Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,290,606 times

Advertisements

Cities own the airports right? So why do we even pay these people to sexually abuse people flying? And this bs that we shouldn't "profile", I say either "profile" or get the hell out of the way and let every passenger have a weapon. Security is not disarming everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 11:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9KOgoTTnI

Old 12-26-2010, 11:59 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
you make no freaking sense. Say that to the family of those who were on those planes or those towers. It's not like they are gonna be grabbing your breast or your nipples like when you are having sex. Comparing rape to a patdown is very offensive to those people who have been rape victims.
Someone sticking their hands inside your clothes or squeezing the breasts or sticking the hand inside the vagina IS offensive no matter who it subject to it. Do you think that grandmothers and people who are disabled don't think its abuse? Or some *adult* sexually pawing a child? Or anyone who wishes to keep their body private? And who knows which among those in line are victums of rape or abuse who do NOT find such touching acceptable and in fact do find it traumatic?

I personally have touching issues. NO b**ch is going to try that or I'll react. And due to medical circumstances even if I would do an irradiation (it is dangerous and intrusive) I would be patted down. To call something where it would amount to a sexual assualt under normal circumstances if there was no permission is another instance of the propaganda being spewed by the TSA.

I will not go to a place where I will be abused and if they tried would not submit. The TSA needs to be fired and replaced with someone who does security not abuse. And Janet "Big Sis" needs to quit urging us to spy and tell. This does NOT sound like America.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:12 AM

12 posts, read 28,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I guess you have never gone to war to defend your, but I have, as have millions of others, and it wasn't so the cowards could make the effort null and void by surrendering freedoms willingly.
Er, I'm in the Army, have been deployed to Afghanistan before and am getting ready to deploy there again in a few months. Yet, I don't have a problem with the pat-downs. I've been subject to them before at concerts (everybody went through one to get in) so I don't see any reason why I'd have a problem going through them at the airport where there too someone could be carrying something that would bring harm on lots of people. I fight to defend our freedom yes but I also fight in the hopes that those back home are kept safe and if there's a chance a pat-down will cause there to not be any attacks back home esp while I'm fighting overseas, I'm all for it.

I think people using words like "molested" and "groped" are greatly exaggerating (and did someone really refer to it as rape?!). If you're that overly sensitive then like someone else said, drive don't fly. It's not like you don't know what could potentially await you at the airport. I just flew home for Christmas leave and I got a pat-down. They didn't linger anywhere and it was very professional. The woman ahead of me who got one too had the back of the TSA lady's hand skimming lightly on the underside of her breast which I'd hardly call being groped. She didn't become traumatized or bothered when it was barely even a touch. They aren't feeling you up in a sexual way, they aren't getting off on it and I highly doubt the people around you are either. I just don't see the big deal about pat-downs. The people referencing body cavity searches are being over the top to try and prove their point and I'm sorry but that ridiculousness just makes me laugh.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:16 AM

12 posts, read 28,718 times
Quote:
Someone sticking their hands inside your clothes or squeezing the breasts or sticking the hand inside the vagina IS offensive no matter who it subject to it
Um, yeah...but they AREN'T doing that during these pat-downs and I highly doubt they're about to start. Why do people go so over the top with this? It just makes me discount anything you have to say about the matter.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
[mod cut-- orphaned quote] They are still sticking their hands over areas where they shouldn't touch. Can you imagine this happening in any other era of our nation's history? They wouldn't stand for it. The people had ideals, customs, morals in those times. This has become a nation of cowards who will not stand up for anything.

Again, I ask you. You stated that other countries put you through the "patdown". Which countries do this? I admit that I have not travelled to foreign lands in some time. I don't remember anything like what we go through in the Madrid Barajas or the Paris CDG. Costa Rica was downright primitive with a simple walk through, no removal of the shoes or any of the other harassments. None of these airports made me remove my shoes or performed groping of any kind.

Last edited by observer53; 12-27-2010 at 08:46 AM..

Old 12-27-2010, 12:26 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeflying View Post
Um, yeah...but they AREN'T doing that during these pat-downs and I highly doubt they're about to start. Why do people go so over the top with this? It just makes me discount anything you have to say about the matter.
Read back in older threads. They have done this. And it IS a privacy issure. What about the pictures of hands inside pants or inside shirts? That is private territory. This is a violation of our constitutions rights against unreasonable search. This is not security but theater and control. And the terrorist and laughing because if we'll let ourselves be treated this way, against our laws, it just means they WON.

You won't find cell phone photos now since they have decided that taking videos of a public place while government officials act like jerks and worse is illegal and will get you arrested.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,162 times
I flew to and out of Paris a year ago and didn't even have to take shoes off, just a metal detector and passport control. Never mind groping of private parts of passengers, or TSA goons knocking old ladies down to the ground, or abusing passengers with medical conditions like a month ago. The US seems to truly 'stand alone' in this ineffectual idiocy.

Strangely, this is right after a pilot showed the real hole in the airport security when anything can be snuck on the tarmac/plane with an employee pass or a connection in the staff who service the planes' departures and arrivals.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Someone refresh my memory...just how many terrorists have TSA agents apprehended since the organization was founded, with either the new patdowns, full body scanners or the previous procedures?

TSA isn't meant to enhance "security"...it's to give some gullible people the impression that they are safer.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
no one is forcing you to fly, drive if your breast virginity is THAT important
Look, if these TSA Gestapo tactics are accepted at airports today, they will be used dragging us out of our homes tomorrow. Wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies