Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Um... No? Are you talking to yourself? Did I say that?

Nobody is being deported for a difference of opinion. It's called the Constitution. Look it up.

They can believe whatever they want. Actions will entail law enforcement. Law enforcement is standing by to deal with murder, no matter who believes what. That hasn't changed, has it? Ok then, no problem.
They cannot believe whatever they want because that is contrary to freedom. That means no iman in the USA can put a death threat on any Muslim who wants to change religions. A death threat is action enough - no one else gets to threaten death on others and no iman should be special.

Sharia law specifies death to those who commit apostacy. We cannot allow that belief period. Whether you like it or not, all Muslims that are citizens of the USA must have the freedom to change religions - and other people of other religions have every right and freedom to try and convert them. No more fatwas. That is completely contrary to everything we believe in this country.

And the Koran is hate speech and should be treated like all other hate speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Islam is almost identical to Nazism. The only difference is they claim a god, and so it's called a religion.
You know there are Muslim Americans fighting for your freedom right now, right?

http://www.prb.org/pdf04/59.4AmericanMilitary.pdf

Roughly the same amount of Jews and Muslims serve in the US armed forces. (as of 2002, these stats are a little dated, could be more or less now, I can't find a new study. Perhaps it'll come out with the census numbers)

Old 09-09-2010, 07:40 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,226 times
Quote:
They cannot believe whatever they want because that is contrary to freedom.
No. Believing whatever you want is freedom. Restrictions on belief are NOT freedom!

American Freedom 101.

Quote:
That means no iman in the USA can put a death threat on any Muslim who wants to change religions. A death threat is action enough - no one else gets to threaten death on others and no iman should be special.
Correct. Death threats should be dealt with through the proper law enforcement channels. If someone threatens to kill you, call the police. I don't see what that has to do with religion? It's a law enforcement issue, nothing need be altered.

Quote:
Sharia law specifies death to those who commit apostacy. We cannot allow that belief period.
Correction. We DO allow any belief, period. There are no thought-police (yet). We still have the right to believe whatever we want. You don't like that. Tough.

Quote:
Whether you like it or not, all Muslims that are citizens of the USA must have the freedom to change religions - and other people of other religions have every right and freedom to try and convert them.
And vice-versa. All those who are not Muslims have the freedom to become Muslim, and all those who are Muslim have the freedom to try and convert them. That's freedom. No argument there!

Quote:
No more fatwas. That is completely contrary to everything we believe in this country.
It's contrary to some beliefs, but not all. "Everything we believe in this country," must, logically, include beliefs contrary to yours. So, anything which is "Contrary to everything we believe in this country" cannot exist, because that contrary belief is also part of the pool of things we believe.

Quote:
And the Koran is hate speech and should be treated like all other hate speech.
Which is to say, freedom of speech allows you to write whatever you want, or burn it if you want. Freedom, anybody?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You know there are Muslim Americans fighting for your freedom right now, right?

http://www.prb.org/pdf04/59.4AmericanMilitary.pdf

Roughly the same amount of Jews and Muslims serve in the US armed forces. (as of 2002, these stats are a little dated, could be more or less now, I can't find a new study. Perhaps it'll come out with the census numbers)
My freedom?? If they're in Iraq, they're fighting for freedom of Iraq. Or if they're in Afghanistan it's for the freedom of the Afghans. Those wars aren't for me.

Also many of them like the killer at Fort Hood have their own reasons to sign up with the military. For some it's great benefits and a quick way to citizenship. Some might be Iranian sympathizers who want to defeat the Iraqis.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
No. Believing whatever you want is freedom. Restrictions on belief are NOT freedom!

American Freedom 101.

Correct. Death threats should be dealt with through the proper law enforcement channels. If someone threatens to kill you, call the police. I don't see what that has to do with religion? It's a law enforcement issue, nothing need be altered.

Correction. We DO allow any belief, period. There are no thought-police (yet). We still have the right to believe whatever we want. You don't like that. Tough.

And vice-versa. All those who are not Muslims have the freedom to become Muslim, and all those who are Muslim have the freedom to try and convert them. That's freedom. No argument there!

It's contrary to some beliefs, but not all. "Everything we believe in this country," must, logically, include beliefs contrary to yours. So, anything which is "Contrary to everything we believe in this country" cannot exist, because that contrary belief is also part of the pool of things we believe.

Which is to say, freedom of speech allows you to write whatever you want, or burn it if you want. Freedom, anybody?
Okay - I'll ask you straight out - do the Muslim US citizens have a right to convert to any other religion even if their imans forbid it and any iman that places fatwahs on any individual must be treated like all other terrorists?

And the freedom of religion must mean Christians and others are free to try to convert Muslims living here to whatever other religion? And the imans had better learn to adapt?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
My freedom?? If they're in Iraq, they're fighting for freedom of Iraq. Or if they're in Afghanistan it's for the freedom of the Afghans. Those wars aren't for me.

Also many of them like the killer at Fort Hood have their own reasons to sign up with the military. For some it's great benefits and a quick way to citizenship. Some might be Iranian sympathizers who want to defeat the Iraqis.
Wow! And Jews in the military joined because they hope to secretly infiltrate the upper echelons to finally get the US to wipe Palestine off the face of the earth. Cause, you know, unless you are a Christian in the military, you MUST have ulterior motives.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,211,226 times
Quote:
Okay - I'll ask you straight out - do the Muslim US citizens have a right to convert to any other religion even if their imans forbid it and any iman that places fatwahs on any individual must be treated like all other terrorists?

And the freedom of religion must mean Christians and others are free to try to convert Muslims living here to whatever other religion? And the imans had better learn to adapt?
Muslims in America have the right to do whatever they g****mn please, so long as it's within the law. Conversion? By all means. Do it a dozen times, who cares? Belief is a matter of opinion. If their Imam forbids it, what does that change? Nothing. You control your own beliefs. Any citizen (religious leaders included) that threatens to kill another citizen, should be taken to court. If there is a serious threat, those are grounds for restraining orders and possibly arrest. It has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with intent.

Christians are free to try and convert Muslims, and the opposite is also true. And I am free to try and convince both Muslims and Christians that their beliefs are outdated and they should relinquish them.

The Imams will do what they will, and consequences will be meted out based on their actions. Say what you will, but do not infringe on the rights of other citizens. Must we explain freedom to every clown?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:

There was one guy that did something terrible, and you think that all of the Muslim soldiers have enlisted to infiltrate the military?

Army sergeant killed squad leader in Iraq, soldier testifies - Los Angeles Times

I guess we shouldn't allow the Polish to be in this country either, obviously since one guy did something horrible, that anyone with a Polish background is out to kill US soldiers

(I don't actually believe that, said for effect, sorry if I offend anyone with a Polish background)

And yes, they are fighting for you. They are your military men and women, sent by your President to foreign lands. Whether you agree with the war or not is a different matter, I don't like either war at this point. However, they are still fighting for me, and you, whether you want to admit it or not.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There was one guy that did something terrible, and you think that all of the Muslim soldiers have enlisted to infiltrate the military?

Army sergeant killed squad leader in Iraq, soldier testifies - Los Angeles Times

I guess we shouldn't allow the Polish to be in this country either, obviously since one guy did something horrible, that anyone with a Polish background is out to kill US soldiers

(I don't actually believe that, said for effect, sorry if I offend anyone with a Polish background)

And yes, they are fighting for you. They are your military men and women, sent by your President to foreign lands. Whether you agree with the war or not is a different matter, I don't like either war at this point. However, they are still fighting for me, and you, whether you want to admit it or not.
One guy?

One Muslim guy killed Robert F Kennedy, another Muslim guy killed Anwar Sadat, another Muslim killed Bhutto, another tried to kill the Pope, 19 Muslim guys brought down the WTC, many Muslim guys have burned US embassies, tried to blow up the NY subway, many have killed Israelis in suicide bombings, many Muslims are killing people in Indonesia, much of Africa all for their religion.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:57 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
It's obvious the general public doesn't want them around. Is it possible to drum them out completely? If you put the question on a national ballot, would it pass? We could always round them up and send them to Mexico or Canada.
No, its very not possible you cannot put constitutional rights on the ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies