Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:12 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This is nothing new. People who could not pass through airport screening devices have always had to travel with a letter from a doctor. Why the outrage now?
I guess because in this particular case the TSA folks had no idea what they were looking at and his bag broke and went all over his clothes.

A letter may not have made a difference..this is a new type of screening and even people with prosthesis have to uncover and show them.
A letter is not going to give you a free pass through this new screening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
A letter is going to give the screener a heads up. I think the "victim" in this case failed to give the screeners a heads up. I also wonder why the "victim" did not bother to empty his bag before passing through security. Seems strange to me that his bag was so full.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
You must not travel much by air. Do you know that many people have devices implanted in their bodies that would not allow them to pass through airport screening devices? Those people have always traveled with a letter. I don't know why you find that a problem.
Do you understand that this man was wearing an applience glued to his body to collect urine? Because his body cannnot do it? Is this not something which most people would consider something rather private? Do you get that it is embarresing to have this revealed to ALL while standing in an airport?

The man asked for a private room to be used as well. The mindless drones hired by the tsa did not even want to go that far. I assume the TSA does not bother to train them that not everyone is intact and perfect under the clothes and my guess is they wouldn't care anyway.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Do you understand that this man was wearing an applience glued to his body to collect urine? Because his body cannnot do it? Is this not something which most people would consider something rather private? Do you get that it is embarresing to have this revealed to ALL while standing in an airport?

The man asked for a private room to be used as well. The mindless drones hired by the tsa did not even want to go that far. I assume the TSA does not bother to train them that not everyone is intact and perfect under the clothes and my guess is they wouldn't care anyway.
Yes, I understand that ostomy bags are attached to the body with adhesive rings. I doubt that you understand that the bag could have been easily emptied prior to passing through security.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,398 times
Quote:
A letter is going to give the screener a heads up. I think the "victim" in this case failed to give the screeners a heads up. I also wonder why the "victim" did not bother to empty his bag before passing through security. Seems strange to me that his bag was so full.
This is Moderator cut: language crazy. You are trying to push the responsibility onto a private traveler with a disablity no less, who paid his fare, and airport fees (where do these go?) and taxes?! We and our kids have something to prove becuase we bought a ticket? Not the TSA goons that are only fit to stand around, obstruct commerce, and humiliate paying customers?!

If I was a CEO of United or SW or BlueJet or whatever I'd have a number of class actions lawsuits in the works against the Federal government, and its unleashed and ill mannered pitbull TSA in particular, because I'd smell money leaving.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-20-2010 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 11-20-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
This is Moderator cut: language crazy. You are trying to push the responsibility onto a private traveler with a disablity no less, who paid his fare, and airport fees (where do these go?) and taxes?! We and our kids have something to prove becuase we bought a ticket? Not the TSA goons that are only fit to stand around, obstruct commerce, and humiliate paying customers?!

If I was a CEO of United or SW or BlueJet or whatever I'd have a number of class actions lawsuits in the works against the Federal government, and its unleashed and ill mannered pitbull TSA in particular, because I'd smell money leaving.
People with ostomys are not disabled.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-20-2010 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 11-20-2010, 07:26 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Before they did their patdown he told them what they would find and they should be careful. They were not. I doubt he would have had a problem in PRIVATE showing them what they found. If the TSA does not educate the goons they will encounter people with ostomy's and that they should take care they shoud be sued. You shouldn't be treated like a criminal because you had had an illness.

And if there is any kind of weight it could be. Nor would it be necessary for it to be full to soak.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
God bless you, just God _____bless you. I hope you never, ever have to wear a colostomy or bladder bag.

I have to leave before I let loose, and get kicked off of C-D.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Location: Cornudas TX better known as Glory Land east of Paradise
120 posts, read 235,794 times
If you think it is bad now, just wait as time goes on you will loose more and more of the freedoms that we had prior to 9-11.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
God bless you, just God _____bless you. I hope you never, ever have to wear a colostomy or bladder bag.

I have to leave before I let loose, and get kicked off of C-D.
How do you know that I don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies