Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeToRead View Post
Give me a break. If he was that ashamed of his sexual preference that is his own fault no one elses. What his room mate deserves was a good butt kicking but instead he was weak and took his own life.
So it's not reasonable to have some expectations of privacy when engaging in intimate acts behind closed doors? This was his dorm room, his home. I bet if you and the missus were getting jiggy, and it was on youtube the next day, you would be a tad irate? He was just a kid, a freshman. Very, very sad. If it were my kid, I would be beyond angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Get over it. He chose to kill himself not the boys who did the prank. The prank was rude but get over it. It was their room, too.
Quote:
Why should he be dismissed from the university? This was not done during class. This is BS. The roommate killed himself. That's his business. It's awful but he did it. The invasion of privacy is up to the police to deal with not the university.
Quote:
I'm sorry? But, they lived in the same dorm room? I don't understand what they did wrong except for the live stream of the sexual act. Let the district attorney handle this. You are not an attorney so butt out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Would be a good time for schools to get back to teaching personal responsibility and respect for others. Respect he'll probably see little of for the rest of his life.

Mr. Ravi may get to experience the joys of sex of which Mr. Clementi became deprived. With cameras, but alas, without the kisses.

Sweet dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think you mean good time for parents to get back to teaching personal responsibility and respect for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Agreed. Whatever. Both.

Home. Shools. Malls. McDonalds. They all need to reinforce personal responsibility and respect. For others as well as ones self.
Took the letters (words) right off my keyboard.

Guys are fired from Chrysler for drinking and smoking pot on their lunch break. So should these two be expelled from college and tried to the fullest extent of the law. One released on their own recognizance and the other made $25,000 bail. Thanks Mommy and Daddy. This teaches nothing. Not respect or responsibility. But money obviously can get one out of anything. This is a fallacy that is not soon enough being learned.

Both Wei and Ravi surrendered to police. Wei has been released on her own recognizance and Ravi posted $25,000 bail.

Things do not add up correctly enough in this country.

R.I.P. young man. Hopefully wherever you are is better than the sh*thole people have reduced life on this planet to.

Last edited by shroombeanie; 09-29-2010 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Changed 'teachings' to 'teaches'.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Clearly the kids who pulled the stunt were not thinking, no doubt they didn't think he would kill himself, who knows they might have not had anything agianst him and thought this was funny, no one has established a motive yet.
It was stupid, it was cruel but the intent is unknown at this time to the public.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Why should he be dismissed from the university? This was not done during class. This is BS. The roommate killed himself. That's his business. It's awful but he did it. The invasion of privacy is up to the police to deal with not the university.
I think five years in jail will pretty much make sure they are dismissed from the university.
They not only caused another's death, but they destroyed their own lives. Hard to get a job with no college degree and a felony on your resume...! Not to mention they will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.. I bet their parents are proud...!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:15 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Both Wei and Ravi surrendered to police. Wei has been released on her own recognizance and Ravi posted $25,000 bail.
Things do not add up correctly enough in this country.
He got the heavy duty bail because he committed the act, his gf just watched the video. Her role was very minor, but enough to ruin her life... College kids are so smart..

Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Get over it. He chose to kill himself not the boys who did the prank. The prank was rude but get over it. It was their room, too.
LOL that is one stupid post!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Everyone gets tricked into thinking you get straight As if your roommate commits suicide.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
People today, not just kids, don't have the capacity to think what their actions might do beyond the instant gratification they will personally get by committing the act. Everyone wants to be the guy/girl who posted that funny video or pulled that awesome prank.They Will Be Legendary...that's all they think about.

There was a post on CD a couple months back about the prank of butting the floor so when someone walked on it they would slip and fall. I can't tell you how many people thought THAT WAS FUNNY and would think it hysterical if their spouse or significant other pulled that prank on them and what was the matter with people having no sense of humor? Morons, every one of them, and they were not kids.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:47 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Is this sad? yes. Did these kids know he would kill himself? no. Most likely they thought they were being "funny", typical college crap. This is awful and tragic, but I am not sure they necessarily "broke any laws". Just my thoughts...

Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Is this sad? yes. Did these kids know he would kill himself? no. Most likely they thought they were being "funny", typical college crap. This is awful and tragic, but I am not sure they necessarily "broke any laws". Just my thoughts...
Hello..............invasion of privacy, its against the law........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies