Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
There are many gay people serving in the military. The don't ask policy is straightforward. If you really look at the policy you will see that it is the "don't tell" part that is the problem. And... that is the individuals responsiblilty.
The military already has sexual harrassment rules in place. The general rule is that the offended person has the rights. So, in the case of gays, - if a "straight" soldier objected to some gay comments, or other "harrassment" then he would be in the right to take it to the commander.
the point is... gays can serve in the military. It is only when gay people flaunt their lifestyle that they jeapordize themselves. Otherwise, no problem
That is NOt entirely true. Gay and lesbian miltary personnel have been turned in by others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You need to start saying the Declaration of Independence the same way TheWon said in that speech. He left out these words (by their Creator) and you included them in your post. I think he may issue an Executive Order wiping those words from the Declaration of Independence any day not. Now won't that make it nice for all the atheists here?
So when did Obama break into the National Archives and white out those words?

I don't think he did at all, so who cares what he said...I probably could dig up some bushisms about the Constitution and his official job description that would make the first George be a little ticked.

"I'm the decider." that's a good one.

Btw as a side note, and pointed out by someone else in an another thread, so kudos to them, it is after all THEIR Creator, ie, not your's, mine, our's, the, but their meaning 'you' plural possessive, indicating a person Creator as you see fit for yourself. So hey it could be God/Allah/Yaweh, it could just as easily be Vishnu. Jefferson wasn't very specific, or even very Christian.

Just think, you live in a nation founded by deists.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
Originally Posted by LuckyGem:
Every post you make on this subject serves to reinforce mine.

Everything isn't a battle to be won for "the underdog" whoever the underdog may be.

Status quo and all that go along with it, like tradition, standards, history stand for something in the military.

Our military doesn't have to bend to "get with the times". Everything shouldn't be a Progressives opportunity to throw a wrench in the machine and muck it up.

It works fine the way it is, homosexuals are a MINORITY in the military so insignificant it doesn't even justify mentioning.

Leave it alone.

If a gay wants to serve in the military then they serve under conditions. "Don't Ask Don't Tell" is that condition of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
(Hands clapping) Another outstanding post!

You guys are on a roll tonight....
If you think our military doesn't have to bend with the times, then I guess you're in favor it using the same strategies against enemies that it did years ago and forgoing the need to adapt to terrorism in the 21st century. Hell, why should we even fund new weapons since, like you clearly are saying you agree with LuckyGem, we don't need any kind of change to the military in this day and age. If it's OK as is, let's even stop funding it.

Oh, but what I think you're referring to is that the military should retain its cold heartlessness and view its soldiers as cannon fodder and its enemies as less than human. That's what makes men men, right? It worked for thousands of years, why change the formula?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
So when did Obama break into the National Archives and white out those words?

I don't think he did at all, so who cares what he said...I probably could dig up some bushisms about the Constitution and his official job description that would make the first George be a little ticked.

"I'm the decider." that's a good one.

Btw as a side note, and pointed out by someone else in an another thread, so kudos to them, it is after all THEIR Creator, ie, not your's, mine, our's, the, but their meaning 'you' plural possessive, indicating a person Creator as you see fit for yourself. So hey it could be God/Allah/Yaweh, it could just as easily be Vishnu. Jefferson wasn't very specific, or even very Christian.

Just think, you live in a nation founded by deists.
I see that you haven't seen the video of Obama hesitating at those three words and then going on without them. He knows very good and well that they are there but he decided to leave them out probably to try to please any atheists among the Hispanic audience. I don't know why he did it but he did it and he is supposed to be a Constitutional authority. Surely he would be able to remember that very important part of the Declaration if he was so well informed about that period.

I don't think that he left out those three words because the Creator could be any of several gods but we all know that those people who signed that Declaration knew what the word meant back then.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
There are many gay people serving in the military. The don't ask policy is straightforward. If you really look at the policy you will see that it is the "don't tell" part that is the problem. And... that is the individuals responsiblilty.
The military already has sexual harrassment rules in place. The general rule is that the offended person has the rights. So, in the case of gays, - if a "straight" soldier objected to some gay comments, or other "harrassment" then he would be in the right to take it to the commander.
the point is... gays can serve in the military. It is only when gay people flaunt their lifestyle that they jeapordize themselves. Otherwise, no problem
That is NOt entirely true. Gay and lesbian miltary personnel have been turned in by others.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but, I have no fear of homos.

I'll tell you what, you convince your liberal friends on here to quit using the term teabagger, and I will quit using the term homo.

Iv'e never read where you chastized any poster from using the term teabagger.
I'll do nothing of the kind.
Some people use terms in ignorance; some use them to indicate their personal ignorance.

BTW, teabaggers called themselves teabaggers.
It's the name they chose.

And quit trying to hijack the thread.

Quote:
dude did you read his post? He said that is what happened to him. So, if you want to call him a liar then thats your right. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of behavior. The military can't afford to risk lives just to please some gay rights advocates.
First of all, there's no proof that "that happened to him" and if it did, a simple response would be "no, thanks."
So you're saying that the poster's hatred is based in fear.

Gee, do you feel that way about women?
We put up with that behavior for a good deal of our lives. We learn to say, no, thanks and that's the end of it.
I'm sure you come to women's support all the time, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to say, I am surprised, but I think it goes quite a bit deeper than what you are saying or thinking. It isn't just homophobic mentality. It is more what can and will be accpeted by those in the military and what will and will not work.

Nita
They said the same thing about blacks and women.
So it's the hateros (I do so love that term) that have the problem.
They're not part of the solution.

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-21-2010 at 11:01 PM..

Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you haven't seen the video of Obama hesitating at those three words and then going on without them. He knows very good and well that they are there but he decided to leave them out probably to try to please any atheists among the Hispanic audience. I don't know why he did it but he did it and he is supposed to be a Constitutional authority. Surely he would be able to remember that very important part of the Declaration if he was so well informed about that period.

I don't think that he left out those three words because the Creator could be any of several gods but we all know that those people who signed that Declaration knew what the word meant back then.
You have about as much authority on the DoL and Constitution or the Founding Fathers as I do...so I'll leave it up to the experts to determine meaning and verbiage.

But history tells us that those men were Deists [Xtians in name only really], they chose EVERY word in the document with the utmost precision knowing that it had to win over each colony, the King of Great Britian and His Parliament, the King of France, the Dutch Republic, the King of Spain, etc as well as be submitted to time itself.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Honestly, I don't get it. Why does the gay lobby insist on putting their sexuality in everyone's face? Go be gay, enjoy, have at it. For the record, I do think that people are born gay and most aren't gay 'by choice'. The fact is, I don't care if you're gay or straight, and I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of soldier your are. I don't want to hear about straight sex or gay sex.
Well if it doesn't have anything to do with what kind of soldier you are, then you should be in favor of repeal of DADT. DADT is the reason why gays and our allies are now putting it in your face. Eliminate the discrimination and voila problem solved.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Nobody mentions that anymore
When Clinton introduced DADT, the gay community loved him.
well its true, you give them an inch, they take a mile.
Yeah, same as those blacks and women.
Who do they think they are demanding equality as citizens?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:50 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Dems control both houses but can't get that passed? You can't tell me they wanted it to pass, if they did then it would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies