Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,251,349 times

Advertisements

I normally stay away from the politics forum because it ends up being people that have cemented views on things arguing with each other to no end. Then they end up ridiculing and belittling their political targets and each other (which really is the big problem for me), when in actuality the parties are not that different from each other. Fortunately, I found this thread and have had a nice laugh at the serious nature people have made voting on DWTS . Thank you for the good laugh and enjoy your day.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
My compliments to your thread. It is very relevant to POLITICS FORUM, it brings down the Palin house of cards. The conservatives are rabidly defending their politically-motivated cheating for SARAH Palin (not for Bristol Palin.) It is unconscionable that "christian" conservatives corrupt in this manner, and sad for Bristol because she IS a sweet young lady.
This is very well sad.

I think that Bristol will be the one to receive the backlash. Her mother should have given her support (from a distance) and let the other family members cheer her on at the performances. Sarah Palin is an extremely polarizing individual and I do not see how she thinks that she will be a good leader with all of her divisiveness and her rabid, lunatic uber-supporters waging holy war for any and everything "Palin".

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh stop already. Your rage is clouding your brain! Sarah Palin is not in Politics, she is NOT an elected official or the leader of anything. She can promote whatever she feels like promoting without asking you for permission first.
Have you been out of the country for the past few years? Palin is in politics. She's into it big time i.e. you don't have to be an elected official to have great influence in politics. Does the name Karl Kove mean anything to you? Did Sarah not take credit for getting people elected recently? I'm not saying that Sarah doesn't have the RIGHT to promote whatever she likes but I do have the right to call what she is doing regarding DWTS tacking and demeaning to our political process. How many of the neo-cons on this site have called Obama tacky for appearing on The View or the Daily Show? Same difference with Sarah---mixing politics with entertainment is a two-side sword.

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Reminds me of little ankle-biting canines.
You got that right. Yipping and yapping while they are nipping at your ankles.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Have you been out of the country for the past few years? Palin is in politics. She's into it big time i.e. you don't have to be an elected official to have great influence in politics. Does the name Karl Kove mean anything to you? I'm not saying that Sarah doesn't have the RIGHT to promote whatever she likes but I do have the right to call what she is doing regarding DWTS tacking and demeaning to our political process.
give it up. It has nothing to do with our political process.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
People are upset over this because it is clearly that brandy is a much better dancer than Bristol ever could be.
I was hoping Brandy would win. I think she was by far the best dancer there, Bristol should have went episodes ago....

I like her, but she doesn't deserve to be there now. She is not entertaining nor does she have a personality.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Of course it does...to the Left. They can't stomach Palin appearing ANYWHERE - to them it means SHE is making it political.

I wonder if they even realize how taken over with rage and hate they truly are when it comes to Palin. They are so focused on her, like a bloated tic on a dog, one has to wonder why.

The answer of of course is they see her as a threat.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Twenty pages in the political forum and you say this issue has nothing to do with politics.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course it does...to the Left. They can't stomach Palin appearing ANYWHERE - to them it means SHE is making it political.

I wonder if they even realize how taken over with rage and hate they truly are when it comes to Palin. They are so focused on her, like a bloated tic on a dog, one has to wonder why.

The answer of of course is they see her as a threat.
And isn't that ultimately what their impotent rage is about? Because if Palin's popularity has kept Bristol on the show...and TLC just posted record numbers of viewers for her Alaska show..well, that just about confirms their worst fears.

So secure and smug were they that Palin is just a laughable, ignorant, shrieking joke that certainly she'd be reduced to has-been status. But look at this..appears that a heck of lot of people remain interested in what she has to say. Remain supportive of her message, and her ability to continue to deliver that message despite everything that they've thrown at her.

So those on the left...deal with it. She's popular. Period. She has influence. Period.

And really, again, congratulate yourselves. For she never, never would have made it this far without you. (And Bristol would never have even been considered for DWTS).

Old 11-17-2010, 11:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Methinks the libs are quite the conspiracy theorists, at least the ones here on CD.
Oh, they are! This is so hilarious!! Their true colors are really showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies