Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,692,435 times

Advertisements

I believe in society we choose who to have SEX with from that point on its about friendships.
I can love a person male or female with deep friendship and connection. Society generally is telling how and what the norms of sexual conduct are. We also usually have closed minds towards sexual encounters and having parents of male\female partners makes sexual conduct the norm.
Being gay is a choice just as being heterosexual. It is not a difficult choice it is just a choice of which is easier if your choice is heterosexual in society.
I believe everyone is born different and their minds work and build the fantasies of sexual attraction.
We have millions of bi-sexual people who don't have any preference on a partners sex.

Also remember what we see as attractive is our own view and or some reflection of society norms.
What makes a skinny person more attractive then a large person and if being "different" gay attracts others to each other its probably also a supportive system.

If their was no sexual conduct would we still have gay and or straight people who will would be "in love with"

The human mind is to complex and has so many layers of sexual attraction I think it does beyond being male or female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,759,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wrong. Propagation of the human species does not "prove" anything about sexual orientation. Nothing is nature is 100% absolute. Homosexuality has existed forever, as far as we know, and the human race has survived just fine.
I'd say more than survived, as there are currently, what? SIX BILLION human beings on the planet?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I would say that they are "creating" homosexual children by the way they treat them and raise them. I've seen this in effect personally.
Then maybe you can explain those like the one Jet Jockey mentioned - raised in a strict religious home and coming out as homosexual in his teens? What part of that strict, fundamentalist Christian upbringing "turned" that boy gay?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Men in prisons do that out of convenience.
I'd say it's mostly about power - the aggressor showing his 'power' over the other.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 AM

758 posts, read 1,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Essentially every higher animal species has a non-reproductive segment (often homosexual). Here's a non-homosexual example: worker bees. Then there are situations of polyandry (many males mating with only one female - so 3, 4, 5, 6, males only produce 1 child, and then the multiple males collectively raise that one child). Polyandry is very common in primates. How do you explain why nature produced such things?
Excellent point!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not true. Straight male inmates choose to be attracted to men for the duration of their incarceration. As soon as they're released, they choose to be sexually attracted to women again. Why is that so hard to understand?
What is so hard for some to understand about the POWER situation involved with sex in a prison environment? They don't 'choose to be attracted to other men'. They choose to use sex as a means of control and power. Just like a rapist uses sex to overpower a woman.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,374,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
And it would be no more a choice than if I was BORN gay. But I wasn't. There is no "choice" in these matters! By the way...if I happen to enjoy anal sex with a woman, is that still "wrong"? I have no interest in reproducing, by the way--never wanted kids.
Your born straight, everybody is, there is no reason for anything else, if not it's a disorder of some type.

I really don't care if you like anal sex, I never said it was wrong, you did, I said a mans penis is not meant to go into another mans anus, thats just a fact, you do know your anus is a route to empty your bowels right? it is not a sexual organ, it can be used for whatever you deem fun but it's not meant for it.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am reletively new to this board. I see comments like this all the time and just don't understand it.

People conplain about duplicate threads..........and then you have people complain about people bringing old threads back to life. How old is too old? One month, six months, two years, three years?

New people and veterans alike may have missed the topic the first time around and may want to participate in a discussion of the topic now.

If a message board wants a subject discussed once, and once only........that message board would soon become extinct. One small defined group of people discussing a topic one time and that is it.........that would certainly stop any newcomers from joining this board.

If someone sees a topic being discussed that they have seen before, all they have to do is move on and let the people that would like to discuss that topic now do so.

If someone starts a thread that is repetative and no one shows interest because of it, that thread will die a swift death all by itself.

I just don't get it?
I have to agree. I've been busy on other threads and other web locations and only just got to this thread this morning. It's apparently now two or three threads combined and I didn't get to any of them before now. And yes, this topic has been discussed before, but obviously there are still many many posters who need to continue the discussion because they either don't get the point that whether homosexuality is a choice or an inborn trait it makes no difference. Or at least should make no difference in how they are treated. And that they should be treated no differently than anyone else.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I realize sexual urges don’t end with incarceration, but I have always questioned how a straight man could actually engage in gay sex, even under those circumstances. They should be allowed to purchase anatomically correct inflatable dolls, or other alternatives to relieve their sexual tensions. As a heterosexual woman, I have zero sexual attraction to women, so I would be interested in hearing how they reconcile this.
As I've stated twice this morning already, it's not about sexual attraction at all. It's about POWER. The same way a man raping a woman is about the POWER he feels over her.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,232,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
None that you know about........
I think I would have noticed!

We've always had a policy where no topic is forbidden. We have conversations about anything and everything. My kids can tell me anything and I listen. Furthermore, they know it,as do their friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies