Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post

I'm glad you pointed out the Greek culture, too. This was a way of life for them, particularly the great Spartans!
So . . . You're saying sissies CAN fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
It's the Afgan culture, not the Muslim culture. By far, most Muslims are disgusted with that behavior. In the overall scheme of Islam, the Taliban, and for that matter, all Wahhabi sects, represent but a small fraction of Muslims.

I'm glad you pointed out the Greek culture, too. This was a way of life for them, particularly the great Spartans!
Just shows that REAL MEN prefer boys.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I believe that most people in general are good people, and that includes muslims. The fact is, that those peaceful muslims are not following their religion as it is written. The extremists are. That is my problem with Islam.
Which is why many are wary of the growing numbers and what will ensue or be enforced on that account. We see what is happening in Europe as a prime example.

It looks like Islam/Sharia are strong armed when the population has grown enough to sustain it. We don't want that to happen here and I think it's not wise to close our eyes to what could happen and not take measures to prevent it. I am for laws such as what Oklahoma and Louisiana are putting forth to protect us from this very thing.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 PM

563 posts, read 930,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I believe that most people in general are good people, and that includes muslims. The fact is, that those peaceful muslims are not following their religion as it is written. The extremists are. That is my problem with Islam.

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51) .

Wow, this is bizarre. I thought for a moment I was dealing with an intelligent person. Were all these verses given to you, or did you actually look them up and read them? In context? Anything before you launched the post?

I am a Muslim. I study the Qur'an. Many years ago, I was a Baptist minister. Islam in America is growing because so much is presented in the news and is way out of context, especially cultural context. This brings in the curious minded Americans to the mosques. And they find the Truth. Europe has a rapidly growing Muslim population, some because of immigration, some because of converts (aka reverts).

Do you know the Christian extremist group, Hutaree, that was arrested for planning to kill police officers, was caught because an American Muslim militiaman refused to hide them and notified the authorities? The Islamic extremist young men (5) that were heading to Somolia were turned in to American authorities by their parents? The Christmas underpants bomber was reported before flying by his own father? The regular, everyday American Muslim loves this country and tries to follow the law and be friendly with neighbors. Please don't push away an opportunity to truly understand a peoples.

Do you know that what you have posted is so far from the truth it doesn't even deserve the light of day? You seem to be trying to be the hate that is being grown in America. And it is not American.

A couple examples;
You wrote -
"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
The Qur'an actually says "Fight in the Cause of Allah, those who fight you, but do not transgress limits : for Allah loveth not transgressors."

You wrote -
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
The Qur'an actually says "To thee we have sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you we prescribed a Law and an Open Way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single People, but His pan is to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which you dispute.

Last edited by WonderingWanderer; 08-29-2010 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm not sure that I believe that. I've understood a lot of the same is going on in Saudi Arabia.
The Saudis are mostly followers of Wahhabi teachings. You are right, but it is not a big part of Islam. Not all Baptists wave rattlesnakes around in church or roll up and down the aisle in "holy laughter"

Old 08-29-2010, 12:34 PM

531 posts, read 338,297 times
Muslims Against Sharia

Old 08-29-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
So . . . You're saying sissies CAN fight.
No doubt, they can fight!

Old 08-29-2010, 03:33 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Occupying troops have a tendency to pick up the more pleasurable ways of the peoples they are occupying. Man is the US military going to rue that day it every agreed to Don't ask don't tell.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I am a Muslim. I study the Qur'an. Many years ago, I was a Baptist minister. .
Just curious, and too lazy to study the tome, but does the Koran have some kind of apocalypse, "truth", equivalent to the Jewish, "Revelations"?

Seems to me that Islam is simply copycat religion used for the same purpose as the Jew, a war tool.

If'n ya ain't got God on your side, whadaya got? Technology?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:59 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Occupying troops have a tendency to pick up the more pleasurable ways of the peoples they are occupying. Man is the US military going to rue that day it every agreed to Don't ask don't tell.
This is the single most objectionable post I have ever read on this forum. You have insulted American servicemen with the most vile insinuation. Thank you for sharing your opinion of the disgusting practice that is the subject of this thread: you describe it as "pleasurable." Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies