Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 PM

277 posts, read 166,683 times

Advertisements

Beta-
two questions (I apologize if someone already asked these, I didn't read what everyone wrote)-would you be so blase if someone videotaped you w/out your knowledge having sex w/someone & then posted that video for millions of people to watch? Live no less? And also, if you were the parents of that kid who was videotaped, what would your reaction be to the roommate who videotaped your child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
I don't get it. What exactly are we blaming the roommates for? And how is it we even know it's connected?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Beta-
two questions (I apologize if someone already asked these, I didn't read what everyone wrote)-would you be so blase if someone videotaped you w/out your knowledge having sex w/someone & then posted that video for millions of people to watch? Live no less? And also, if you were the parents of that kid who was videotaped, what would your reaction be to the roommate who videotaped your child?
What did Paris hilton's parents do or the parents of every other women who has a celebrity sex tape released?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I think it's sad....think about it-you are what 18 and everyone saw you having sex-that is probably the worst humiliation he ever endured-thank god the technology wasn't around while I was in school. It's just a very disturbing story

Yeah...it would suck. But if that was enough to make him kill himself, there was bound to be something else upsetting in his life that would have caused his suicide sooner or later. I mean, that's an unstable individual.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,

and is this boy alive............. YES I'M ACCUSING THEM OF MURDER
I guess you found a law to rewrite or a new law to protect the next guy.
Or still trying to argue with me..
Nothing u say is going to chane my mind.
Have a Nice evening......
Well, hate to break it with you, but nobody will charge them with murder because they can't. Any any prosecutor bringing that charged would get Disbarred.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:09 PM

277 posts, read 166,683 times
Beta-
I don't know what Paris Hilton has to do w/this topic but could you please answer the questions I presented to you? Thank you.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:15 PM

128 posts, read 130,106 times
Angry 4 dead teenagers/boys in 1 month - after being severely bullied for being gay

I am extremely outraged and livid about this! 4 teenagers/boys committed suicide in the last month ALONE - after being severely bullied because they were gay.

CBS talked about all 4, but this article only mentions 3:

Gay Student's Death Highlights Troubling Trend - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Article about the CA boy:

California teen who endured gay taunts dies - NBC12 News, Weather Sports, Traffic, and Programming Guide for Richmond, VA |

September 22nd:
Rutgers University Student Tyler Clementi Commits Suicide after Sexual Encounter with Man Streamed Online.

In Texas, 13-year-old Asher Brown shot himself in the head after he was reportedly bullied.

September 29th:
A 13-year-old Central California boy who was a target of taunts from classmates has died nine days after hanging himself from a tree.

September 14th:
In Indiana, 15-year-old Billy Lucas killed himself.

About the Indiana boy:

Quote:
Students said on that same day, some students told Billy to kill himself. 'They said stuff like 'you're like a piece of crap' and 'you don't deserve to live.' Different things like that. Talked about how he was gay or whatever,' said Swango."
Indiana Teen Commits Suicide After Anti-Gay Bullying at School - Towleroad | #gay #news

The bullying must stop, and it must stop NOW!!

And there are even people on this forum who try to justify those horrific acts. You people disgust me! What the hell is just wrong with people? You have no idea what it means to be bullied. People are so cold and heartless these days. Some just feel no sympathy for the victims. This just makes me want to puke.
Why the hell would anybody care about someone else's sexuality? Why the hell do people bully other people so much that they will kill themselves? There are some damn sick people in our society.

Those perpetrators must be severely punished. But there's no punishment that will serve them right.

I am so sick and tired of this! When will people wake up? Not enough is being done to protect young people from bullies.

Rest in Peace.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:18 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
you go long island eddie
I agree; thoughtful and well-written. People choose to focus on how the victim was thinking when he jumped from the bridge, but ignore the many years of ridicule and abuse that he no doubt received, even in grade school. Intelligent, musically gifted, sensitive; the perfect target for bullies. We'll never know what he endured before this tragedy occurred.
Being filmed in a sexual encounter without one's consent is illegal, and to publish that material is a crime as well. A "fragile" heterosexual might be driven to suicide if filmed and exposed while having sex, particularly if not filmed with their spouse or significant other. Many young women have been through the horrible humiliation of having been given GHB then filmed while being raped; no doubt they have thought about or carried out suicide.
TBS, the lack of compassion and attempts to minimize what these two students did are sad. Clearly it was planned when the young man asked for some "private time" in his room. They placed the camera strategically, obviously, and chose to publish the encounter as a live feed on the computer. Contrary to what some seem to believe, colleges and universities certainly do have their own security staff, as well as what activities are outlawed on campus, no matter the time of day. The many young women raped on campuses each year are proof of that; if their assailants are caught, they face repercussions. Too few are reported and too few are punished, but that's fodder for a different thread.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Its sad... what do you think should be "done" to protect kids from bullies... I mean its easy to say but a lot harder to do.... as always... who, what, when, where, and how? Should parents be liable? At what age does the "adult" bear responsibility for themselves? The guy was an adult in college... at that point, the "who" should be redefined? Something should be done but instead all I here is "It's tragic" instead of more talk on solving the problem...

Old 09-30-2010, 05:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
Kids have been doing this forever. It's time the troublemakers were dealt with by the law the very FIRST time they're called to the principals office or a child makes it known that they're being bullied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies