Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Hate to break it to you, but it's a state school. You don't really have any expectation of privacy. RAs can come into your room and search for alcohol or drugs if they want. If you have ever lived in a dorm, especially in a state school, you'd understand a little better that that's no such thing as privacy there. When I was in college, we had a "gay peeper" that would open the shower curtain on you and take a picture and run away.

I hate to break it to you but I couldn't careless if it is a state school or not...this is morally wrong, PERIOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I hate to break it to you but I couldn't careless if it is a state school or not...this is morally wrong, PERIOD.
and cheating and adultery are morally wrong. should it be illegal?

It's morally wrong to not repay debts. Should people who don't do that be charged with crimes?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
and cheating and adultery are morally wrong. should it be illegal?

It's morally wrong to not repay debts. Should people who don't do that be charged with crimes?

There are different degrees of immorality but since you bring those things up, do you defend cheaters and adulterers like you are doing with the roommate in this situation? If there are laws against me walking around nude or having my window open while walking around nude, how can you justify a person taping someone having sex and posting it online wthout their consent? Your biggotry slip is hanging. If this was a pretty, straight White, blond-haired, blue-eyed White girl that this happened to, I am sure you would be a little more sensitive.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
There are different degrees of immorality but since you bring those things up, do you defend cheaters and adulterers like you are doing with the roommate in this situation? If there are laws against me walking around nude or having my window open while walking around nude, how can you justify a person taping someone having sex and posting it online wthout their consent? Your biggotry slip is hanging. If this was a pretty, straight White, blond-haired, blue-eyed White girl that this happened to, I am sure you would be a little more sensitive.
Dont even try to debate this with him. He cant keep on subject, and gets hysterical.
As someone else on this thread observed, some of the posters here have all the sensitivity of a rabid rottweiler, not to mention they have the moral depth of a frying pan.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
No I would not be. If she killed herself t was because she was mentally I'll also

Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,174 times
IDK it must be me but I'll never understand the idea of being outed and someone being so wrecked over it they kill themselves.

You're gay, SO WHAT!! This isn't the stone age or even the 50's or even 20 years ago. It's really not a big deal anymore. Now I know someone is going to read half the post and go crazy about "how do you know what he's going through!!" and yes they'd be right I don't but still, so you have a few weird holidays and bringing your BF over for the first time is going to be stressful but is it really worth killing youself over?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:35 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Accomplice to what? They are guilty of filming someone, if that's even a crime.

That he killed himself is HIS fault. He's obviously mentally unbalanced if he kills himself over anything, let alone that.
If you're an attorney as you claim, you would know that invasion of privacy is a crime. Try cracking those law books, sweetie.
They have already been charged, and I would daresay the DA is vaguely familiar with law.....unlike some of the posters on this thread.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
No I would not be. If she killed herself t was because she was mentally I'll also

Okay, so it's okay to torment mentally ill people? If a person is mentally ill, not that this is neccessarily the case here, it's not their fault. If this boy was as fragile as he appears, another incident may have driven him off the deep end but it still doesn't make what the roommate did acceptable and I am sure that he regrets it. It's called remorse...people do things without thinking about how their actions may affect others and regret it later. Unfortunately, some people are incapable of feeling anything for anyone else....How sad.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:39 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Just saw this on the news.......so sad!
I hope the idiot roommate and his accomplice are prosecuted to the fullest extent.
For what? He put a camera in his own dorm room. As for the suicide...did he push him off the bridge?

This was a horrible situation, and is very sad. I'm just not sure what the roommate can be prosecuted for. Is it a crime to put a camera in your own room?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:42 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If you're an attorney as you claim, you would know that invasion of privacy is a crime. Try cracking those law books, sweetie.
They have already been charged, and I would daresay the DA is vaguely familiar with law.....unlike some of the posters on this thread.
He's just bitter, because while he was in collage, the gay peeper never snapped a photo of his manlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies