Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it be easier to attach a security person with handcuffs to each passenger and have them watch them like a hawk until the plane gets to their destination. Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 05:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I hope Amtrak gets booked 110% solid for the next 12 months.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,418 times
This is disgusting. I generally don't mind some added security if it can lead to us feeling more safer--but why does the government hire IDIOTS for these jobs? They hire people coming off of welfare and have little to no job experience as NATIONAL SECURITY. Why/HOW? They need to replace these low life idiots, stop worrying about "BEING DIVERSE" and hiring people with security backgrounds AND/OR can critically think. I do not have any type of security background, however, even I would have handled this situation with respect and concern while STILL doing my job.

God damn this country anymore!

Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,988 times
Air travel is out of control. I wouldn't fly if you paid me.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:46 PM

And Obama says he understands but it stands..for our own good because of the underwear bomber who boarded that plane in Amsterdam even after his father turned him in and he was on the No Fly list. So security screws up and now passengers can throw their dignity to the wind and get groped or looked at naked.

This isn't the end. This will get worse.

Obama says understands ire over airport screenings - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101120/ap_on_re_eu/eu_obama_airport_security - broken link)

Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
I have also been embarassed by the tsa . I wear an insulin pump and they have asked me to remove it and I did and they still had issues with me carrying syringes . I told them that since I have to sometimes remove my pump and if I need insulin when my pump is down this is the way I do it injection . They rolled their eyes at me too . I missed my flight for that and I decided not to fly that day and went home and called my client and they totally understood . Do you know what the airline did ? they offered me a free flight . I told the lady I would not take that free flight . I never did . My client felt so bad for me she drove up 1200 miles to see me .

Old 11-20-2010, 05:55 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I hope Amtrak gets booked 110% solid for the next 12 months.
I plan on booking mine way early this next trip and figuring on it being full.

This kind of thing is unconsionable and these goons need to be unemplyoyed. There are other ways to travel if you can. Or just take the consequences and do not fly period. No matter what the airlines say $$$$$ will talk.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:55 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine - Travel - News - msnbc.com
Why is it a newsflash that people who are paid $10 per hour don't care? Does anyone really expect them to?

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-20-2010, 05:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I have also been embarassed by the tsa . I wear an insulin pump and they have asked me to remove it and I did and they still had issues with me carrying syringes . I told them that since I have to sometimes remove my pump and if I need insulin when my pump is down this is the way I do it injection . They rolled their eyes at me too . I missed my flight for that and I decided not to fly that day and went home and called my client and they totally understood . Do you know what the airline did ? they offered me a free flight . I told the lady I would not take that free flight . I never did . My client felt so bad for me she drove up 1200 miles to see me .
I work in the medical field. Most patients ask for a letter stating that they have to carry insulin and syringes. Did you call the airline prior to your trip to ask what would be necessary prior to your trip since you had to travel with insulin and syringes? If you didn't I think you have to assume responsiblility.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I plan on booking mine way early this next trip and figuring on it being full.

This kind of thing is unconsionable and these goons need to be unemplyoyed. There are other ways to travel if you can. Or just take the consequences and do not fly period. No matter what the airlines say $$$$$ will talk.
FYI..Amtrak ridership is up 40% since 2000.
I hope it goes up even higher after this.

The only ones who can get this stopped now are the airlines and only if people refuse to fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies