public debt and budget and trade deficit numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies