Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Kind of funny that Homosexuality is thought of as completely natural, but this kid kills himself over it. Why?
If the sex act had been heterosexual would any of the participants have committed suicide over its broadcast? Not likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,474,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Contemplating suicide would be indicative of a troubled mind.
Mental illness is indicative of chemical imbalances in the brain, nothing more or less. Troubled mind could mean someone was confused, not ill.

Again, we all have a breaking point. This young man was obviously very sensitive...who the heck cares if he had "issues" about anything.

As said, this is all about the end of civility in our culture. Lack of care and respect about another human being's deepest feelings. Anything goes.

This is not a just story of a couple of University students acting stupidly. The perpetrators used an international stage for their "joke." Try imaging yourself in that position...how would you react if the very most intimate details of your life were on view for a world wide audience?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:32 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,474,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
If the sex act had been heterosexual would any of the participants have committed suicide over its broadcast? Not likely.
Ah, well that's the best argument for prosecution of these kids I've heard. If most people think it not likely, as several of you have suggested, then these two knew what the result would be: abject humiliation and embarrassment (by your logic).

Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Ah, well that's the best argument for prosecution of these kids I've heard. If most people think it not likely, as several of you have suggested, then these two knew what the result would be: abject humiliation and embarrassment (by your logic).
And you are saying that if this had been a normal heterosexual encounter one (or both) of the participants would have been so ashamed, humiliated, and embarrassed that they still would have committed suicide? This would indeed be true only if the stigma associated with homosexuality were truly the same and equal in every and all regards to that of heterosexuality.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,291,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Kind of funny that Homosexuality is thought of as completely natural, but this kid kills himself over it. Why?
Because so many people out there hold views like yours. Thinking helps sometimes.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Oh yeah. He's gonna be having some fun up in Rahway.

I hate to say this, but these idiot kids came from my town and school district, the one I send my kids to. I hope everyone in our town learns from this. The schools try to teach respect - my kids are proof of that - but it seems that not everyone listens during class.

That too. Obviously in this case someone wasn't doing their job.
This is a tragic story and those 2 should be charged with a hate crime and have the book thrown
but why would you want to send them to my town to have fun ?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Because so many people out there hold views like yours. Thinking helps sometimes.
Including the poor kid who killed himself over it.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
I'm shocked by how many people here think that secretly filming your roommate having sex isn't morally and criminally wrong. How would you feel if someone filmed you having sex? Taking a shower? Going to the bathroom? Changing?
I assume they wouldn't mind in the least, because they got large organs they're mighty proud of and want to show them off to the whole world.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Meanwhile, I hope the other guy in the video isn't seriously thinking of killing himself, too.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing with you or other posters that are saying that this young man was troubled. I certainly didn't suggest otherwise.

But I do think posters implying that there is an argument where there isn't is going a little off-topic.
So....because a lefty didn't bring that aspect of the situation up....it shouldn't be brought up?

Obviously, his state of mind is a factor, which then makes it on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies