Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 08:57 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If I had a urostomy or colostomy bag I would be traveling with a letter from my doctor. If liquids are not allowed and you know you will be carrying "liquids" you should be prepared with a letter.
Do you have any idea how absurd you sound???????????

My God!

These idiot TSA "agents" can be trained in BASIC medical appliances such as colostomies and urostomies, and they can be trained to recognize an insulin pump. The same goes for medications and syringes. And what's with the "letter from the doctor" suggestion? Do you really think that letters can't be faked?

If Muslims can afford to train their terrorists in flight schools, surely they can afford printers and paper that create fake letterhead.

Geez>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
What? A urostomy is a urostomy and the bag can be emptied.
How do you know he didn't empty his urostomy bag prior to going through security? A kidney can easily output 100 ml per hour (even more if you're drinking a lot). If he were standing in line for a couple of hours, which is not too hard to imagine, that's 200 ml -- enough to spill if the bag is pulled off by an idiot.

Your entire conversation in this thread is INSANE.

Last edited by chattypatty; 11-20-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 09:04 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
It was a bag attached by an adhesive ring wasn't it? Good thing you know for a fact that the "victim" is telling the truth. I still keep wondering why he didn't empy his bag before passing through security.
The bag was NOT what leaked! When that seal is broken, the urine flows on it's own. There is no 'control' by the body as we feel it. It's a constant slow flow. The bag was NOT what leaked! Can you not get this through your mischaracterized head?

If you don't know the process how can you claim the bag should have been emptied? The seal on the skin was broken and the urine leaked from that point. The bag was NOT what leaked!

Again, t
he bag was NOT what leaked!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:12 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
TSA screeners didn't set the rules. They are just doing their $25000-$35000 job and have little discretion. I'm sure they don't enjoy groping your mom and dad.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The bag was NOT what leaked! When that seal is broken, the urine flows on it's own. There is no 'control' by the body as we feel it. It's a constant slow flow. The bag was NOT what leaked! Can you not get this through your mischaracterized head?

If you don't know the process how can you claim the bag should have been emptied? The seal on the skin was broken and the urine leaked from that point. The bag was NOT what leaked!

Again, the bag was NOT what leaked!
Exactly. At a minimum, barring absolute kidney failure, a kidney will produce 30 ml per hour (that's a minimum, remember, and usually it produces far more), and even if we were talking about that very minimum output, it would ooze constantly from the urostomy stoma. Not to mention, if the bag fell off, then all the urine that was in the bag would spill as well. Plus, it takes time to get a new phalange adhere to the skin, which has to be dry, and urostomies are tricky precisely because of the constant wetness.

I'm surprised that someone who claims to have been in the medical field for 20 years would not understand how a urostomy works . . .

Old 11-20-2010, 09:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Do you have any idea how absurd you sound???????????

My God!

These idiot TSA "agents" can be trained in BASIC medical appliances such as colostomies and urostomies, and they can be trained to recognize an insulin pump. The same goes for medications and syringes. And what's with the "letter from the doctor" suggestion? Do you really think that letters can't be faked?

If Muslims can afford to train their terrorists in flight schools, surely they can afford printers and paper that create fake letterhead.

Geez>
No. I don't think I am absurd at all.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
TSA screeners didn't set the rules. They are just doing their $25000-$35000 job and have little discretion. I'm sure they don't enjoy groping your mom and dad.
The problem is that no one outside of the TSA does know the rules.
Reporter after reporter have asked and the TSA is not talking.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 PM

792 posts, read 1,301,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine - Travel - News - msnbc.com
If this case is factual, and I'm sure it is.....I would own those worthless punks that humiliated this man.....case closed

Old 11-20-2010, 09:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Exactly. At a minimum, barring absolute kidney failure, a kidney will produce 30 ml per hour (that's a minimum, remember, and usually it produces far more), and even if we were talking about that very minimum output, it would ooze constantly from the urostomy stoma. Not to mention, if the bag fell off, then all the urine that was in the bag would spill as well. Plus, it takes time to get a new phalange on and urostomies are tricky precisely because of the constant wetness.

I'm surprised that someone who claims to have been in the medical field for 20 years would not understand how a urostomy works . . .
If the man emptied the bag prior to going through security he would have been fine. You do know that 30ml is not enough to make urine soak this man as he claimed right?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:23 PM

17,356 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
And thats part of the larger problem.
Quote:
And therein lies the problem.
Most definitely agree with you both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies