Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh please. I was just responding to the OP in a sarcastic manner. Barbara Bush is a spoiled old lady and a lousy parent. That's fair criticism not her less than model looks. Her normal womanly figure and tasteful make-up was the only thing I actually like about her.

Reading posters refer to Michelle Obama as Moo-Shell disgusts me. It's childish and reeks of school yard name calling. I bet those same posters would take huge offense if I wrote that Limbaugh is big fat pig. Which he undeniably is.

ummm...actually Rush has lost a LOT of weight. But I get your point.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
...or you could support your original argument.

i think the reason i feel like i'm talking to bricks today (not just in this thread) is that i assume that all parties in a discussion have some desire to uphold the rules of logic.

i'm always up for a decent discussion, but lately, aw forget it
Holier than thou gets a chuckle too.

For future reference, the letter "I' should be capitalized.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:04 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Holier than thou gets a chuckle too.

For future reference, the letter "I' should be capitalized.

Projecting again, are we? Sitting on your high horse defending childlish insults of the FLOTUS and correcting grammatical errors. I guess you think you told him...LOL

Only very insecure people would resort to this behavior. I bet of some of the posters who feel the need to attack physical appearance actually posted their pictures, we'd all turn away from our monitors with our eyes burning.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:19 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You would think the WH has a person to instruct on etiquette and protocol...you would think.
yeah, you would think...

Chancellor Angela Merkel was talking to Italy's prime minister Romano Prodi when George W. Bush came into the hall ... Merkel was having a conversation with her neighbour, without realizing the Bush was coming at her from behind ... suddenly the U.S. president laid both hands on Merkel's shoulders...
and the rest is history.

Those on the right have such selectively short memories.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-10-2010 at 11:38 AM..

Old 11-10-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Always, eh?

Your version of 'drop-dead' gorgeous is probably far different than mine. I don't think skintight clothes, skyhigh heels and 10 lbs of makeup make a person beautiful, but that's a personal opinion.

Plus, looks can and do fade. That's why I appreciate a good mind and intelligence over looks.

Asking some of these posters to judge a person by their character is asking too much. It takes a good mind to know a good mind and you certainly won't find one resorting to childish insults about the FLOTUS. I'm sure we'd all be surprised at we saw here if everyone showed their pics. I actually do on many other websites but I'm too afraid that one of these nut jobs on this site may attack me. There are too many mentally unstable people here.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Projecting again, are we? Sitting on your high horse defending childlish insults of the FLOTUS and correcting grammatical errors. I guess you think you told him...LOL

Only very insecure people would resort to this behavior. I bet of some of the posters who feel the need to attack physical appearance actually posted their pictures, we'd all turn away from our monitors with our eyes burning.
I have not critiqued anyone on the basis of appearance and you have also taken my quote out of context.

Intellectual dishonesty does little for credibility.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 AM

958 posts, read 2,622,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
First, she touches the Queen of England. Now she forces a handshake on Informational Minister Sembiring, a conservative Muslim. Hey, Moooo-Shell, where's your Emily Post?
The OP seems to have some sort of freaky bovine fetish. For example see her post in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post16209553

On top of that, in that thread she calls herself non-confrontational. Sounds to me like she's nothing but an internet bully, leading a sad life. Similar characteristics in general to one of her probable idols, George W. Bush. All hat, no cattle.

She also took another mean shot at another African-American woman in this recent post.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post16268953

A real winner.

Last edited by EnglishCream; 11-10-2010 at 11:43 AM..

Old 11-10-2010, 11:27 AM

379 posts, read 211,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I thought you guys didn't believe anything a Muslim leader said Oh, your sources didn't get this far?
Indonesia's pious information minister, Tifatul Sembiring, is in hot water for touching the hand of First Lady Michelle Obama, in what he describes as forced contact. The politician flaunts his conservatism as a Muslim and claims to avoid touching women who aren't family members, the Associated Press reports.
Video of the moment does seem to contradict Sembiring's characterization of the encounter -- but you be the judge. The video is below:
First lady’s handshake with conservative Muslim raises Indonesian eyebrows | The Upshot Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101109/pl_yblog_upshot/first-ladys-handshake-with-conservative-indonesian-muslim-raises-eyebrows - broken link)
They only believe Muslims when they provide an opportunity to bash either Obama.

Thanks for the more complete information.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
The OP seems to have some sort of freaky bovine fetish. For example see her post in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post16209553

On top of that, in that thread she calls herself non-confrontational. Sounds to me like she's nothing but an internet bully, leading a sad life. Kind of like one of her probable idols, George W. Bush. All hat, no cattle.

Just another way of saying that she's passive-aggressive. I am not searching right now but this is also the same poster who admitted to being bullied as a child so much that she saved up for plastic surgery, then went on to say that her coworkers dislike her because they are jealous of her slender figure. Clearly she is insecure and you would think that someone that was once bullied wouldn't turn around and participate in this unproductive behavior. Everyone who dislikes a person is not always jealous --- some people don't like your attitude and negative behavior.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 AM

379 posts, read 211,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Obamas are just Chicago street thugs. They are ignorant.
Blinded by the Hate................still pushing out those Hate Obama messages.

Do you know the definition of the word "ignorant"? I'd suggest that getting a degree from Harvard would indicate that a person is not ignornant. It might be harder to get accepted at Harvard than an online college/university too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies