Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the video of Palin killing a deer affect your opinion of her?
I like her MORE than I did before 43 31.85%
I like her LESS than I did before 18 13.33%
It has no affect on my opinion of her 74 54.81%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If you don't like Hunting, fishing or Palin why watch her show? If you think that she is a fraud why spend any energy worrying about her?
Me I watched the show in question only because I have hunted cariboo. She made the shot. Her technique was weak but otherwise she did all right. Her show was not much different than most hunting shows that I have endured.
She is a non-factor and it amazes me how many hater spend the time and effort to bash her. How many threads is this now?
Tin if this were paris hilton? Really comes down to people holding up a tumor and worshiping it as a hero. Palin is offensive enough, but the hero worshiping of rotten... reminds me of women sending romantic letters to Charles Manson. Makes my skin crawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 06:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Tin if this were paris hilton? Really comes down to people holding up a tumor and worshiping it as a hero. Palin is offensive enough, but the hero worshiping of rotten... reminds me of women sending romantic letters to Charles Manson. Makes my skin crawl.
So the absence of raking her over the coals at every contrived opportunity and setting the record accurate is the face of unabashed liars and haters equates in your book to "hero worship"?

How so?

Did it ever occur to you that some of us are sick and tired of the baseless misogyny displayed by the far left (men and women alike) when it comes to Conservative women?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
In fact, I'd rather watch Palin hunt caribou that that damned Duck Commander hunt ducks. And all I hunt anymore are ducks and geese.

Do you mean Bill Clinton, when he stepped out from behind a bush with a trap gun broken over his shoulder, and said "Hunters can still shoot ducks with the same rifles they always shot ducks with." *

Or someone else?

* BC was a fool then and is still a fool now.

TinMan, yeah some of these bleedin hearts think if they say something enoough times it becomes true

Old 12-14-2010, 07:52 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
My opinion of her hasn't changed one bit.
I always thought she was a moronic, wretched creature, and I still feel that way.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
That's not entirely true. While a rifle is much more accurate and capable of longer range shots, it is still very feasible, and common enouogh, to hunt deer with a shotgun. Have you not heard of buckshot?
Deer hunting with buckshot??

Not gonna have much luck bring down a deer with buckshot unless maybe you convince it to come close enough to shake your hand.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Deer hunting with buckshot??

Not gonna have much luck bring down a deer with buckshot unless maybe you convince it to come close enough to shake your hand.
Not true, many areas of many states are shot gun only and 00 Buck and 000 Buck are used as well as a variety of slugs.
Assuming 12 ga in 2 and 3/4inch,
00 Buck contains (9) 0.36 round ball in a shell.
000 Buck has more, but smaller round ball, and I am not certain on how many or what size.

I will agree a shot gun hasn't got the reach of any decent deer rifle though.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hunting is on the decline in the U.S. I don't think that this is good for her image or popularity ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBi_Hb23meM

Liberals just hate guns.

She should come to our state. Deer are like rats here and need to be thinned out quite a bit. Personally, I prefer to shoot pheasant and pigs. Deer hunting simply requires too little movement and patience for me.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So the absence of raking her over the coals at every contrived opportunity and setting the record accurate is the face of unabashed liars and haters equates in your book to "hero worship"?

How so?

Did it ever occur to you that some of us are sick and tired of the baseless misogyny displayed by the far left (men and women alike) when it comes to Conservative women?
Contrived opportunities-- like flying to haiti to stare at a train wreck and dub yourself mother theresa? Like putting more poison in peoples ears and claiming they're victims? She's a Louis Farrakahn of poor white folks.

Baseless misogyny of conservative women is too ironic! Where on earth do you think all that hate mail sent to Jessica Lynch is coming from? Conservative women hate women more than ultra conservative males do. By very definition they're defective males. Sick and sad. Manipulative, back biters, gossips... morally repugnant bertha's in the pews. Show me something different. Palin/ Coulter/ Bachmann is only driving the point home. Modern brand conservative women= Hateful biddies.

I'm able to say that so emphatically because I know the difference first hand between real conservative women of substance and what passes for conservative presently. Put a pile of puke on a stage, claim it's gold, and blame everyone else for their revulsion as 'discriminating' against you.

Center for Military Readiness | Elaine Donnelly's Bio
A conservative woman appointed the job by conservative sugar daddies to regurgitate talking points to females in service that they may not be there, despite the fact she's never served a day in her life. Hateful ignorant biddies, and if there's a day of justice coming, every last mouth ought to be tossed into a female marine barrack and let those female marines voice their vote as they see fit, no restrictions blanket party. In defense of military culture, of course.

No, people like yourself won't bother listening to women who achieved rank in the system honorably. You'll appoint a moron bobble head doll as spokesperson and claim to be #1 cheer leaders of the troops. Except, of course, the troops you don't like.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals just hate guns.

She should come to our state. Deer are like rats here and need to be thinned out quite a bit. Personally, I prefer to shoot pheasant and pigs. Deer hunting simply requires too little movement and patience for me.
Did you notice the title of this thread? I don't think that many people confuse reindeer with caribou and most know that caribou just aren't deer.

Many of our people have no idea how much deer raise our insurance rates out here in the sticks. In the county I live in deer have been counted in herds of 250 and when it comes time for the rut they are running all over the place since most bucks can't control their bodies when their sexual organs have taken over their control of themselves. I have never been unfortunate enough as to hit one but the day may come any time. I bet that most of the Palin haters don't know that in the last three months of the year there are more deer running into vehicles than the other way around.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I bet that most of the Palin haters don't know that in the last three months of the year there are more deer running into vehicles than the other way around.
I'll take that bet. Developers went hog wild on long island, diminished their habitat, and zoning prohibits hunting in residential neighborhoods. They're traveling in herds down southern state parkway during snowy season every year foraging for reduced food supply. Starving to death is a far more cruel fate than hunting to cull the herds. Fire Island is over run. No predators, not enough food, and a tick population out of control right along with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies