Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 08:17 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times

Advertisements

All passengers should be screened equally. Better yet, all passengers should remove all their clothes and place them in well marked plastic bags. The passengers board the plane naked and receive their clothes upon getting off the plane at their destination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Had the screeners been trained properly, all medical type screenings would be diverted to trained screeners in a special area.

At least that's what a well planned for screening multi billion dollar system should work.
An ostomy bag or implant is no big deal. It does not require special training for screeners.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:20 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Never once did I state that the man was irresponsible. I did state that he could have emptied his bag prior to passing through security. How do you know the TSA screener was untrained? No, I do not work for the TSA.
You have repeatedly blamed this cancer patient throughout this thread & have even suggested he created a situation where urine was spilled all over himself so that he could sue & make money.
Isn't that enough?
Would you approve & be so vigilant in blaming a patient if it was someone YOU love or care for?
This man has been through enough & his treatment at the airport in the name of 'fear' was & is disgusting.

Yes I am outraged & if you are not, then I am sorry for you.
This should never happen in our country.
Are you OK with being groped at the airports?

Old 11-20-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
You have repeatedly blamed this cancer patient throughout this thread & have even suggested he created a situation where urine was spilled all over himself so that he could sue & make money.
Isn't that enough?
Would you approve & be so vigilant in blaming a patient if it was someone YOU love or care for?
This man has been through enough & his treatment at the airport in the name of 'fear' was & is disgusting.

Yes I am outraged & if you are not, then I am sorry for you.
This should never happen in our country.
Are you OK with being groped at the airports?
That is your interpretation of my posts and your opinion is not fact. I have no problem with a pat down at the airport. As someone who flies frequently I consider it a necessary evil.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
That is your interpretation of my posts and your opinion is not fact. I have no problem with a pat down at the airport. As someone who flies frequently I consider it a necessary evil.
Reread your posts on here....it is fact.
Oh OK I understand now.....your someone who willingly does whatever the government tells you is 'good' for you. um hm.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,522 times
Quote:
An ostomy bag or implant is no big deal. It does not require special training for screeners.
Clearly it is a big deal and clearly they do require special training or instances like this wouldn't happen.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Oh OK I understand now.....your someone who willingly does whatever the government tells you is 'good' for you. um hm.
You have totally mischaracterized me. I'm shocked.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:32 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
No, you characterized yourself.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Clearly it is a big deal and clearly they do require special training or instances like this wouldn't happen.
It is not a big deal and they do not need special training. There was obviously some miscommunication in this instance.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Did you not say that you believe getting pat downs at the airports is a necessary evil?
Why is it necessary?
Do you not think that a screener should have some kind of training to be able to avoid pulling the bag from this mans body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies