Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 03:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Perhaps the video camera in the room was, of itself, not a prosecutable offense but the fact that the roommate saw fit to publish the video for the eyes of the world to see,
was a serious breach or violation of the victims rights. I am wondering whether the website which posted that streaming video will ever be called upon to answer charges for their
negligence or complicity in helping to push this obviously tormented boy off of the bridge. Where are the morals of these websites who take pleasure or profit through the publishing
of video like this? Who is it that screens these videos and deems them fit or worthy of publication? Is there to be no accountability on their part, no penalty or punishment for them?
It doesn't matter if it was Skype or facebook or youtube, someone within the chain needs to account for the sad and irresponsible fact, that this video was made available to the public.

Although many people, even those here on this thread might see the internet as the greatest tool for communication, like any other contrivance of mankind, it can be used for
good or for bad. Whether it is a gun which protects us or serves to take the life of another, a car to take us from place to place or perhaps to serve as an instrument of death for those
who die at the hand of a drunken driver, there is always a measure of accountability and until we, as users of this internet, can establish a code of conduct that encompasses civil and
criminal law, we are sadly destined to see a growing number of incidents such as this. I believe that, although there may be a few "armchair lawyers" responding to this thread who seem
to feel that blame belongs to be placed upon the victim, that those responders who feel this way, may have a skewed sense of morality when focusing on the legalities without seeing
the bigger picture, that a young man is dead because of a sense of embarrassment brought about by the sinister thoughtlessness of a fellow student. I hope that Dharun Ravi has a bit of
conscience because if he does, he will be righteously consigned to a lifetime of torment for the shameful thing that he has done. Ravi has made his own bed and I can only hope that he sleeps
restlessly in it.
Good thing they don't have TV shows like TV bloopers and practical jokes these days, the practical jokes might result in a suicide and a prosecution for Dick Clark and Gail Edwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 04:00 PM

309 posts, read 1,210,704 times
Default Murder i say

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
YOu really need to look up murder, and homocide.

How can you charge someone with murder who didn't even do anything that took someone else's life?

The guy would be alive today if they hadn't exposed him? Sure. And everyone killed in a auto accident would be still alive had the other driver not gone out. Should you charge all drivers w ith murder if the other person gets killed?

You dont' know what these legal terms mean. Murder is the unlawful killing of another person with malice aforethought.

They killed NOBODY. He killed himself, it's call a SUICIDE.
Greetings,

It seems today the dictionary is not paid much attention to. I say murder. Malice
OMG are u kidding. They were laughing until they were caught. Think there laughing now.
Would he of jumped if they hadn't exposed him to no point of return.
He jumped yes, I just wish somebody would of been there to catch him.
"Wasteful death" the death of that young man is on there hands.

Now since you want to debate, think of a new law to protect the next person from this.
My heart goes out to all of the parents and families involved in this. I Pray they all find somekind of peace.
Be Blessed

Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,

It seems today the dictionary is not paid much attention to. I say murder. Malice
OMG are u kidding. They were laughing until they were caught. Think there laughing now.
Would he of jumped if they hadn't exposed him to no point of return.
He jumped yes, I just wish somebody would of been there to catch him.
"Wasteful death" the death of that young man is on there hands.

Now since you want to debate, think of a new law to protect the next person from this.
My heart goes out to all of the parents and families involved in this. I Pray they all find somekind of peace.
Be Blessed
What part of there being a homicide for there to be a murder do you not understand?

The unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.

Laughing at someone's video and suicide is neither killing someone, nore would it constitute malice aforethought. Malice aforethought is pretty much intentionall or recklessly killing another, which does NOT include someone else committing suicide.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Default The law

Quote:
They were freshmen in college.

Are they any less responsible than other freshman who do drugs, get drunk, get pregnant and have abortions?

There are people that age who are in gangs, tons of violence. Are these two worse, because they filmed someone?
Greetings,

Your out there now. Off the beaten path of what happen here.

Think of a law that will punish the next person for this abuse. Quit defending the wrong side. - trying to lessen the crime. Are u related to the 2 that exposed him?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,

Your out there now. Off the beaten path of what happen here.

Think of a law that will punish the next person for this abuse. Quit defending the wrong side. - trying to lessen the crime. Are u related to the 2 that exposed him?
you're the one who is accusing them of murder!

You have to ACT or fail to act when you have a legal duty, for there to be a crime, and that act has to be the taking of someone else's life!

read up on criminal law! please!

Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM

Default You have my vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandeddie View Post

perhaps the video camera in the room was, of itself, not a prosecutable offense
but the fact that the roommate saw fit to publish the video for the eyes of the world to see,
was a serious breach or violation of the victims rights. I am wondering whether the website which posted that streaming video will ever be called upon to answer charges for their
negligence or complicity in helping to push this obviously tormented boy off of the bridge. Where are the morals of these websites who take pleasure or profit through the publishing
of video like this? Who is it that screens these videos and deems them fit or worthy of publication? Is there to be no accountability on their part, no penalty or punishment for them?
It doesn't matter if it was skype or facebook or youtube, someone within the chain needs to account for the sad and irresponsible fact, that this video was made available to the public.

although many people, even those here on this thread might see the internet as the greatest tool for communication, like any other contrivance of mankind, it can be used for
good or for bad. Whether it is a gun which protects us or serves to take the life of another, a car to take us from place to place or perhaps to serve as an instrument of death for those
who die at the hand of a drunken driver, there is always a measure of accountability and until we, as users of this internet, can establish a code of conduct that encompasses civil and
criminal law, we are sadly destined to see a growing number of incidents such as this. I believe that, although there may be a few "armchair lawyers" responding to this thread who seem
to feel that blame belongs to be placed upon the victim, that those responders who feel this way, may have a skewed sense of morality when focusing on the legalities without seeing
the bigger picture, that a young man is dead because of a sense of embarrassment brought about by the sinister thoughtlessness of a fellow student. I hope that dharun ravi has a bit of
conscience because if he does, he will be righteously consigned to a lifetime of torment for the shameful thing that he has done. Ravi has made his own bed and i can only hope that he sleeps
restlessly in it.
you go long island eddie

Old 09-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Default Murder i say

Quote:
you're the one who is accusing them of murder!

You have to ACT or fail to act when you have a legal duty, for there to be a crime, and that act has to be the taking of someone else's life!

read up on criminal law! please!
Greetings,

and is this boy alive............. YES I'M ACCUSING THEM OF MURDER
I guess you found a law to rewrite or a new law to protect the next guy.
Or still trying to argue with me..
Nothing u say is going to chane my mind.
Have a Nice evening......

Old 09-30-2010, 04:17 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
I think it's sad....think about it-you are what 18 and everyone saw you having sex-that is probably the worst humiliation he ever endured-thank god the technology wasn't around while I was in school. It's just a very disturbing story

Old 09-30-2010, 04:47 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,920 times
Quote:
Good thing they don't have TV shows like TV bloopers and practical jokes these days, the practical jokes might result in a suicide and a prosecution for Dick Clark and Gail Edwards.
In your hasty desire to grab at those straws of justification for your unpopular and unwholesome platform, you have failed to understand that these "bloopers"
and practical jokes are all, by and large, innocuous. These published videos are all released through the legal department of the networks involved, those featured in the
video have, for the most part, all signed waivers and surrendered rights to recourse or given the publisher, permission for publication. Your argument is weak and hollow,
merely a subterfuge on your part, to cloud the issue. I suspect that your long string of interplay here on this thread, is solely an effort on your part, to issue posts in the
selfish hope of boosting your mediocre ratings. You need to keep in mind the thought that many of us here at city-data are less impressed by the quantity or bulk of your
issuance, but rather, the quality of that issuance. I'm rating or reading your batting average at about 20 percent, tighten up your game, mate!

Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
They were freshmen in college.

Are they any less responsible than other freshman who do drugs, get drunk, get pregnant and have abortions?

There are people that age who are in gangs, tons of violence. Are these two worse, because they filmed someone?

He went off to college and he met someone . . death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies